Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Report Posts

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Jakobi, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Hi guys,

We have so many threads that start on topic, but then conversations occur throughout the thread. If possible, try to stay on topic as much as possible.

I have updated the Report Post text to include reporting if a post goes off topic. Reporting posts is not a bad thing, it is a tool used by members to let us know about things since we cannot read every post.

New Text
    Report: Spam, Advertising, Harassment, Fighting, Rude Posts. Thread Goes Off Topic. Breaking Forum Rules. This report will be sent to all moderators where we can address the issue.

Going off topic can be frustrating to some and we have Off Topic areas for this. Since the only new thing here is going Off Topic, then any reported posts for that will, or should be deleted, if found to be ruining the thread.

Thanks guys!

2. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

[MENTION=1]Jakobi[/MENTION] Please, PLEASE tell me you don't think it's necessary to give infractions and/or bans if a thread goes off-topic. It does happen a lot, but people really don't mean to.

3. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

lol no! It is not against the rules! We have to try to maintain some order though lol.

It can be frustrating sometimes when people start real threads about a topic, and then it turns into 4 pages of people talking back and forth. If it bugs people that start the thread, then they can report it and it should be fixed for that member.

Some people want to have good conversations about things and we are just trying to reign it in. It's a good thing!

4. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Get ready for a wave of a reports Jak, been a while since I've seen a thread that didn't go off topic haha

5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I seriously don't see why this issue is a problem or even being discussed. How many real life conversations can you think of where everything stays on topic? I'm betting the answer to my question is either "few" or "none".

I started a thread called "Change your Avatar Lately" and at least 6 people went in there and decided to talk about whatever the heck they wanted to talk about. Not only was it off-topic, but they basically derailed my thread. Did I get all butt hurt about it? No. I let them have their fun. If myself or someone else decides to steer the ship back on course, then even better.

I understand the frustration that some people experience when people aren't keeping a discussion on track, but sometimes a discussion needs to veer off course, because that allows that thread to stay active, hence it allows the discussion to continue.