Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rewatching from Season 1...anyone else with me?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Poor Mika, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Yes (3rd time for me). Have recently retired from my main career so have a bit more time on my hands... hoping to be up to speed for Season 10 in October.... Anyone else tempted?

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I dunno. Does it jump the shark for you at any point on rewatching? I drifted away after Negan appeared, but I did enjoy the first few seasons when I saw them and Episode 1 was damn near perfect.

3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I could watch the show over and over =D except for some parts of Season 5. I think that had a lot of boring parts for me. But got better with 5B.

4. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Well, just watched Clear again... This Sorrowful Life and Welcome to the Tombs again soon. Classic episodes. I have all the DVDs and am savouring every one - including all the "commentary2 voice over episodes... Hence it's taking a while - but no rush:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

ive been binge watching again from the very start. Parts of season 6 were really stale,i'm midway through season 7 and i'm missing a lot of the zombie action. I don't like how they've dumbed the walkers down. First season they were climbing gates and the tank, as well as breaking glass with rocks.

6. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I was just rewatching episode 4 of season one, where the two sisters were fishing and Jim was digging holes and the man squad went back to Atlanta to try to find Merle but he’d gotten away by cutting his hand off. The only characters remaining from that time are Daryl and Carol. Everything just seemed written and acted so much better in those days in my opinion.

7. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Darabont’s walkers were so different. More agile and they kept some logic. Like the rock smasher one and the little girl that held on to her teddy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I plan on rewatching S9 before the S10 premiere. I've only done a systematic rewatch starting with S1 three times, over the last few years, but I watch every episode at least twice the week the air, and there are certain episodes [like Days Gone Bye] that I have seen as many as 5 to 10 times. Days Gone Bye I have seen probably upwards of 10 times now, half the time by myself, and the other half when I was trying to get some random friend into TWD. The next time I do a full rewatch from the beginning will probably be after the show has ended. About once a month I will turn on Netflix, pic an episode at random, and watch it.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have watched the season 9 episodes multiple times to varying degrees. Episodes 1-4 I have watched each episode twice.

Rick's last episode I have probably watched at least 5 times

The episode that Cudlitz directed is my least favorite of all 16 but still a good episode. I just recently watched it a second time and found that I appreciated it even more than I did from my initial viewing.

Any episode with Alpha is at LEAST a three time view, with Bounty and Guardians probably watched more around the 5 times mark.

And for past seasons, like @Neuropyramidal , I can re-watch certain episodes over and over.

And I will also spend time watching scenes of episode over and over again. I have lost count of how many times I have called up the episode Nebraska and I watch over and over all the bits that include Tony and Dave. Rick with his head tilt and slight nod then saying "I don't know, I hear Nebraska's nice" is the moment I fell head over fangirl in love with Rick Grimes

10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

WELCOME BACK!!!!

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am still thinking my fave scene ever is our little head move with Alpha. She's got the acting skills down.

12. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Still doing this btw… whilst simultaneously watching Season 10.
    Up to Season 5 (I ordered the blu ray disc for some reason -which means switching cables about at home) Episode 13 next:)
    (Yes I know I'm slow but I'm being careful to watch all the "audio commentaries" ones too... sometimes means watching an episode 3 times:D)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1