Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick/Carol & Daryl/Dwight Parallel

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Black Panther, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Member

Back in season 4, Rick banished Carol for her actions of killing and burning two of their own people in an attempt of stopping a virus from spreading. Rick didn't consult anybody about it and banished her behind everyone's back. When Daryl found out, he was furious with Rick.

Now we have Daryl. He drives off with Dwight and banishes him without consulting anyone, just like what Rick did with Carol. Do you guys see a similar situation playing out, where Rick will be pissed off with Daryl? Dwight has proven himself. He didn't deserve being sent off...

• Like Like x 2
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t think so. Big difference between Carol and Dwight. I’m sure rick could care less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. batongal

batongal Active Member

No Rick doesn't care but I'm sure Tara and Rosita may have something to say about it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed the parallel. Nice!

Your name title almost rhymed.

I will miss Dwight. I hope they figure out a way to bring him back without Daryl murdering him. I did love that Daryl said, "Go find her." *melts*

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

For some reason I can't see Rick spending any time stressing over Dwight's whereabouts...although he did make it a point to reach out to Jadis (via Morgan) despite all of her flip-flopping lol.

6. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Rick exiled Carol for very different reasons. Rick banished Carol because he thought she had become a threat to the group, Daryl banished Dwight as an act of mercy. I think Daryl feels like Dwight did redeem himself and even understands what compelled Dwight to do the things he did to Daryl, but I can't blame Daryl for not wanting to play neighbor with him going forward. I came to like Dwight's character, but from Daryl's perspective, I think he did the merciful and right thing. Other than Tara, Rosita, and maybe Eugene, I don't think anyone's going to care that Dwight rode off into the sunset. I hope he finds a comb :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Rick banished Carol for selfish reasons: at first he told Carol it was to protect her from Tyreese, but then he admitted he didn't want her near his children.

Daryl banished Dwight for selfish reasons too: Dwight not only murdered Denise (shot her in the back of the head, and joked about his aim being off) he also kept Daryl in a closet, buck naked, eating dog food sandwiches, and listening to a loop of "Easy Street", although it was Dwight who wound up breaking in the end.

I've never been a fan of this Daryl vs. Dwight subplot. Its ridiculous that Daryl tried to avenge a woman he barely knew, and Daryl is smarter than he's been portrayed these last few seasons. Having Tara out for revenge is more logicial.

8. Gboswell21

Gboswell21 New Member

Will Dwight make a reappearance like Carol did by saving them in some way?

9. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

And some shampoo...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I just watched it all the way through again for the first time, instead of rewatching sections.

Daryl absolutely meant to kill Dwight. He had told Rick long ago that when this was all over he was going to kill Dwight, and this was the moment. Daryl drove them deep into the woods off the road. It was Dwight's acceptance and deep acknowledgement and apology that saved him.

The completed circle was that Dwight had stolen Daryl's ride and left him defenseless in the woods, all with no good reason at all since Daryl had only offered them a good life. Daryl left Dwight with the truck and sent him off with good wishes, even though he still hates Dwight for many reasons.

If Daryl had always meant to simply send Dwight on his way, the truck would have been parked on the shoulder of the road, or he would have dropped Dwight off on the road and turned the truck around and driven home himself.

You're a good man, Daryl Dixon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rick knew all along that when this war was over, Daryl was in charge of Dwight's fate. It will not be a surprise to him. And Daryl didn't really "banish" Dwight, because he was never really part of their group to begin with. Dwight was part of an enemy group and Daryl simply let him go free. I'm not sure why Rick would resist this. This is the same thing Rick did with all the other Saviors. He let them go.

• Agree Agree x 1