Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Review of Episode 8 Bloodletting

Discussion in 'Episode 202 - Bloodletting' started by ColdDiamonds, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ColdDiamonds

ColdDiamonds New Member

First of all wow, this episode was great just like the others, there are tons of struggles going on here, and they ALL must be solved before the group can move on to fort benedict

1. T-Dog's blood is infected from his wound in the season premiere
    2. Carl's been shot and Otis and Shane have been trapped, the only thing standing between them and the zombies, is a steel retractable door. (Juding from the preview of the next episode, they make it out.)
    3. The group's been split up and some want to go to Hershels farm and the others want to stay and set signs to lead Sophia to the farm.
    4. Rick is low on blood after giving alot to Carl.

Carl could die, Shane could die, Otis could die, hell, they all could die. ( Don't spoil this I havent read the comics.)

Overall it was pretty freaking sweet.
    What do you guys think? reply below.

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, it was a great episode. I enjoyed it more than the season premiere. Rick and Shane's friendship was reinforced even more here. Shane really stepped up to the plate when he was needed.

The Carl scenes were really gut-wrenching. Very emotional stuff.

Great to finally see Hershel's farm, as well. Of course there's much more to discover on that farm. teehee

3. Voski

Voski Member

I liked how Dale is all for the group and in helping T-Dog. I totally understand them not wanting to go to Hershel's farm. Sophia is missing and Carl gets shot so lets pack up and forget Sophia?

4. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I absolutely loved the juxtaposition between the Lori comforting Carl when Rick was shot scene and the scene were Rick comforts Lori when she learns Carl was shot. Shane is turning out to be a spectacularly complicated character and I am definitely getting very emotionally invested in him…WOW!! I was also shocked that Sofia is not at the farm, like others on these boards, I thought for sure she'd already be there. Overall, it was a spectacularly dramatic episode.

I do really miss the quirky songs included at the end of each episode in season. I really got used to those!

5. inkerchris

inkerchris Member

I agree, this was a great episode. I wish I hadn't fell asleep before the talk with Kirkman after the show. Anyone know if it was any good or if Kirkman told anything cool?

I think Carl, the boy that plays him, is probably the best kid actor I have seen based on his acting when they were taking out the bullet. That was painful to watch, it was so realistic it, as a parent, broke my heart. They cast this show very well in accordance with the attitudes and personalities in the comics, pretty impressive really.

6. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I was feeling the same way. They totally moved on from trying to find some lost little girl, to making sure T-Dog was safe. I mean the group is staying to make a sign for her, but after that they heading to the farm.

7. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

The episode was awesome. This show with each week seems to keep getting better and better.Watching Rick a reluctant hero start to unravel and start to see chinks in the armor was just extremely difficult to watch. He seriously needs to have a breakdown because he just continues to be this stoic man not allowing himself to let go of all that is inside of him. I was glad to see Shane step up and support and be there for his friend considering the last episode he seemed a little disgusted with Rick showing some human emotion. And Lori supporting and being there for him instead of going after him for Carl getting shot. Such a difficult and hard scene with Carl. Thank God for Daryl with a little bit of lightness during such an intense episode. I admit I watched it all 3 times yesterday and after every time I ended up feeling the same way whipped and in Shane's words spent.

8. AVC

AVC Member

I thought it a very good episode. LOL @ Zorro on a horse, that was some pretty cool shit.

I guess once your all caught up in a zombie apocalypse, someone like that saving your bacon is just another normal thing.

9. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

It was an okay episode but to be honest, it was worse then most of the season.

10. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Re-watched the episode. It's really great. A lot of things happened. I have to admit that Chandler Riggs (Carl) is a great actor. His scenes were really emotional and it looked realistic.