Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Reg Monroe. Professor of Archicture?

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by DeadReckoning, Mar 2, 2015.

1. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

The one (and only thing) that bothered me this episode. Deanna stated that her husband Reg, the "professor" of Architecture, was the guy who was responsible for the construction of the wall.

Well, I'm not a professor in architecture, or even an architect. But if I were to build a Safe Zone, I would definately put my support beams on the inside of the walls. The way they are constructed now, serve little to no effect to enhance the strength of the wall.

You would think, a guy who teaches architects for a living, should know this...

2. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Yeah,I noticed that was kind of ass backwards as well. The supports should be on the interior; to help support the walls against the inward-directed pressure caused by walkers piling up on the wall.

But, a neat little detail is the role reversal here. Deanna Monroe(Douglas Monroe) and Reg Monroe(Regina Monroe). Also, by saying it was her husband who built the wall; and now is dead-that makes him an awful lot like Davidson.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Is Reg alive or dead? Deanna spoke of him in both past and present tense...

4. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

yea im not sure either. at first, the way she talked about her husband and her son made it sound like they were both gone, but then we see her son. also, interesting that Jessie never mentions her husband at all when she talks about her family and her sons.

i do agree with the construction of the walls though - i dont really know anything about fortifying a structure, but that just looks wrong to me.

5. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

honestly, this might have to do with reality, i.e., this is a real neighborhood that they film in and the real residents might not want the support beams on their side of the wall in their actual backyards

sometimes it really is that simple

6. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

So wait,
    ... Oh snaps, politics before family?

7. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I also thought maybe the beams are on the other side for space and cosmetic reasons. Stupid space and cosmetic reasons but...

But wait, picture the professor designing this. The supports are attached to a section of wall buried just under ground (for cosmetic reasons) When enough walkers push against the fence to bring it down the supports pull up another section of wall behind them. A manageable amount of walkers are brought in to thin the herd and the supports are now on the right side to strengthen against the rest outside. Stupid idea? Yeah it's not mine it's Prof Monroe's.

8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Actually, it's structural engineers who are trained in things like force and strength. Architects are more worried about how structures look and such. Reg obviously thought that having the support beams inside the ways would have been unsightly.

#8 westwingnut, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  9. Sildee

Sildee Member

This place is obviously like Terminus and the support beams are on the outside to prevent people from breaking out. Duh.

10. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

That's kind of a stretch, they would allow a filming crew to work ...
    Of all things constucted on the ASZ-set those support beams are easy to remove after filming.

I'm not saying you're wrong about it having to do with real world complications, Just the reason you're giving isn't viable in my opinion.

11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Yeah. Right. Those walls aren't too secure if a teenage girl can get over them as easily as the one last night. They're not guarded or anything. Has nothing to do with preventing breakouts. DUH!!!!!

12. Sildee

Sildee Member

I was going to put a spoiler tag saying "sarcasm" but removed it in the end. I guess I made the wrong decision.

13. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

The beams were on the inside

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think Reg is actually still alive. She said 'my husband Reg IS a professor of architecture'. The reason she later referred to him in the past tense, saying "who he WAS, mattered", because earlier Rick stated that who we WERE before the ZA doesn't matter anymore.

15. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Having worked with architects my entire professional life, that actually really sounds like the reasoning of an architect :)

16. Neuropyramidal

They're on the outside.

17. Neuropyramidal

The real question is, how does that girl get back in? The outside of the walls are smooth. Dolphin smooth.

18. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

She walks up the support beams.

19. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Yeah. Right. Those walls aren't too secure if a teenage girl can get over them as easily as the one last night. They're not guarded or anything. Has nothing to do with preventing breakouts. DUH!!!!!

20. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

She's Spider- Man. Which is an anagram for Enid P. Mars. We'll learn her full name in S07E13