Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick and Carl's supressors

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Seed' started by skaaaa, Oct 21, 2012.

1. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

So as you probably know Ricks is a flashlight that I can't remember the name of but I found out Carl's suppressor is from a aluminum baseball bat.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Here is a picture:

[​IMG]

I dunno how he made that work, but that is pretty funny looking.

3. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Rick and Carl's supressors work through studio magic.

4. RickFan22

RickFan22 Member

Yup, they wouldn't work otherwise. Still a neat idea though.

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Even though, why baseball bat? why not a bottle of water or something else?
    There must be a reason, like the ability of stuffing something in the baseball bat (Is it hallow in the first place? never held one)

6. RickFan22

RickFan22 Member

Aluminum bats are hollow. Probably would hold up a lot better then a water bottle. That and they probably hold on to every bottle they get for drinking water. Just a thought.

7. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I agree.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Anyway, the whole idea of using Suppressors is kinda useless I mean after they went up the watch towers they took off the silencers.

9. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Not really, while Rick was in the courtyard (before securing the gate), they didn't want to attract more walkers than necessarily and they wanted to get them at the fence, not going after Rick. Once he was in the tower, then they wanted to attract all the walkers possible to them. This I had no problem with. The 50 yard head shots with pistols on moving targets however......

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Was more like a call of duty kinda kills, I mean Carl had no problem acing headshots from the Watchtower. Guess like father like son...

11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I've read that Carl's silencer could work, especially for a Beretta 92FS, which has a protruding barrel.

[​IMG]

The Maglite on Rick's Glock 17, however, might be Hollywood magic.

[​IMG]

12. L4tp

L4tp New Member

The problem is you have to secure it to the gun somehow and the slide moves separately from the barrel. .

13. Anotherej

Anotherej New Member

Have you people never heard of google?There are tons of people who have made silencers from maglite's. Anything in the shape of a tube could work. The head of the maglite would have to come of most likely.
    To the previous post, you realize the barrel stays in place and the slide moves back right? If you threaded the flashlight and the barrel was threaded for a suppressor you would just have to put something inside to muffle the sound but also let the bullet pass through freely. The bat looks cool but there is a reason real supressors aren't made that shape. Without a mill and blocks of aluminum it would be difficult. In reality anything would be better than nothing.

14. Dead man walking

Good reply - one thing though, seems a lot of effort finding a diy store to find the manual thread cutter to be able to do this considering all your other 'concerns', it would be last on my list of things to do.

15. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

A few things to think about.
    1. The factory barrel on a Glock 17 does not protrude far enough from the front of the slide to be threaded. So unless they found a longer aftermarket barrel, it is movie magic.
    2. If they found a longer aftermarket barrel AND it was threaded..... LOOK FOR THE SUPPRESSOR! IT'S THERE SOMEWHERE.
    3. Without a 'nielson device' a Glock will not cycle. Making it a 'shot, rack the slide manually, shot (lather, rise, repeat)'
    [​IMG]
    ^ not something an unskilled person can make and have work reliably.
    4. Attaching the suppressor to the slide is a no-go. As the slide moves rearward under recoil, the top of the frame does not. Something as big as Rick's suppressor would be ripped off.

The Beretta that Carl has uses a different system and does not need a neilson device.

16. Anotherej

Anotherej New Member

You wouldn't/couldn't attach the suppressor to the slide, not sure off your saying its not possible or if you aren't sure but judging by statements 1,2, and 3 i assume your reiterating what i said but yeah that's not happening.

17. redbird1983

redbird1983 New Member

The head of the flaslightt can be secured to the accessory rail of the glock on ricks gun/suppressor Dont ask me how I know this but yes it can be done and by doing so it negates the need for a neilson device
    Dan

18. Light_Exo

Light_Exo New Member

Its not though studio magic ive tried it not with a baseball bat but with cans and they work

19. Titansfan

Titansfan New Member

Just watched this episode, I am new to the show.
    Being a Glock 17 owner, I don't know if the rigged suppressors would actually work. However, I did observe that the makeshift suppressor hides the front post. Having been through marksmanship training in military and handgun carry classes, the front post is most important in sight alignment. A sight picture consists of the target, front post and rear posts. The front post would be the only thing in complete focus.

Watching this episode, I am impressed that the group acts as a team as they clear a house and the suppressors are a great idea.