Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Reputation Enabled!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Jakobi, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Testing this out as I have always had it disabled. This is your reputation, your standing around the forum. There are many things that affect reputation including:

Post count, likes, dislikes, how long you have been a member and more.

All full users have a certain reputation power. This depends on the number of posts they have, the reputation they have received themselves and how long they have been a member etc. When you approve of a post, you increase the poster's reputation by the number of reputation points you have. If you disagree with their post, their reputation points will decrease by the number of reputation points you have.

If you are not yet a full user (i.e. you do not have 50 posts) you do not have any reputation power. While you can still comment on posts, your comments will not be publicly available and you will not alter the poster's reputation points. The comments you make will only be visible to the poster in their user control panel.

Every time you agree or disagree with a post, your comment will appear in their user control panel. Each comment will either have a green icon (to show that the user agreed with your post), a red icon (to show that the user disagreed with your post) or a grey icon (where the user has no reputation power so is not a full member).

Everyone starts with 10 points and one green icon associated with their profile. As they gain (or lose) points, their total increases or decreases and the number of green icons next to their profile changes. The more green icons there are, the more the user is respected in the forum.

You can find out your current reputation level from your Control Panel. If you scroll to the bottom, you will see a "Latest Reputation Received" section, where you can find out your current reputation level and view the most recent comments posted about you.

Please let me know questions!

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

A few words about Reputation and Reputation Power.

Reputation is just like it sounds, it is the amount of reputation points you have accumulated over time here at Walking Dead Forums. Your reputation points are indicated by the green blocks under your username in your posts, you get a green block for every 100 reputation points. if your reputation score shows red blocks under your username then you have been hit by others so many times that your reputation score is actually a negative number.

Your Rep Power is the amount of reputation-altering power you have when you approve or disapprove someones post on the site. Your Rep Power is affected by the factors indicated below.

Register Date Factor:

For every 180 days since your initial registration you gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Post Count Factor:
    For every 100 posts you gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Reputation Point Factor:
    For every 100 points of reputation you gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Minimum Post Count:
    You must have 50 posts before your reputation hits count for or against others.

Post Likes and Thanks:
    1 point of reputation-altering power.

Post Dislikes:
    -2 points
    of reputation-altering power.

For more info you can look in the FAQ's under Reputation

3. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Okay, but what do I have to roll to hit an armor class of 0?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Reputation, is not reputation power.

Reputation power is the ability to alter anothers reputation.

Reputation is points you receive for being a good and or bad user from other members.

5. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

So like... would I have the max rep power or whatever?

6. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Cool, cool. Will be a good way to quickly tell whose opinion is worth a damn.

Will we eventually get the thank and like option in tapatalk, or is it incompatible?

7. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

We have rep system at the other place I post at, you think the alerts are bad now just wait until people start alerting because they got a Neg rep. No I'm not even kidding either.

8. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

There is no max...but as a number you are at level 29. That means when you add or subtract from a user using the "star" you have more power than people that are at a smaller level. You would add or subtract 29 points from them.

I may set it up where people who are at a certain negative get banned automatically.

9. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

It doesn't work as of now. The good with the bad.

• Like Like x 1
  10. apiratesaysarrr

I don't really know about the whole thing. I thought that "thanks" and "likes" were the same thing? No? And then the star to add to someone's reputation? Well, does that work more quickly than simply liking or thanking then?

This dislike thing, I feel, really shouldn't be something that gets a user banned, right? I mean, assholes all over might dislike people's shit left and right just if they have it out for that person. Doesn't the report function work for that?

Sorry, I just strolled in for the evening and got very confused. eh.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Where do we see what our rep number is?

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Funny, I'm a part of another forum where the rep system was disabled just today lol.

I like rep, cool to have it.

13. money

money Well-Known Member

I don't know. Wondering that too.

14. PepperAnn

I think I found it but mine shows 117. That can't be right...

15. money

money Well-Known Member

Where was it?

16. Shane#22

Yeah its right, you find in in the settings tab at the top of the page next to profile.

17. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Thats right.. [MENTION=3182]Skaeryll[/MENTION] yours is actually 129.

18. PepperAnn

click on settings and scroll to the bottom ....

19. Shane#22

Jakobi, when a neg rep is given doesnt it only take half of the points as a pos rep does?

Example: I have 100 points, I neg you but it takes only 50 and not 100. We use it that way to prevent neg trollers from having to much power.

20. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Someone have a screen shot of this? Prolly cause I am an admin...I don't see this. I am curious.