Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rewatch: Season 3 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Episode 316 - Welcome to the Tombs' started by WillyJakkz, Apr 4, 2019.

1. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I absolutely loved this Season as the rewatch truly re-established that.

This Season established Rick as the Ruler who has now decided you have to do whatever, and I mean WHATEVER it takes to protect your loved ones. No more "we don't kill the living" because hey... "It's not a democracy"!

Loved the prison "seige" as they clear out walkers AND former inmates, and they establish themselves as a unit or more importantly, a family.

The most awesome thing about this Season is the introduction of the Governor as the main (and first) true villain of the series. He has his own thriving community, laws, and soldiers. They were very organized and through all of his madness he was very methodical.

Now the bad, I really hated Andrea this Season, loved the establishing of Michonne (who was teased at S2 end), and loved the return of Merle and his love for his brother Daryl as they both were lost souls.

Hated losing T-Dog this Season, "Farmer/ Hallucinating Rick", glad Lori was offed but hated yet loved Carl killing her as it made him grow.

This Season also introduced Sasha and Tyreese to the cast which gave the show a huge boost. Herschel lost his leg and Maggie and Glenn turned into a great love story right before our eyes.

Verdict: I could go on and on about this Season as it was the premiere Season to establish this show as a force.

Standout Ep: Clear, what other episode could it be? This ep brought Michonne closer to Carl who was in dire need of a female's attentiveness after his mother's death. She grew closer to Rick as well but the main theme of this ep was the return of Morgan, how the zombie apocalypse affected him, how he lost his family, and also his loyalty to his new friend Rick as he stated he "waited for Rick to call" on the radio. You can see how hurt Rick was when Morgan said this as he realized he let him down although it wasn't intentional.

#1 WillyJakkz, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Clear, Hershel's epic episode where he was the boss trying to save all the sick people.... "Let’s make it Spaghetti Tuesday every Wednesday, first we have to find some spaghetti', and the epsiode where he was killed, were the only episodes I liked from season 3. LOL

Wait....some of those were season 4 right? Those two seasons blended for me. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Loved how he made the joke followed by the awkward moment afterwards.

It was like a " did he just make a joke during all of this chaos" moment Lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Double post: Absolutely loved Herschel's speech about " you risk your life if get a drink of water" etc. That was my favorite moment of that episode

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

OMG YES!!!! That's probably my favorite speech of all the seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rhizin

rhizin Member

I rather liked the hallucinations. It was a good depiction of Rick's state of mind. He is splitting off his emotions, which leads to a psychotic break similar what schizophrenics experience longterm. I also liked how they compared or paralled that with Morgan's state. That could very well have been happening to Rick, if he was just a bit less resiliant or lost Carl as well as Lori. Also the responsibility for the group keeps him somewhat centred or at least gives him something to hold on to. Morgan has nothing of that and gives into his delusions completely. Rick would maybe have slipped into that later, but he had Michonne by than, who was someone he could look to as an equal, not a follower, and rely on for emotional support and a knock to the head if needed.

• Like Like x 1