Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Red Zone?

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by F.A.S.H, Nov 19, 2012.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

"hey michonne this is my boomstick"

2. John Smith

John Smith Member

Probably a long-shot but I was thinking, what if the Red Zone is actually a safer area; maybe a larger town/city controlled by the military with lots of supplies and guards and whatnot. He wouldn't want his people finding it (and sapping him of all control) so he spins a story about it being hell on earth or something.

3. zombiekilla

zombiekilla Member

Can someone clarify what is a red zone?

4. yangxai

yangxai Member

i agree with posters here that think Merle was afraid Michonne. Merle might be evil but he ain't stupid. This the guy that taught Daryl everything he knows. He and his 3 companions were bested by a sword wielding Michonne when they had guns; 2 of his guy got killed and both he and the other dude came out of it pretty roughed up. He's know's better to continue on hunting for Michonne.

5. yangxai

yangxai Member

I think its a place where there is increased zombie horde presence. Probably the same horde's that kept Rick's group moving around in circles.

6. WalkingRed

WalkingRed New Member

I'm guessing the Red Zone is one of three things.

1.) A geographical area like a valley between two mountain, wheres its easy for walkers to wander into but not out of.

2.) An area between or consisting of two or more major cities/towns, where there was a large population of people.

3.) Possibly just a reference to anywhere within a certain distance away form Woodbury.

7. Mutant

Mutant New Member

I was under the impression that a Red Zone was a place that zombies were being predictably attracted to for a certain reason. When Merle shot Michonne, the sound of the gun shot started attracting zombies, so that place was a red zone. meaning it will predictably be swarmed with zombies any minute.

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought he just meant the open area. since it was filled with walkers normally.

9. Conch Republican

A newbie's thoughts

Hey all, first time poster here!

I found this site searching for info on the Walking Dead Red Zone.

Something I was thinking about was that the Red Zone could be a part of the Woodbury defense perimeter. The so-called "Olympic Archer" seemed to have a tough time taking down that one walker and for all the scenes we've seen near the wall, they haven't made like walkers are a common occurrence yet the prison is almost like a zoo with them hanging all along the gates.

So, what if The Governor sacrifices people along the way and feeds the walkers along a path a certain distance away from Woodbury proper. It provides a defense from outsiders while at the same time keeping a calmer feel around the town.

It would also help explain the swarm Rick and the "Extraction Team" ran into.

Thoughts?

10. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Welcome! Interesting thought. There is a map...hmmm. Check out the lines on the map. http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f138/miltons-map-5177.html

11. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Maybe you are on to something.What if the front gate is just for show? That girl archer couldn't hit anything, and maybe the people that are standing guard really don't know what they are doing. It's for show because The Governor is doing what you say or close to it. The gate is just to make the people of Woodbury feel safe, to keep them in.

The map may mean more than what we thought.

12. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I'm buying it. Between the map, the red zone comment, and Merle's uncharacteristic reluctance to follow Michonne (since when does he give up chase?) - your theory has possibilities. There has to be more than a ditz with the equivalent of a nerf gun keeping Woodbury safe.

13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

that is a good theory I never thought of. hmmm can't wait to see.

14. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

It seems funny that Rick and the prison are so close and the prison is covered in zombies, even the woods and yet Woodbury is untouched for the most part. That the girl archer sucks, that the guys gun is bent, etc. Maybe they are doing something to keep them away...

It is a good theory...

15. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

maybe merle's smell scares them away?

16. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

It does make sense doesn't it? It just makes no sense that there are so many zombies near the prison but not Woodbury.

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

That was my thoughts on the red.. A group of different reasons which made the area unsafe or a higher risk than other area's..

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's plausible..

The walls are keeping his townsfolk in for the Governator's ego rather than be just to keep the biters out.

The visual of the walkers around the woodbury perimeter also serves to keep the residents in fear & following the Gov..

Quite possibly feeding the 'threats' they've taken out to the walkers in the red zone..

19. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Yeah the more I think about this the more it seems to make sense, just surprised nobody really caught onto this possibility. The Governor could just be instilling fear in the people so they feel that he is protecting them, therefore listen.

What if they fed the National Guard people to the zombies...

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The more i think about the national guard men, the more i think they were fed to the walkers in the red zone...

This would make the Governor pure evil psychopath..