Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Renewed for Season 11 & Maggie RETURNING!

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Basset Walker, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

Gimple & Kang announced the renewal today. And Maggie will be a regular on Season 11. Yeah! Hope the "good" Maggie returns.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Lauren made AMC look bad (not that they needed any help with that) during her failed contract negotiations, so I don't expect her character Maggie to be written in a positive light.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised to hear this news so soon. I was pretty sure there would be a season 11, but with all the negotiation drama I figured we wouldn't hear the news until December or January again. I suppose this is a good sign that things are running smoothly behind the scenes right now. Of course with Daryl and Carol already signed on through spring 2022 there wasn't as much to negotiate.

5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

With Danai choosing to leave it makes it easier for them to pay Lauren the money she is probably seeking.

Since AMC isn't any good with ratings outside of shows that have Walking Dead on the title who knows if they will do this but it probably would be wise for season 12 to be the final season. Chances are slim that they could get both Norman and Melissa to sign on again after their current contracts are up and by that point even the ones that portray characters like Aaron will have been on the show for over half a decade and will likely be wanting to move on as well.