Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick Goes In Da Helicopterrrrr

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was fully expecting Rick to die in a blaze of glory so I had to take a little time to mull over this surprise ending (even if i was spoiled on it a few days before, I wasn't sure if it was a real spoiler until it actually happened).

I'm actually cool with it after thinking it through. Rick Grimes doesn't die, guys...just as Michonne said. He's still out there. He's going to wake up in a hospital somewhere like he did in Season 1 and have no idea where he is, how to find his family, etc. His story just keeps going while he leaves a legacy in his path. It's absolutely heart-wrenching that Michonne, Judith, Daryl, Carol, Maggie, and everyone else presume he's dead when he's actually alive but I feel like that makes things more interesting. Knowing he's out there somewhere reminds me a bit of Morgan after season 1, only on a much more significant scale. I'm not mad at it at all. It's rather growing on me.

RICK LIVES!

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It's been 12 hours since I watched the show, so I've had some time to think about it without a knee jerk reaction. Personally, I'm all in. I knew as soon as I saw Jadis in the first scene that Rick would somehow go out on the helicopter. His 3 movies give him the time with his family that he wanted, as movies take much shorter time to shoot and leaves the room for his return at some point. The time jump is going to be interesting with changes in characters, new characters and new enemies. Let's go.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Gimple has lied before. His claim on Talking Dead meant nothing. Of course Rick will be back at the end. Gimple just hoped to shut down the debate. Pfft. It's not even a debate. Of course Rick will be back. I love your comment that the world is more interesting with Rick Grimes in it.

I will enjoy the in-between-times movies.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I think what had me more worked up about it last night was how adamant the message was of "Rick Grimes' last appearance on TWD show" and basically repeating over and over again that his time on the show was 100% done.

Because it would just be so wrong for there to be no final reuniting when all is said and done, which is what such unequivocal statements basically say WON'T happen.

But if everyone is feeling pretty confident that such statements are blatant falsehoods, I would feel better about the situation.

It was still awkward, but what has me all snarly is the thought of Rick being kept away against his will from being able to cross oceans and climb mountains to return to his family. Because that's cruelty to the character, to me. And that's why I'm more dissatisfied than an actual death would have been - thinking of him forever separated from them but alive to feel the pain of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. offrope

offrope Active Member

Now if he does eventually find his way home and Michonne has become pregnant by his best friend (that would be Daryl this time), the cycle would be complete.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Did you see the movie 12 Years a Slave? You just reminded me of the ending when,

7. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

I called the 2 biggest moments in this episode and i couldn't be happier as i think its the way forward for the show.

I knew Rick wouldn't die and although i thought they could have done his exit better, i think it was right that the characters on the show were tricked into thinking Rick was dead, for the audience i wish it had been left to speculation, Rick is a great character but the show can really benefit from a break from him and have license to move away from the comics with him out of the way, as hes such a good character its good that he can now be reintroduced down the line and give us something to look forward to.

also i called the transformation of Judith into Lil Ass Kicker, i think this could be huge for the show, Judith is someone who only knows the post apocalyptic world and the writers can now be completely unrestricted in their creativity and make her into the lead on the show, they can also make her into whoever they want her to be, the comics have been great for the show and we wouldn't have this without them but i think last season proved even the best comic story lines cant always convert over into good tv, if Judith becomes the lead over the next few season (may need more time jumps) we could get the best of both the comics and tv and bring this show back to what it used to be, maybe even better than that.

• Like Like x 5
  8. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I would have actually liked it if they left it as no one knew exactly what happened to Rick vs. how they actually did it and away he goes on the copter...

I mean Morgan traveled from DC to Texas alone ... I’m sure in all of the years that have passed no distance would keep Rick from attempting to get back to his family

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Creepy Crawlies

I'm guessing he is going to be some sort of prisoner, worker, or even a subject to experiment by the Helicopter squad. He was traded to them after all so I don't see him just getting free medical treatment and luxurious life.

The movies will probably follow Ricks escape and battle vs these people and eventually ending with him joining his family in TWDs final season or something to that effect.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Just sayin' I'm good. Rick's alive. I don't care where he is now but he's alive and I look forward to seeing him reunited with his family somewhere....anywhere down the line. I went from tears to a big \/ \/

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

The only thing that would make sense to me is his captors, if thats what they turn out to be, convince Rick that the communities and his people have been destroyed and everyone is dead.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It's going to be tough to watch people mourn him, and the changes that have happened to them after Rick's "death"...especially thinking about Michonne & Judith. At the same time though it adds such an interesting element knowing he's alive out there somewhere.

#52 Jen7, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I believe that TPTB remember all too well the havoc that dumpstergate rained down upon them and had no desire to revisit a similar scenario. As angry and dismayed as some might be about the ending I do think that if it were left to speculation the uproar would be even greater.

Personally I am a-okay with knowing that Rick is alive and I will muster all the patience and fortitude I can while awaiting our first Rick TV movie

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I wish I could "winner" this post a 1000 times!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

My feelings on it to a "T".

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Lindigo

That or amnesia. ( :rolleyes: )

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Awesome!

18. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

And I would add 1000 to that. I love the idea that history repeats itself and Rick must once again find his family. Only this time, a wiser, sharpened, take-no-prisoners (well, ok, except for that ONE time...) Rick. I'd be all over that!

Great stuff there, @Jen7!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I’m just so torn. On the one hand I love that rick lives! On the other hand, god that was a cheesy send off. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lindigo

No conflict for me. I'm thrilled. :)

And that dumpster twist in our past? BRILLIANT! :)

I'm easy to please if you are not killing the characters I love. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1