Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Reasons why I would have killed Daryl

Discussion in 'Episode 309 - The Suicide King' started by dogfighter, Feb 11, 2013.

1. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

If I was Rick I would have killed my favorite character Daryl when he told Rick that he wanted to leave for three reasons. The first reason is because Rick needed to kill Merle, ever since Atlanta Merle has been a threat to Rick's group. He helped the Governor find out where Ricks camp was by beating Glenn(a loyal follower) and then he almost had Glenn and Maggie killed at the end. If Rick would have killed Merle in front of Daryl when they were in the woods then Daryl would have attempted to kill Rick so that wouldn’t have worked. The second reason why is because Rick needed to send out a message to rest of the group which is that once you join this group there’s no way out. You can't have a secure group if members are allowed to come and go as they please. I've noticed that people keep joining, leaving, and dying in that group. This is causing a lot of problems when it comes to the security because you don't really know who you can trust in that world. The Governor knows this that’s why he tried to kill Michonne. Group members should also have to prove themselves before joining for now on. The third and final reason is that Daryl helped clear the prison. He knows the ins and outs of that whole facility. That can be a problem for Rick if Daryl gets caught by the Governor. That would help the Governor be able to infiltrate that prison without being detected. That’s a huge security risk for the whole group. Again sometimes I wonder if Shane would have been a better leader.

2. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

Must be a lot of Daryl fans out there.

3. kmangel

kmangel Member

You would have gotten yourself killed in the process if you (as Rick) killed Daryl. The other members of the group wouldn't have stood for Rick killing a member of the group--whether that member chose to leave the group or not. He would have been seen as truly wacko had he attempted to kill Daryl.

4. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Killing Daryl would've been a dumb f*ck thing to do. Think it through.

5. UndeadMauldo

UndeadMauldo Member

Rick has his own set of problems already. Killing Daryl or Merle would have just added to them. He couldn't let Merle into their camp\prison, that was the right call. The only thing he could do was let Daryl go if he was determined to.

6. The_Not_So_Dead

Yeah, 'cause they probably would attack head on and not notice the big hole at the back of the prison. Or I dunno, stake out the prison first and see where all the activity is so they know where they are. :zombies_neutral:

No srly, I don't think it would make much of a difference. There are bars everywhere inside the prison; so the GUV needs to think how to break through them. He knows the group isn't that big. Divide and conquer. Perhaps, if he's smart, he'll pull an Andrew.

I dunno. Shane kinda lost it in the end; he was barely hanging on in S2; especially after he cut his hair, and decided he needed to be big, strong and ruthless. If he lost Lori, I think he would've Ricked-out even more.

BTW killing Daryl now would be a bad call. Better wait a while longer and then when you least expect it...

7. ForceReaper

ForceReaper Member

[video=youtube;5GgflscOmW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8[/video]

8. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

1.) Rick kills only when there is no alternatives left (Shane, Dave, Tony & Tomas). That's the difference between him and the sadistic Governor.

2.) Again, Rick is not in any way, shape, or form, like the Governor and has never even remotely hinted that people were not free to come and go as they please (See episode 214: Beside The Dying Fire's "Democracy" speech wherein Rick offers anyone who wishes to do so the opportunity to leave if they honestly believe they can survive better on their own). Only brutal dictators send "messages" to their populace (See all of history).

3.) Rick unequivocally trusts Daryl like a brother and knows he has nothing to fear should Daryl be captured and tortured for information. What's more, like Glenn, Daryl's safety would trump information with Rick. No question.

It's just an observation of mine, but I believe you may be missing a crucial point if you see no difference between Rick and the Governor; who you seem to want Rick to emulate, or at least the worst character trates of the Governor.

#8 Hawaiian Shirt Zombie, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  9. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

There's a big difference in leadership between the governor and shane vs. Rick. A strong leader is someone that’s willing to make the tough decisions that no one likes to make. Glenn saw Rick’s decision to let Merle go as weakness. He got upset with Rick and yelled at him and he had the right to. The guy and his son at the prison were about to make that decision while Rick was away. It’s survival of the fittest, either you kill or be killed.

#9 dogfighter, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  10. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Agree with this completely

11. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

@OP, I like your ideas but not for someone he is tight with. I could see if this was concerning a stranger or someone they haven't known long. They have both saved each others lives and have a tight bond. Rick knows the deal, Merle's a dick but is still Daryl's brother.

Darly knows this too, which is why he barely flinched when Rick knocked out Merle.

Darly knows Rick doesn't trust merle which is why he didn't bother trying to get him to let merle stay. Rick knows that Darly knows this so there are no hard feelings.

That's a wrap! The scene played out perfect.

12. Lauri

Lauri Member

Killing someone should only be done when absolutely necessary. It shouldn't be the easy way out of a problem.

13. apiratesaysarrr

Uh, no. And, what? And, no.

14. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

That would have been stupid as hell. There is a chance he could come back, possibly without Merle. And if you kill him? say goodbye to a good member of the group.

15. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Kill Daryl and risk having followers doubt his moral center is the silliest thing Rick can do.

16. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

That would've been the biggest mistake of his life.

17. lurkers&roamers

That might be the dumbest idea for the show I've ever heard. Rick kills Daryl, he is immediately killed by Glenn or Maggie, unless of course, he manages to kill them first. That takes three good members out of the group, two of whom they were out to rescue in the first place. In short, that is the absolute worst thing he could've done. The group would be done if Rick killed Daryl in that situation.

18. Dead man walking

I think this post wins the 'dumb award 2013', it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You might as well shoot yourself in the head if you shoot Daryl. 'Rick needs to show there is no way out once you've joined the group' - er, that's the Gov's philosophy, not any normal persons. Why wouldn't you be free to leave? It doesn't make sense to go it alone but if you really want to why would Rick stop you? Plus, Daryl has been the best survivor of the lot, better than Rick and you just know once he gets over this little 'moment' and sees Merle for what he really is - he'll be back to save the group yet again. He'll be back - no doubt about it. So shooting him - just plain bizarre.

In all reality, from these comments, if you were in a ZA, you'd be out of your depth, clearly, and struggle to last a week. In fact you'd probably be out of your deoth in a car park puddle.

19. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

This is weird, moments before Glen was freaking out about him even being there. Did I miss something?

20. Whateverworks

Whateverworks Member

The only thing you missed was the gigantic joint that held the OP company while writing this thread.