Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick Goes In Da Helicopterrrrr

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

I thought Negan was going to burst out laughing after crying once Maggie left the cell. Just diabolical laughter showing he "still has it" when it comes to manipulating people's emotions.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

I was expecting Rick to die, after by group zombie pig out fest or him killing himself with
    I was expecting Rick to die, either by group zombie pig out fest or him taking himself out with the gun. Both scenarios probably would had audiences angry including myself.

3. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

One other thing. What does Michonne, Daryl etc...think happened to Rick at the end?

Do they think he died at the explosion? Did they think he dropped into the river with the other walkers and got washed away? Did they look for his body? Or at least make sure he wouldn't turn?

4. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

well, it's already 5 or 6 years since he disappeared, so we either see them accepting he's dead, or they have word that he's out there somewhere. And from now on, I'm calling helicopters sky dumpsters.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I imagine they accept he is dead. Even though it doesn't exactly make sense that the explosion propelled him FORWARD into the river, it still created a huge mixture of corpses that were on fire, so they would probably find it plausible that he got lost in that mix. Maybe even turned quickly and became a walker on fire. We've seen people die and turn very quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Yeah he'll be back for sure - IF they manage to keep the main cast together. There'd be no point bringing him back if Michonne, Daryl, etc. are all gone/dead. Or he'd come just to reunite with Shane's daughter? Anyway, Maddison's coming back first ;-)

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I think they're keeping his job open (IRL here hello!) in case he decides to come back to AMC and do some more acting, that's what I think this was about... There are some differences in the viewership here, in ways of understanding ...

Let me clarify:
    I understand some things about TWD...
    First and foremost it is a show portrayed by actors who read script.
    The people in the show don't really "think" and there is little sense attempting to figure things out from their "perspective" as if they were real people in a real world who have the ability to reason and think.
    They are not doing any of that.
    They are actors, every one of the people on the TWD show gets paid to perform their role on film. These people read script and enact scenes, created by producers.
    It's a play, each scene is an act, it is not real.

Ok, so Rick Grimes who is Andrew Lincoln IRL *QUIT* Twd and is going back to the UK to spend time with his IRL family.
    That is what is really happening.
    What we're seeing on the screen is merely the show's producers giving "Rick" (aka Andrew Lincoln) his ticket out of there.

And my personal opinion is they didn't "kill" him just in case he decides to come back, because they know the show (and the viewers, and really everyone) would benefit from that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

I liked it. It wouldn't have made sense to kill him off, especially from a business standpoint.

I think he takes a couple years off, puts out these 3+ movies and then they find a way to bring him back for the final season or at least the final few episodes, whenever that may be.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He considered Judith as his daughter though. For all emotional purposes, she is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

But then again, the helicopter rescue could also be part of his Jacob's ladder hallucination?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Ok , it just finished where I am. No Talking dead, no preview for next ep.
    All I'm going to say is I am happy he went in the bird.
    They will pull him out for when ratings eventually get super low maybe...

I was upset after the bridge. WALKING DEAD WHY U DO ME LIKE THIS ?! Waahhh
    Jadis and the mystery of the helicopter is better than what I thought happened to him. Looking forward to what happens from here

• Like Like x 2
  12. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I know, was just being an ass.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

From the 3 episode trailer that was shown we can hear Michonne say "I haven't given up and I never will" I assume she is talking about Rick which leads me to think that they did go looking for his body

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I agree with those that say Rick may possibly be back. I think it was a good business decision to leave things open ended so showmakers can remain flexible depending how the show viewership progresses .

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Nah, I am all in. All about it. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I was completely prepared to accept Rick's death and wasn't even mad about it throughout the episode because it really felt like it was his time and was beautifully done.

So to find out he lives on just feels like a complete 180 that far exceeded my expectations.

I had predicted that the helicopter and Jadis would pick Rick up, but honestly I thought I was just being naive and overly optimistic.

This show has killed off nearly all my favorite characters, so I haven't been this happy with a writing decision in a very long time!!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The shark jumped the sky dumpster.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I like seeing everyone’s opinions on here... it’s interesting to see the varying views (thumbs up, thumbs down, somewhere in between)...

I don’t know how I feel but I was kind of expecting a more elaborate exit for Rick... I really did feel as if they would leave it open ended but Idk something really didn’t satisfy me about the episode... I will give the rest of season 9’s direction a chance though even though I’m a little skeptical

• Like Like x 1
  18. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yikes.

No thanks, no movies. I love Rick but you couldn't pay me to watch movies written by Scott Gimple about Rick Grimes and the forever unexplained helicopter bullshit.

All of this helicopter garbage and years of the letter "A" being nonsensically thrown around as if it has any sort of meaning are basically a guaranteed hard pass from me. Sorry.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I figured he would go off in the helicopter with Jadis. I loved the whole episode. My guess is he will return at some point, if he does I hope it isn't spoiled. Maybe could be an actual surprise instead of telling everyone for months on end. I'm glad he wasn't killed off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Best way to keep him alive would've been to have Michonne and crew find him alive after the blast and they take him back to Alexandria. In future seasons Rick is out in the larger world on expeditions etc when a season starts. Usually their seasons run a few weeks or months, so it could be explained. The movies would show Rick's efforts trying to connect the rest of the world and rebuild civilization etc, and the challenges he faces. He could even do a few TWD cameos at the beginning or end of seasons as coming and going.

But no, instead the miracle helicopter, that no one heard, lifted him out to a new world where he won't return to the group. Brilliant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1