Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Richard's action was similar to Daryl's

Discussion in 'Episode 713 - Bury Me Here' started by ineedcoffee, Mar 13, 2017.

1. ineedcoffee

ineedcoffee New Member

So Richard planned to fight back against the Saviors, willing to give up his life to do so. It didn't go as planned, and someone else died because of his actions.

Daryl lunged at Negan after Abraham was killed. He probably knew that he would be unsuccessful but wanted to fight back anyways, willing to be killed as a consequence. However, instead of being selected to die, Glen was killed instead.

If Morgan killing Richard was justified because it was "his fault", should that mean that those that saw what Daryl did be as pissed?

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. The_Not_So_Dead

I think that what Daryl did when lunging for Negan was more of a "in the heat of the moment / emotional"-kind of thing.

Whereas Richard has been planning all along to start a fight between the Saviors and the Kingdom.

But I do not agree that Morgan killed Richard. He was a subject in the Kingdom; the King should have decided.

But Morgan went rogue.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Morgan realized that he and Richard are similar. When Richard gave his "I didn't do anything" speech it reminded Morgan that Duane died because he didn't act when he was supposed to. So he took all that, Richard wanting to die to jumpstart the war, and his own lack of action. Killed Richard and is now finding that place somewhere between crazy "clear" Morgan and "all life is precious" Morgan.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I agree. Daryl didn't plan to attack Negan back then, he was just so furious that he stopped thinking in that moment. Richard planned for one of the Kingdom to be killed. He hoped, it was him, but he couldn't be sure, so he basically risked all their lifes.
    I also agree, that Morgan should not have killed Richard. I think, Ezekiel was too shocked in that moment, otherwise, he probably would have stepped in. He wasn't in his best either so soon after Bens death.

5. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's what I was thinking when Richard mentioned that to Morgan---it must've triggered Morgan's past memories of Duane and his wife-turned-walker.

I agree that Daryl acted in the moment -- pure emotion. Rosita is trying for the 2nd time to take down Negan on her own -- well, now she's dragging Sasha along with her. And with Richard, he wanted to increase the tension to start the war. What they're all doing is acting out on their own -- which *never* works and the Saviors or Negan ends up killing someone else and not them.

Daryl probably thought Negan would Lucille him. Instead, Glenn got it.
    Rosita indirectly caused Olivia's death and Eugene being taken away by the Saviors.
    Now Richard messes with the melons, and Benjamin paid the price--and then Richard got killed too.

Daryl and Richard felt guilty. Rosita...I don't know. She keeps doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. She's also running on pure emotions and not rationale.

#5 ShaneFan, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  6. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Not the same. It would be better compared to Rosita trying to shoot negan when he was last in Alexandria and causing olivia to get killed.

Daryl punching negan to me isn't similar to what Richard did.

7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering why not one of the Kingdom guys lifted a finger to stop Morgan from killing Richard. I mean wouldn't they want to know the reason he was suddenly attacking one of their own?

And no Richard's plan is not the same as Daryl's emotional outburst.

8. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I see what some of you are saying about Daryl's reaction being different from Richard's plan and Rosita's plan. Daryl's was more spur-of-the-moment, whereas Richard and Rosita had more thought behind what they were doing.

Even though Daryl's emotional reaction isn't the same as Richard's plotting...the end result is still the same. The Saviors or Negan almost always kill someone else in retaliation. It's as though they know what the person was trying to do and rather than take it out on them--they go for another person in the group because they know that will destroy the group even more or at least, leave them more broken.

I hope my post isn't taken as me bashing Daryl. I like Daryl a lot, I even like Richard and Rosita. All of them want to protect those they love and destroy those who are hurting them. It's just when they go about it on their own...the odds are never in their favor.

• Friendly Friendly x 1