Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rewatch: Season 5 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - Conquer' started by WillyJakkz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Ah, so here we are to Season 5... quite a mixed bag of goodness and awfulness.

This Season started out so great with the Rise and Abrupt Fall of Terminus. This Season also featured the further development of Carol going from meek, abused housewife to one woman army....literally.

How can we forget the "epic-ness" of her saving the groups lives during the gory trough slaughter scene, then basically murking the woman we all thought was Lily and her sister's mother but turned out to be Gareth's mom but still coulda been Lily's mom lol.

The group hit the road (once again), came across Father Gabriel, Bob was tainted meat, and then the complete slaughter of "The Hunters" as Rick became without a doubt the baddest man on television and then... the f*ckin' Hospital episodes happened.

What. The. Filth. Was. This. Sh*t?!?

The Season completely fell off the tracks and lost me with this unbelievable setup with the a-hole cops vs the slightly lesser a-hole cops all led by the uber a-hole cop who was controlling a freakin' hospital???

Enter Noah exit Beth (who I still say to this day "why stab a-hole cop to prove what")? Honestly had forgotten what Beth had done to get blasted until I saw it again then I said...oh yeah that's why... That's how forgettable the horrible Hospital story was, highlighted by her sister Maggie hardly speaking about her missing sister.

Ultimately the Season got back on track to being great with the group making it to Alexandria Safe Zone...

Oh yeah Tyreese got caught slippin' and the group ate dog...literally. Dog from Season 9 would be appalled.

Verdict: Very good Season overall but lost some traction during the mid-season trying to establish characters.

Standout Ep: Four Walls and a Roof, yeah there were great episodes before (No Sanctuary) and after (Self Help & Conquer) but Ultimate Rick Grimes with the "We didn't wanna waste the bullets" (head tilt) "besides...I already told you... Enter Red Machete Exit Gareth was INCREDIBLE and made the entire Season 5 worth it.

#1 WillyJakkz, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

"What. The. Filth. Was. This. Sh*t?!?"

LMAO totally agree. The hospital episodes were HORRID except for Beth's death. Wasn't a Beth fan but that was SHOCKING to me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Yeah I swear it was like I wasn't even watching TWD.

It looked like a bad late 90's show that woulda been on the UPN network.

Call that shit "Cop-spital" and at the last min the writers said "oh yeah let's add some zombies".

• Funny Funny x 1