Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Reg Monroe. Professor of Archicture?

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by DeadReckoning, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If you go to the interactive ASZ tour it appears that the wall goes directly into the dirt.
    And no L shaped concrete slabs were observed during wall construction.

2. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Mythbusters had an ep in 2013 where they mentioned using fences like these, instead of the chain-links at the prison. Can't remember them actually making one, though.

3. JMac

JMac Member

Hmm. Yeah back a few pages I mentioned the L Shape Barriers not being seen- so possi they were part of the foundation. I just assumed and said that cause of that pic I saw a cpl weeks ago. I can't remember what thread it was in, and can't find it for the life of me. I thot it was in the 15' wall one- but its not. Also, it was posted in response to what Aaron said in the past ep when he meets Rick before getting knocked out. He does mention "concrete," in what context I am not sure but I believe this pic of the barriers was in direct response to that. It also cld of been an assumption on the users behalf- but i do remember seeing it. Also, Aaron does mention the use of concrete- but from what I viewed I didn't see it.

4. JMac

JMac Member

And you're right, why they were brot there is a mystery. I was under the assumption maybe they ran into trouble of some sorts on the road nearby to ASZ- and were kinda just abandoned there. Then the Military bolted. They are just like any other community tho, you cld raise the same question w/woodbury? Why did they choose that block of street, there, and so on.. I think all these groups kinda split up after shit hit the fan, the camps broke up cause of lack of safety, or infection breakout, etc. Then the military just left post as well, cause honestly; the military has become a job of sorts. I cld easily see the military falling, and quickly.

Which brings up a good point someone said earlier in the thread about this idea of coordinated "safe zones" prior to the disaster. I wonder where all those people were evacuated? Or if they successfully evacuated to create a boundary of sorts to limit the outbreak, go in and destroy anything that's walking, and safely (instead of what we saw in Atlanta). To create a sad area for people to return with limited threat after a period of time. Does that make sense?? Some mentioned it, so I was just expanding on it. My question is also; why all the burnt out houses in the area? And why is just localized to this area? Think its from the bombings from sup posed military or a group?

5. JMac

JMac Member

Found that pic and post bout the barriers; I'm not tech inclined but if you go bad to "the distance" thread its on the first page almost all the way down in the 15' wall thread. After reading back thru that thread in the manner the post was worded, I am assuming it wasn't verified but speculation. So apologies for repeating it and starting rumors- but Aaron does mention concrete...

6. Neuropyramidal

Where does he mention concrete. If he mentions it later, I missed it, but he doesn't mention concrete in his description of the walls while he's in the barn. He just says that it has 15 foot tall, 12 foot wide panels, reinforced with solid steel beams and square metal tubing.

7. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

#67 surviving, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  8. Neuropyramidal

Quite possibly. Only part of it built correctly, or maybe none at all. I'm guessing our

9. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

So when Deanna arrived was this community vacant? She mentioned the houses were starting at 800,000 a pop. So I assume it was new and maybe still empty? but was it finished? If people were already living there are they still living there?

If everyone there was diverted with Deanna, who are they? Are they also prominent people? I cant imagine the military just shuffling off your average Joe citizen to a place like this. Deanna I can see, because you was a politician and probably most politicians were looked after better than the rest of societies peons.

10. JMac

JMac Member

I believe she mentions most of em were sold, and she goes on to say "there were supplies.." So I am assuming there were people leaving there but during the evacuation most all the people were moved- but that's why you see fully furnished homes. But that's just my guess.
    Who else is there? I don't know, and don't know how they ended up there.

11. Neuropyramidal

Most of the people there are just random survivors who showed up. Deanna stated that it was just her husband and her sons who got the first panels up, and more people arrived later.

12. surviving

We have 6 solar arrays. Each array consists of 20 panels. Assuming each panel is 300 watts , 8.8 amps and 36 volts, we have 36000 watt, a little over a 1000 amps, and a little over 4000 volts. Batteries dont take up much space. You can stack them on shelves to create walls of batteries. I would say the ASZ has enough electricity to met their needs. Deanna said it was a green community. So to me that means super efficient homes taking advantage of what the environment has to offer such passive heating and cooling, solar hot water heaters, maybe even geo thermal heating and cooling. There are a lot of ways to reduce electrical independence. Being that this is a planned green community I would guess it would have this and more.

13. surviving

[MENTION=74291]Contaminated[/MENTION]
    Google Greenbrier Resort bunker to find out where politicians and high level government personnel and military brass go in the event of an apocalypse. I sure it more of tbese facilities out there somewhere.

14. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Excellent point. But like you said yourself, the braces have to be attached to the supports correctly. This may be the case, but we could also have some wall tearing off the braces if they didn't do it correctly.

It seems as if they are trying to show that these people are under prepared for attacks with this last episode, and entirely too comfortable in their false utopia, so we may see that the walls weren't built all too well...

15. surviving

I was defending Reg's rationale for placing the braces on the outside.

16. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

True enough!