Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Remove the makeshift bow

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Roonix, Feb 6, 2015.

1. WynonaStealth

WynonaStealth New Member

I would quit if they removed the makeshift bow. I haven't found twine in days and I love bows and I can't wait for the Xbow and hell even more bows, a compound bow? And maybe metal and stone arrows HELL YA! Don't remove the bow that's the only reason I haven't quit yet with loot being ****ed up all but a day or 2 here n there since launch

2. Danny H1Z1

Danny H1Z1 Member

Deffinitly not bro, i NEED that bow or else wolves, zombies and bears are gonna keep ****ing me up when i spawn!

3. PestX

PestX Member

Remove this pathetic weapon, or at the very least make it's recipe not so "30 second spawn" simple. Even fresh spawns are causing war zones with this stupid weapon. Increase the spawn rate of twine by double if they want bows.

This game should not be so focused on the hunter/gatherer aspect with crafting, and more about looting and raiding. If new spawns want to kill each other, they can find a stick or simply run into a home and find a machete. Seriously though, you DO NOT need this weapon to protect against zombies or wolves. The "Q" key is more than enough.

4. PestX

PestX Member

Like in my last post, the "Q" key is your best friend against these creatures, and even with a 1911, a bear will still **** you up.

5. FieldMarshall8

i say keep the makeshift bow. its not that good for one thing and its not so easy to find twine for a wooden bow.

6. stevo74

stevo74 Banned

I think the makeshift bow is a little too easy to make. I don't see the need for it against zombies, they are easy to take down. However, PVP is a bit of a joke with guns and gangs ganking new spawns. Until there is a better way to protect against that then people need something they can use to defend themselves, otherwise this game will instantly fail as a gank fest.

Personally, I think a bigger problems for new spawns is how fast they dehydrate etc... there is too much desperation trying to scavenge the basics right off the bat to be concerned about dodgy spotty basement dwellers who like to gank easy targets. Slow that down a little and players will have a better chance of avoiding wannabe bad asses.

7. Ultima

Ultima Member

Sorry, I would have to disagree. I enjoy the ability to build a bow on the fly.

8. lskyus

lskyus Experienced Ranger

The makeshift bow is handy to have, but I discard it once I have a machete or shotgun or using a proper bow...

Most people discard it once they have a proper weapon, its a good way to learn the game as a starter weapon.

Also sometimes you can respawn next to a zombie and not having any weapon to start could make it short for you (even with q button)...

Respawned next a to a bear..hmm wheres my makeshift bow..okay I do not have it, good luck.

Just got to town, 2 zombies and bear..no weapon..okay..good luck...

#48 lskyus, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
  9. shugoh

shugoh Member

If you havent realized it yet, you can use shift to sprint. You can outrun any enemy in this game so far. If you expect this game to be easy, and thats why you want the bow; then go play COD. This is a survival game, not a shooter, it is supposed to be HARD to survive. The MAKESHIFT bow is a stupid item that ruins the gameplay right now, so remove it.

OOT: I was reading another thread too about which weapons people want in the game.. It is ****ing retarded how many people asking for UZIs and such, for christ sake. This is NOT supposed to be a mindless shooter game where "you can clean buildings easy by spraying with the uzi to kill everyone in there", would you do that in real life too? ****ing get some perspective, this is supposed to be a survival game, NOT ****ing CS.

Im so ****ing tired of the RETARDATION of the gaming community nowadays, people dont appreciate a good game anymore, they just want to kill eachother and spit at their corpse. ****.

10. DMiser

DMiser New Member

Yeah, that's a dumb idea. It's your base means of survival at the start. Take that away and anyone geared will just beat the Christ out of newspawns without repercussion.

11. ASMS_Leader

ASMS_Leader Member

Lol think people forget how hard the game was before you learned that makeshift bow recipe. I spent the first day not even realizing the whole making a bow right away because i didn't realize i could shred my shirt (yup, day 1 release, no wiki, noob moment ) and i was getting DUMPED by zombies and they're on easy. I want the game to increase the number, ferocity, and level of aggression of the zeds which they couldn't do w/o the makeshift being able to be crafted early i feel. It would just make the game less enjoyable for those wanting less survival more of other areas that way. Again, just my input.

12. shugoh

shugoh Member

So what will they beat you for? Waste their hard to find and beloved(should be) ammo to steal your beloved cloth? Think a little before you speak. If they actually needed the ammo for something else, i.e zombie hoards, they wouldnt waste it on new spawns.

And at the same time they remove the makeshift bow(not the regular one), they should improve the melee weapons, and add new ones such as "kitchen knife" and stuff.

13. DMiser

DMiser New Member

Yeah, they're gonna use a firearm, that's what I said.

14. lskyus

lskyus Experienced Ranger

Everyone has different playstyles...

I did actually say, I discard it once I have a better weapon, but it's still a good starter weapon. I prefer to fight, why run away?

However I do not like to see people wandering around with machine guns, there simply wouldn't be any ammo...

Additionally since the update on the 25th there are far more zombies already yet twine is still a rare drop compared to sniper rifles and ar15s.

A distance weapon is always handy as a backup either way...

#54 lskyus, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
  15. NastyNative

NastyNative Member

You want me to cry?

I need my bow I'm nothing with out it.