Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

revolving door scene

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by gavuk, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

This wasn't in the comic.

2. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Actually, this involves a bit of suspension of disbelief. Most revolving doors are designed to turn only one direction, typically counter-clockwise as in this case. There is a brake/gear that prevents them from going backwards, i.e. the other way, to keep people from getting squashed bounce-back or reversal. I know, because I one time became stuck in one for a time when a coat sleeve jammed the door behind me. It couldn't go forward and refused to go backwards. Had to wait until someone came and cut the coat-sleeve.

As such, Glenn and Noah should have both escaped, while Nicholas would have been spun back in to the waiting walkers.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd be very reluctant to try shooting it for that reason. If it won't shatter by force, using a gun in extremely close range wouldn't be my choice.

That's not to say that it COULDN'T work, I just wouldn't be willing to do it.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Thank you. That was my problem with it, I was watching that and thinking, "that guy is screwed if they can't shoot the glass" and then... he pushes the door backwards and pushes his way out? Nah.

5. Steppin' Razor

Hahahaha, this so sounds like something that'd happen to me...

6. Kimiko

Kimiko Member

Am I the only one that thought that it was a bit BS that Nick could push aside Glenn and Noah's combined weight in order to squeeze out the door? I know that he probably had the help of the walkers pushing against his side but so did Glenn and Noah.

I actually thought for a second that after Nick made it quite clear that he didn't give a damn about Glenn and Noah, they would use their combined weight and strength to push their side to the exit.

7. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Wouldn't have mattered. There were walkers both inside and outside that were a threat until Eugene saved the day.

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

My biggest concern is, why the **** did they not bring sticks (spears, pitchforks) or anything like it along with them? Sometimes they handle 50 walkers with ease, 4 people. But other times they cannot handle 4-10 at a time?

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Why not take the coat off?

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

RoadWarrior loved the revolving door scene. That makes it the one of the best scenes ever. It's right up there with the horse's head scene from The Godfather.

And really, that scene coulda used a few zombies chowing down on the horse. There's always room for improvement.

11. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

nu, uh... they had to make that door special for the scene... That building didnt even have a revolving door. So it was a special door... They forgot to put the brake in... and look what happens... Now Noah is dead.

Seriously tho, it would be really really awesome if the writers did do something smart with the characters and make them do things like bring extra ammo and food, and knives so they could do things like open the doors a little weeny bit so they could get the walkers one by one. Then do something surprising for real, first of all by allowing the characters to do something smart ... for once, ...please... and second by letting something really really unexpected and cool to happen to get them into some drama.

Here's what Id like to see: They have special suits for when they go out, like the one Glenn wore after the prison was lost, riot gear, that was it (where did that even go?). Or the duct tape one... They also really need to start carrying all the weapons... seriously, and all the ammo. Id like to see our guys get smart and do this stuff and see the writers come up with clever-er ways of getting people into perilous situations...

Saying that, I let it slide, because Im kind of obsessed with twd... I might forgive them almost anything... We'll see come the finale.

#31 WhatThe..., Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  12. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

You mean you never learned in driving school how to have a van do a backflip as it drops off a bridge????? I thought everyone knew that one. <Kidding>

Believability is even more important when you are dealing with a storyline that has unrealistic fantasy elements. The shows, books, etc., that are the best are the ones that take one fantasy element (in this case zombies) and put that one element into a world environment that is otherwise true to life. Sure the show has had their moments that broke the realism rule; they are few and far between.