Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick Bite Vs. Trav Fight

Discussion in 'Episode 214 - Wrath' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

And in this corner.....we have Rick Grimes biting out the jugular of Joe the claimer...

in this corner over here, closer to the popcorn vendor, we have Travis beating Beavis and Butthead to death....

Who wins the gold????

#1 Neuropyramidal, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Rick wins the gold.

I enjoyed watching Travis beat those two punks (they deserved it), but Rick biting out Joe's jugular was animal savagery.

3. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of Travis, but that beating was very satisfying. Both scenes were a little predictable, but I think I ended up liking the FTWD one better. Never thought I'd say that.

4. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

I liked Rick's a little more. Rick attacked someone who was stronger, someone dangerous. Travis beat the crap out of 2 punks. Both were cool to watch, I just think Rick's was slightly better.

5. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

The Travis beatdown was savage and brutal. Very well shot and executed.

The Rick jugular bite though was completely on another level of animal instinct self defense. The Rick bite was superior, but I enjoyed the Travis beatdown more because I hate those characters and they had to suffer through an agonizing death. Plus after seeing Travis being a whiney weakling for almost 2 entire seasons, it was just nice to see some post-Apocalypse animal come out of the character.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

While both are worthy of multiple viewings I am still of the opinion that Rick's throat bite was the greater of the two. I will go a step further and state that Rick's throat chomp was the most bad-ass one on one fight to the death moment in either show. Also that Rick's strangle you with the strap of a your gun in the confines of a small bathroom while I am still recovering from broken ribs is also one of the best one on one fight to the death moments of either show. Both were moments of clarity where Rick had no f*cks left to give. Travis may have had a moment, and I applaud him for his moment. But it was just that...a moment. He will never reach the level of bad-ass as my sweetie Rick MF Grimes!

#6 Dnae, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  7. Znuts

Znuts Member

Both were great in their own way, but I think I liked the scene with Travis a little better. It had been building in him for a while and he finally went into Hulk mode, which was satisfying to finally see.

8. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Rick Grimes all the way. Did this question need to be asked? Some may have enjoyed the lengthier beat down by Travis, but the kill by Rick is the better kill.

9. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Rick. Hands down.
    He ripped a guy's throat out with his bare teeth.
    But Travis' beating those guys to death was extremely satisfying for 2 reasons. They deserved it, and Travis FINALLY did what needed to be done. And kudos to him for recognizing that they tried to punk him out with their first explanation of Chris' death.

10. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

I agree Rick wins. Though I have a few comments on the subject. (Don't I always!).

We are not really comparing apples and oranges here.

Rick's savagery was in a fight to save his son from a horrible rape and death.
    Travis' savagery was revenge on the two punks who shot his son in cold blood.

Not that I blame Travis in the least. Au contraire. That smackdown was the single best moment in the entire (short) history of FTWD. Travis finally comes through and releases the beast within. Monsters from the Id! It was epic!

Still they are very different scenarios. Rick's move was desperation. Travis' was payback.

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I don't think I would compare them even.
    Rick was bound and seemingly helpless by the grip of the much bigger Joe and acted in a primal way to save himself and his family.

Travis just boiled over and those little pukes were helpless to survive the deal unless one of them had bitten Travis in the Jugular and that would have never happened!

Travis didn't have to Blow there was no physical threat to him until after he did blow.

Rick was either Kill or Be Killed and watch your family be Raped and Killed first,Joes exact words.

Just not the same deal.

Loved them both!