Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rendezvous Point

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by Landmass, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Scalper

Scalper Member

Well for continuity sake it should count... maybe they'll surprise us with next episode, maybe all our questions will be answered about the rendezvous point. We will all go like ahhh, off-course, that is why, they just forgot/lost the map. Duh... no wonder they got lost and all split up and Daryl turned into zombie chow.

2. yangxai

yangxai Member

Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong but are you saying that their emergency rendezvous point in case the prison fell was the administration building that is inside the prison? If that is true that is some horrible planning. Thats like telling your family that if there is a fire we should all meet in the kitchen and not across the street away from the burning house.

3. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

This is the exact reason why the show works best when they are on the road.. When they are on the road they just go whatever direction the road takes them and deal with whatever they encounter right there at that time....staying alive in that moment.
    The writers have proven that when it comes to planning things out for the group they make very unrealistic choices time and time again...

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

No it was behind the building. As in outside of the prison.

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Honestly people overestimate themselves a lot. If we ever have something like this I guarantee we will all (or at least the large majority) bumble far worse than these people.

6. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I agree with you that in the heat of battle people will do a lot of crazy things that they would not do under normal circumstances.
    When unexpectedly attacked people will make crazy spur of the moment decisions....for sure.

The whole point is they should have had a basic plan... Where to meet up if the prison is overrun for whatever reason....the Gov, Walkers, another hostile group...whatever. It seems like a pretty basic concept, especially when they have a council for planning things out...

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think that's the whole point the show is setting up for us: that they were becoming too comfortable. Not only did they not have a plan, but they didn't even really know each other. Even though there was only about 45 of them at the beginning of s4, Rick and Co. didn't even seem to know Karen and David very well, and had to ask if they had any 'enemies'. They are setting themselves up as being too complacent so that they can become more hardened in future episodes.

8. yangxai

yangxai Member

but if you look at the pictures, the back of building is still part of the prison. And even if your right that it is outside of the building, that still doesn't really make sense to have a rendezvous point there. If the prison fell either due to zombies or other survivors why have everyone meet less 100 yards away from danger zone. Should really be at least a mile or 2 away, close enough so people can reach it but far enough away from action.

It seems like they've been like that for four seasons now. I can understand how they could be like that at their campground and even on the farm but after what happened at end of season two they really should know better by now.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, you could argue that both ways. Things that they have considered to keep themselves safe are things you and I may not have considered and vise versa. But either way, its probably a deliberate plot point to set up future evolution anyway.

10. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

This reminds me of when the movie Broken Arrow came out and this guy (I don't recall who it was but when this reviewer or talk show host or whatever) when he found out the movie was called Broken Arrow (because that's the codename for the military's plans for a dealing with a nuclear weapon being stolen) was very concerned that the military had a codename for a nuclear weapon being stolen. I on the other hand would be very nervous if I found out the military didn't have plans to deal with that situation.

Not only should they have a plan on where to meet up if they lose the prison and get separated, they should have a backup place in case there is a problem with the first place. I don't know for certain that they don't have a plan*, we should find out on Sunday, but it's not going to surprise me if they don't.

The group continues to do really stupid things and I blame the choice to have slow walkers for it and here's why. Slow walkers just aren't a large enough threat, how can something you can out stroll be a serious threat? Some basic planning and simple strategy is all that's needed -- simple things like knocking before you enter an unsecured room. So because the show has slow walkers the characters have to continuously do very stupid things in order for the walkers to represent a credible threat.

Even medium speed walkers, medium speed walkers who have just enough cognitive ability to open a door or pick up a rock to break a window would constitute enough of a threat that the characters could be shown being smart and being strategic.

*After isn't evidence for or against a planned rendezvous point, Rick and Carl weren't worried about a rendezvous point because they were just looking for a place for Rick to pass out and Michonne didn't want to meet up with the group.

11. Darylette

Darylette Member

There's no excuse for not having a rendezvous, back up rendezvous and way to leave messages at message points. It's not rocket science.

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

You do bring up a good point.. Slow moving, very dim witted zombies aren't a very big threat at this point...unless they are hit with a mega herd..
    It might be a good idea to dial up the walkers a little bit....it would create more of a threat.

13. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

Even in a "normal" (non ZA) emergency situation like a real fire, 1/2 the people totally blank out everything they learned during the fire drills and most can't even remember the designated gathering place lol

14. Darylette

Darylette Member

yeah, that's an excellent point. People just freak out and end up miles away from the rendezvous.

15. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Actually Broken Arrow refers to an accident involving nuclear weapons, such as a bomber crashing that was carrying nukes. Empty Quiver is the U.S. code word for the theft of a nuclear weapon.

#35 Kilroy was here, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  16. Shumpert

Shumpert Member

spoken like a true Darylette

17. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Each member of the group had different idea about the location for the Rendezvous point. Each idea conflicted with their own and thus the group couldn't decide on one.

18. Damrod

Damrod Member

No plan survives the initial contact. They are all separated and trying to survive on there own and going in different directions.

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yeah but eventually the freak out ends and you sit down and think about what to do. Unless you're already dead.

The thing with not having a plan beyond having the bus is that they all knew the Governor wasn't dead. And yet the only one still looking for this dangerous maniac was Michonne, and everyone gave her crap about it. But even without that, the walkers had almost brought down the fences a number of times in previous days, the people who went on the med run knew there was a herd of thousands on its way, but no one thought about making a plan for bugging out and meeting up?

20. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

This was the fault of the council, they couldn't agree on one so it was never decided.