Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick Giving Up Michonne

Discussion in 'Episode 315 - This Sorrowful Life' started by Jakobi, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Your right. Rick was really asking Hershel to stop him.

2. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

I think we're all going to interpret the characters and their motives differently (makes discussion fun)

im not trying to nitpick just to be critical because I'm a big defender of the show, just sharing what rubbed me wrong when watching.

3. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Here's my deal. As for Rick, I kinda don't think he's that savy anymore right now. The two who still have their heads on straight and knew what he was doing (Hershel/Daryl) didn't like it and told him so. Personally... if Rick was calling the shots in my group I think I would be worried. This was a mistake. Rick, Hershel, and Daryl ... and really unfortunately for him... Merle.. all know it. Merle died. Michonne almost got handed over to a man who was going to do terrible things to her. Where Rick's character is at, I don't think it was out of character. I think he's warped right now, and you know, all things considering while I hope he gets strong again, its pretty likely he will just get crazier. It's going to depend on what happens to the people he cares about and who else they lose. If he loses Judith, Hershel, Daryle, or Glen (and I did put them in a specific order... just my thoughts mind you) then I think we are going to see an even nuttier Rick. I won't like it much. I'll be patient like Andrea fans and hope he goes back to whatever bad assness I don't know about in the comics, but it will be what it is.

#123 Felicia, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I am serious Darkmeat... the first season... I got all hung up on the pictures being gone from Ricks house being something MUCH bigger than they were. I was waiting and waiting and ... bleh. You saw how that turned out. You are right. Its all in how we each perceive it.

5. Hank

Hank Member

Interesting to hear others get frustrated with it too. In the past I have usually just overlooked problems and got on with enjoying it. But this latter half of season 3 for me has gone badly awry. That's what I'm annoyed about. But I really hope I find it greatly improved with season 4, because I really want to continue enjoying the show, it's been the business.

#125 Hank, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  6. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

I do the same thing with all the shows I get into (TWD, GoT, Lost)

why do you think we have so many orange backpack threads?

its almost like discussing artwork with artistic people (which I am not) you can draw so many different conclusions from the same thing

7. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

hahah not to beat a dead horse but why Why WHY did they just ditch that guy? I feel so bad for that guy. He didn't even a line and all I can think about is what if that were one of my sons out there asking for help. Yeesh.

8. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Np. Just to be clear about your claim that I report posters for simply disagreeing — false and unfounded.

Many have disagreed with what I said in countless threads. Not that this is entirely relevant, but if your claim that "she will find some reason to report you" were true, many would've been suspiciously reported. To the contrary, I clearly recall conceding to an excellent point made by lurkersandroamers, many by Alina etc.

Wherever did the knowledge that I report people for simply disagreeing came from, please point that out.

Hopefully, you are capable of lending credibility to that statement by providing information. I wouldn't mind taking this to PM or VM seeing how the thread is now derailed.

If you can't or refuse to do so, at least have the decency to retract a premature accusation.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

No I get it. You get off on this. It's cool

10. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

Oh I think a show should receive all the criticism it deserves just as much as the acclaim.

There's a reason why we notice these little things. I'm a huge fan and when they deviate from the things they do so well, it really sticks out to me.

You're not the only one who might look elsewhere for entertainment. I get disinterested when a show loses the identity that made me a fan of it in the first place.

11. Hank

Hank Member

How has the thread been derailed, Zugs? It seems to be rolling fine. You must be having flashbacks to earlier when some of you were trying to throw your weight around all over the place.

12. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

That is why I quit watching lost after season 3 or so. All I wanted was enough answers to feed me you know? didn't get. Quit watching.

13. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

Risks outweighed reward, the hard truth

reminded me a little of "the cold equations" I read in a sci-fi class in high school.

The backpack guy is such a cool discussion topic because people like to fill in their own backstory to that guy. He was the unknown variable that serves as a mirror to the audience.

i must be such a dick because I agreed with Rick. Protect my family and F everyone else (and only because they just got attacked)

14. Hank

Hank Member

Yeah, I think sometimes, shows can get TOO clever. You feel them working out how they can keep you hanging on and hanging on and... and then it just gets frustrating and tedious.

I'm a big fan of TWD too. And I agree criticism should be aired. You just kinda hope the writers might get wind of the need to tighten up here and there.

15. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

lol same here.

im a binge watcher. Taking in tv series whenever I get some time off. I did the same thing with heroes. All of my friends were crazy about that show but I got into it only when it was over. I made it to season 5 and lost interest.

TWD has so much traction with me though and it's because of heart wrenching decisions our favorite characters have to make. I hope they don't lose that part of the show

16. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

I place my faith in people much smarter than me in charge and think they'll take care of it. Dimple as the next show runner was a head scratcher at first, but his episodes have been favorites of mine.

17. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

A person sees what they want to see

18. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Did you ever read World War Z? I know they made a movie, but the book itself is really good. And you know... entire nations where the orange backpack guy. It was quite frankly terrifying.

19. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Me too!!! Heroes was awesome in the beginning. It had so much potential and I just felt it had so many awesome secrets...and then not so much... pooey.

20. Hank

Hank Member

Never read it. Thanks for the recommendation, Been thinking of getting some Zombie novels to read. Any more suggestions? As there seem to be a lot to pick from.