Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rewatch: Season 2 Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Season 2' started by WillyJakkz, Apr 4, 2019.

1. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Often hailed as the worst Season of the series, after my rewatch I actually gave it more props than I initially did.

I felt this Season evoked the most emotion from myself character-wise namely due to the Sophie barn reveal...(man that gets me everytime I see it, so so sad). Dale, who had been the moral compass all along really got on my nerves with his complaining etc (really crossed the line imho when he took the duffel bag of guns to bury them) so when his time came to an end I wasn't as invested in him as I felt he instigated some of the things that occurred rather than resolve the situations that he ALWAYS had something to say about.

Shane was spectacular all the way up until his demise and Lori was still the manipulative you know what I remembered her to be. Loved the new characters added this Season in the Greene family. The second half of the Season was all about establishing Rick as the Alpha as well as Carl becoming more aware of the world now around him.

The zombies weren't as nimble etc as prior (due to a new showrunner) so that was actually refreshing. The devolving has begun.

Verdict: Yes it had its slow points but I don't feel it brought the overall story to a grinding halt and yeah I realize this is binge watching vs week to week but the overall story was decent.

Standout Ep: Better Angels... As much as I wanna say Pretty Much Dead Already, Better Angels is the ep where Jenner from the CDC words come to fruition and it is established that no matter how one dies, they all come back as a walker....oh and this is also the ep Rick kills Shane so uh yeah that part.

#1 WillyJakkz, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Season 2 has always been one of my faves. Watching Shane’s descent into madness was fascinating.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Yeah that was amazing to watch. I felt for him because he was in a peculiar position of being the father of a child with a woman who can't love him back and who vilifies him yet he is in love with her.

I agreed with alot of what Shane felt in his gut yet like Andrea said, it was his delivery. They tolerated it at the camp but once Rick showed up they saw a different and better leader.

Classic case of a hard nosed person trying to do the right thing but is misunderstood due to his aggressive personality.

Hell to be honest he told Otis to leave him when they went to the school because he was tired and injured and knew the 2 of them wouldn't make it back to deliver Carl's meds so Carl could survive.

Otis said nah I got you bruh, Shane said nah, they got YOU bruh and popped him in his leg... He was the best meal those walkers had in months probably lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

i totally understood what Shane was going thru. But the slow descent into Crazyville made his decision making really o_O Lol

God I loved his performance at the barn. It was the only way to get Hershel to SEE.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1