Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick Giving Up Michonne

Discussion in 'Episode 315 - This Sorrowful Life' started by Jakobi, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Seriously...this was almost an arguement in our house because I said I would stop and get him and my husband was like... are you out of your mind? HAHAH. So basically... poor orange backpack guy would have heard... Awe... we should stop. *bleep* that we are getting on down the road.

2. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

No and to be honest I want to but I'm a little scared to.

i hear nothing but good things about it and I don't think I can afford to lose anymore productivity time. I've resorted to posting from time to time from my phone when I should be working lol

but thanks for the rec, I'd probably go get it now and then find a world war Z forum to get into arguments. Like a nice dysfunctional book club.

seriously, if I do read it, I'll reach out to you and all the World War Z readers here for some discussion. It's just no fun keeping debates to yourself

3. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

World War Z was the best I've read so far. There are some people here who really like that Morningstar Series. I have it in my nook but I haven't read it yet. I've read a lot of them that are series but have only read the first of them and they aren't really good so I wouldn't recommend them. One series I would recommend was written by this guy named Charlie Higson. It's a young adult series but really don't let it throw you off. Its about a disease that turns everyone over around 16 into a flesh eating maniac. I will warn you now, the guy is much worse about killing off his characters than TWD. And... it can be kinda gross. Like TWD... I don't see a happy ending to it.

4. Hank

Hank Member

Thanks. Added to my library list. Okay, I gotta go. Ciao. Keep frosty, peoples. : )

5. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

I have actually argued for picking up the hitchhiker when talking with some friends. I could make a decent argument on how to handle the situation (Rick holding the hitchhiker at gunpoint when obtaining info, Michonne keeps the car running, tell the hitchhiker to stay in one of the abandoned cars til they come back, etc)

no real clear answer (ironically in an episode named "clear")

6. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

Catch you at the next argument ;P

7. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

And the thing was too that some girlfriends and I were talking about it and one of them brought up a good point... I don't pick up hitchhikers now... and the world is sane. My gut reaction would be to pick the guy up... but in the end... I don't know how smart that would be and man..am I ever glad I am not in that situation. I don't know what I'd do. I don't know. Freaky!

8. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I wish all arguments on here ended this badly :Grin:

9. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

It just baffles me why you would want to undermine your own credibility by making a statement only to withdraw when probed for actual information. No, really, do you?

For what it's worth, whatever one's interpretation of any event is, it needs to be consistent with things that actually happened, not baseless exaggeration. This is where your side falls short.

So let me put this into accurate perspective.

You popped in suddenly with a dramatic accusation, probably thought that nobody would stick around to keep things honest and so continued to see what else could be thrown into the mix.

When pushed for specifics, then put on a cloak-and-dagger-I-won't-because-I-cannot-be-bothered-with-this-anymore act. What a convenient way of copping out when asked to substantiate slur with actual proof.

In any case, about that histrionic public-service-martyrdom spin, please rest assured that you need not be concerned about unjustified allegations eliciting any excitement.

Amusement, regularly. Bemusement, occasionally. Empathy, virtually assured. But not excitement by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyhow, there is no law against rollerskating around the internet with a toy gun launching balls of air whenever you please, so it is inconsequential. Pretty much a done deal (at this point) as far as I'm concerned. Time to move on.

10. sam12six

sam12six Member

I look at it a little differently. To me, you don't pick up hitchhikers BECAUSE the world is sane. There's nothing that hitchhiker could offer you that you couldn't get from someone else. In other words, in the sane world, it's all risk and no reward.

In a zombie filled world with no civilization besides Woodbury (as far as the characters know), the equation is a little different. That hitchhiker could be a pediatrician who could look after Judith when she gets sick. He could be an ex Army sniper who would more than double the group's combat effectiveness. He could be the pre-ZA World's premier expert on primitive farming methods. Against this, he could be an ax murderer or another ex cop. Risk and potential reward are both huge in this situation.

Obviously, whether you actually stop for the guy is about your personal tolerance for risk and your need. One could argue that the group has been burned by people in the past so would have less tolerance for risk than the average person, but one doesn't even need to "argue" that the group has needs. They need skills they don't have.

11. Silky

Silky Member

The way I see the hitchhiker is, he had to have some kind of a way to survive all this time. He can either go back to that of keep walking. I would not have picked him up. I'm curious how he survived all this time but he got eaten so quickly on the road. His survival skills should have been much better than they were. I saw that as a liability. He should know by now that stranges are not welcomed so easily. If his approach was a bit different he might have been welcomed in. Michonne was welcomed in, even if she was put to the side, as well as Tyreese's group. The hitchhiker came at them complete wrong.

12. sam12six

sam12six Member

Agreed. This guy has supposedly survived for a year somehow. How is he the only survivor who gets killed by zombies like it's freaking season 1?

Tyreese's bunch were reluctantly let in then locked in a rec room until they met Rick and got so freaked out that they decided the zombies were better company. Not the greatest welcome.

Michonne was not welcomed in. She walked who knows how far with a bullet in her side to bring them news about 2 of their group and a load of formula for the baby. As a reward for her effort, Rick and Carl stood there expressionlessly watching as she cam within a hair's breadth of being zombie food.

The only surefire approach to gain membership in the group is to kill a zombie that's trying to kill Rick. That's how the convicts were allowed to stay and that's how Merle was allowed to return to the group. Michonne was allowed to stay because T-Dog had died and everyone knows that in a horror movie setting, black people are more likely to be killed than white people. Rick wanted her there as a buffer, hoping she'd be killed instead of him.

13. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

I got a "fresh out of the fallout shelter" vibe. His gear looked pretty new, and he had a lot of it. And no freaking clue how to comport himself properly inn the zombie apocalypse. He probably headed up to the surface when the food ran out and was made quick work of.

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Guys he was trolling. You probably shouldn't do what I did lol. I was just messing with him.

15. Hank

Hank Member

You're a true master of bs, legendx66.

16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Invisible Ninja Zombies. They teleported in, ate him, and teleported out before anyone was the wiser. They're the deadliest type of zombies.

17. Silky

Silky Member

Hmmmm, very observant.

18. Silky

Silky Member

As far as I'm concerned Michonne was welcomed in. However she was let in, the fact is, she was let in. I already said she was put to the side away from everyone else. Merle was allowed to return with Daryl. It was Daryl's presence that allowed Merle to return. There is no surefire approach because we've seen several.

19. sam12six

sam12six Member

Maybe it's just a personal terminology thing. I make a distinction between being welcomed and being taken prisoner.

Rick was willing to let Daryl walk away from the group as the price for not allowing Merle to rejoin. What changed? Merle killed a zombie that was trying to kill Rick.

And yes, we've seen several ways to become part of the group, but of the surefire method seems to be to save Rick. Save Maggie and Glen by leading us to where they're about to be executed, maybe we'll let you join or not (but if you disappear for ten minutes, YOUR ASS IS GONE!!!).

20. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

You're ridiculous, man. People can actually read your responses and see that you ignore rational rebuttals that would lead to a conversation, and instead you just yell "troll" instead. If you're a moderator, then immaturity, arrogance, shallow thinking and poor writing skills must all be prerequisites.

#160 AnnieOakley, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015