Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick and Carol's "Bag O' Knives"

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Indifference' started by Tony Davis, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Rick looked at Carol's knife bag, and noticed that one of them was missing. This seems they showed us Rick seeing this for a reason...

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I thought it was the knife Carol gave to Lizzy. They showed Carol telling Lizzy to keep her knife above her T shirt around the same time that Rick saw the knife missing.

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I know what it is, I'm talking about them showing Rick noticing it's gone

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Ever hear of a search warrant, Officer Friendly? :zombies_mad:

5. Neuropyramidal

Well, didn't Rick then go look in and Carol and Lizzy and see the knife on Lizzy? Maybe he just was confirming his hatred for giving kid's knives lol

6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

He's putting the stuff in the car, goes in and looks at Karen's bed(imagining what Carol did). Then, he goes and looks at the knives, it never shows him seeing the knife on Lizzie

7. Neuropyramidal

Oh, i'll have to watch it again. My impression was that he was contemplating Carol using that knife to kill Karen, or giving that knife to a kid, or both.

8. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't agree with the theory, but I read someone say Rick seeing this proves he knows Carol is just covering for one of her kids, the real killer. He left her behind so he could get a confession from the girl :zombies_lol:

9. Neuropyramidal

lol, yeah that's a stretch. When Rick imagined the killing, he still just pictured Carol doing it. And if he did leave Carol behind just for that purpose, he's truly going crazy.

10. sam12six

sam12six Member

I'd like to see things play out this way. It would inject a ton of drama into things when they face the question of what to do with the kid, plus everyone coming to grips with Rick's willingness to exile any of them if they do something he doesn't like.

I don't think things will go this direction, though. I can't see the two girls killing, dragging and burning two people that way (Especially the crazier one. Why would she burn them when she just thinks she's changing them into a different kind of person?).

11. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Yup, I agree

12. Porfivor Nixon

I still think Lizzie killed Karen and David. He did look at Carol's bag, but I noticed when Rick imagined Carol killing Karen, he had her killing her with the knife she currently has, it has a strange handle on it, like an 8 shape, it's metal, and Carol had this knife on her when she was talking to Lizzie through the glass. Lizzie still had the big knife Carol had given her before Karen and David were killed.

I don't think Rick left Carol there to get a confession from Lizzie- I mean, Carol was in a car, how would he be able to find her again, she would probably be gone, so I don't think that was the case. He could have done that with Carol still at the prison.

I think they are going to keep the Lizzie secret until the finale and it will be revealed then.

13. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, Lizzy is sick & Carol isn't.. (well yet anyway)

So you never know !

Is Lizzie's sister sick as well ?

The missing knife is clearly of some future relevance.. Otherwise they wouldn't have focused on the missing knife..

14. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

LOL! Seriously. Next they'll show him going through her underwear drawer.

15. Morgotha

I think the scene was just to show what Carol considered important to pack. It also let US know that Rick wasn't going to dump her unarmed.

As for the missing knife? No big deal IMO, that could be the one that Carol was wearing at the time. This isn't a murder-mystery, she confessed.

16. sam12six

sam12six Member

The thing is how she confessed. She didn't start boohooing or try to explain her reasoning, she calmly said "yes" and walked off, leaving the door open to the possibility that she confessed to protect someone the thinks actually did it.

17. Morgotha

I hear you, I just don't buy it. She went a LONG way into rationalizing her actions for them not really being her actions. And the little girl who did it? killed the two of them, dragged their bodies God knows how far, went to get gasoline and a lighter and torched them? That seems like a lot for a kid that a few days ago was naming the walkers.

18. sam12six

sam12six Member

Like I said, I don't think the girls did it, but it would be a good twist if Carol confessed because she THINKS they did it and there's still an unidentified murderer in the group.

19. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

lack of communication between Rick and Carol.

20. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

The thing that bothers me is
    A. Rick was a deputy Sheriff, Not Sherlock Holmes. They seem to think he can magically get the results of a full CSI team in a few hours.
    B. Carol seemed to be REALLY trying to get Ricks approval, not just his understanding. Seemed out of character for the STRONG woman Carol has become.
    C. I'm going to really bitch if that LITTLE girl dragged two bodies out. So I think Carol moved and burned the remains for her.

Hey I can be wrong, It just doesn't seem 'right' to me.

BTW I didn't think of this "it would be a good twist if Carol confessed because she THINKS they did it", BRAVO