Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick is becoming Shane?

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Aurora, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I shave. Until now I didn't know that made me a psychopath.

#21 westwingnut, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. batongal

batongal Active Member

I do agree with most of the above points but Shane did not shave his head out of guilt. As I recall he shaved it because Otis clung on to his hair for dear life and pulled a junk of it out as Shane tried getting away. I guess Shane did not want to explain to the others how that happened and it also being a reminder to him about what he just did he decides to shave to make the ugly go away. Didn't work though.

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

True, thanks, I had forgotten about that missing patch of hair. Yes, he shaved his head to cover that up. He also took his time doing it, though, looking into his own eyes intently, and I read that as he was thinking about what he had done and feeling as if he was changing and becoming a more ruthless person.

4. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

All I know is, Shane rocked the steamy bathroom scene 100x better than Rick. :zombies_lol:

5. batongal

batongal Active Member

I just think that the move Rick makes at the end is feral Rick. When Pete and Jessie walk by they are side by side and then Pete puts his hand on her back almost as if he's marking his territory -- this woman is mine. Maybe it's not meant that way, maybe he is sending a sign to Rick but Rick being away from society for so long is now feral Rick, takes notice and immediately grabs his gun. It's very animalistic and shows where this guys head is at and how much he's been through.

6. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but do the rules dictate that anything that annoys you isn't allowed? I don't remember reading this passage,could you please direct me to it?

8. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

It is known.

9. DietWater

#teamdelusional

10. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

#Dislike

[​IMG]

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I can smell your full diaper all the way from Georgetown.

12. DietWater

#killingdatgif

[​IMG]

13. Aurora

Aurora Member

When reporting someone. "Report: Spam, Advertising, Harassment, Fighting, Rude Posts. Thread Goes Off Topic. Breaking Forum Rules. This report will be sent to all moderators where we can address the issue."

14. Steppin' Razor

Well you're gonna have to report aloot of people cuz my posts were no different than the majority in the forum. And a few in this thread...

15. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

When they say 'thread goes off topic' it does not mean one post, it means when the thread derails completely for a little while. If every off topic post or snarky comment was reported these forums would be dead.

16. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Heh, I dunno. I mean I love both of those characters.
    Shane was ruthless, Rick has become ruthless. But for the most part I think Rick has retained a degree of level-headedness that compliments his rationalism in a way that Shane didn't.
    The fact that they both covet(ed) women that didn't belong to them
    I dunno if I agree with the 'they both shaved after the shower to illustrate the change in character' thing.
    Obviously that was the symbolism for Shane, but for Rick, it was the throat scene that illustrated his transformation.

17. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

All these gifs from that movie.. my god.

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm more concerned with your posts than the others.
    [MENTION=32972]TyberiusFox[/MENTION] answered your question & you responded with a dislike - TyberiusFox is one of the nicest guys on the forum! And from there you're telling posters to 'get out of your thread' if they don't agree with you.

Hit the rewind button, take a chill pill & start having a conversation instead of getting snappy at everyone..

19. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

You mean this forum sometimes has things go off topic or snarky? No way!

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Of course Rick is not becoming Shane. Rick is Rick & Shane was Shane, two completely different people who experienced completely different things.

Shane was driven by his unhealthy obsession with Lori. He killed Otis (well injured & allowed the walkers to deal with it) to ride back to Hershel's on his white horse, save the day & win back Lori.

Rick has had his home at the Prison demolished by a lunatic in a tank, almost eaten by a group of cannibals & half starved to death on the journey to the ASZ, so of course we should expect a few teething problems while they settle into this new environment.

Shane would have killed everyone in the ASZ as soon as he walked through the gates if he had survived to this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.