Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick is becoming Shane?

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Aurora, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

To be honest, I think the plan is to draw parallels with Shane and have Rick's motive for pursuing Jessie his own jealousy.

So I don't think he's 'becoming' Shane but I definitely think the writers are intentionally mirroring him with Shane right now. As much as I don't really like it, it is a good idea considering Shane's significantly bigger impact on the TV show.

Also, this isn't a personal thing against you, but I've noticed a lot of people spelling 'Jessie' like Jesse. So when people say things like "Rick kisses Jesse," I'm just thinking of

[​IMG]

and not

[​IMG]

2. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I think it's time to start a new, cross-show ship....

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'd ship it. Wtf is Richonne?

4. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Apparently on Tumblr, people were shipping RickxPete as soon as Sunday night.

Must have been the 'let me check you out' line.

Sometimes I feel like it's all too much. :zombies_lol:

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Rick becoming Shane....no.

I did not think that when he touched the gun. Rick went to that party with the intention of playing the role of 'fitting in'. One conversation with the pretty blonde and a kiss on the cheek later he begins to think that fitting in might not be such a bad thing. Further illustrated with his hesitation to take the gun from Carol the following day (a budding psychopath would have snatched that gun from her hand along with the gun Daryl refused to take). Fast forward to his stroll down main street, waving to his new (ugh) crush and both of them displaying their matching "A"s - suddenly realizing that he is forgetting to follow his own advice - never let your guard down. IMO, his touching the gun was a reminder to himself (and an illustration to us the viewer) that he cannot afford to get too comfortable, too complacent, too eager to live a 'normal' life.

I in now way took that moment as Rick contemplating killing Pete for simply being with Jessie.

6. TWDCanDance

TWDCanDance Member

No parallel between Shane and Rick's hair

Guys - Shane shaved his head for an important reason that we see in a later episode. When he shot Otis so the walkers would attack him, Otis pulled a chunk of Shane's hair out. Sure if someone noticed, Shane could say it was a walker - but he already looked suspicious to Dale and possibly other characters. And Shane shaving his head wasn't the moment he "turned" into a bad person; that was back in season ONE when he considered shooting Rick so he could keep Lori and Carl for himself.

I haven't read the comics, but I don't think Rick Grimes getting "de-grimed" was parallel to Shane shaving his head to hide the clump of missing hair that Otis pulled out. My two cents. Rick NEEDED to look human again.

I'm still suspicious of Rick's behavior towards Jessie's drunk A$$ husband; but it felt more about knowing this D-Bag was trouble than staking his claim on Jessie. Whether or not Rick and Jessie end up together remains to be seen; but the good old doc seems like a POS.

7. ClassicGamer

ClassicGamer Member

There is a fundamental difference between Rick and Shane when it comes to them being ruthless. Shane became ruthless because he wanted to show that he was right, because he was going to show Lori how much safer it was for her to be with him than with Rick. And more importantly, Shane became ruthless mere months into the apocalypse, while the apocalypse itself would take a toll on his mental state what really starts his road to "psychopathy"?

Rick coming back and taking Lori and Carl away.

What does Rick go through before becoming a "Psychopath"?

Being in a coma for two months

Finding out that while in said coma everyone he ever knew or cared for, possibly including his wife and child, died and became flesh eating monsters

Finding out that the CDC didn't have a cure, and everyone is doomed to become a Walker regardless of being bit.

Losing the farm, a potential safe haven for his family.

Having his wife die from childbirth.

Having two of his group members kidnapped, and nearly killed.

Fighting a small war with the Governor.

Having the prison, and the community he'd built there, destroyed and being seperated from everyone but his son, while dealing with severe wounds, and thinking his daughter might be dead.

Finding a potential safe haven, only to find out that the people there are cannibals.

And is the abridged version. So tell me, which of these two people really has more cause to be a "psychopath?"

8. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Yes...and its damn good for the show. A polarizing character like Shane is great for a show, and dont come along too often. Shane has been gone almost 4 years and we still talk about him a lot. TWD is more interesting now then its been in a long time. The whole Rick, Lori, Shane thing is gonna happen again, except this time Rick is gonna be Shane. Brilliant move by the writers.

#48 mtito914, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  9. Steppin' Razor

That's a good way of looking at it, never thought of it like that. I really like that angle, and it makes a lot more sense.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Rick thinking of killing Pete at this point in the story would be so out of character for him. Yes, he has changed from season one - as they all have. Carol case in point, talk about changed! But I do not think that Rick has changed so much as to kill a man for his own selfish and testosterone filled agenda. So I went on a search to find others opinions to help me decipher and piece together what else that scene could have been telling us. Like you, I think this scenario is more in line with Rick's character. I suppose we will see in the coming weeks what it really meant.

By the way, see that you are fairly new to the forum, so welcome. Thoughtful input is always appreciated along with a healthy dose of sarcasm and wit :D

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You shave? Every day? OMG! Turn yourself in before it's too late!

12. Morgotha

Quit being such a jerk. Threads go off topic all the time. This is a forum, not your own personal "worship me" society.

13. Steppin' Razor

Thanks, I appreciate the welcome! Looks like I came to the right place then haha. I'm liking it here so far. Never been on a forum with a "dislike" button, kinda excited about that. Lol.

But I agree, Rick has changed quite a bit, but him reaching for his gun out of aggression is a little bit out of line with that change. Hopefully they don't screw it up..

14. Morgotha

Wait. How did Pete get to be a drunk azz all of a sudden? Because he was having a drink on his porch at night? He clearly had Aaron's respect when Aaron talked about him to Noah, so I doubt if he's the town drunk.

And why is he a POS? If your husband saw/heard about/ or felt in some way that some other man was trying to hit on you you don't think he'd get upset? Is that somehow abnormal now?

15. Morgotha

Shane was going to kill his best friend in cold blood to steal his wife. You don't think that's wrong? I mean, if he was a man about it and told Lori his feelings and if she was willing confronted Rick, I'd be ok with it, but to want to shoot him with a rifle? Shane turned into a real dirtbag, and I'm glad he's gone.

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think I have used the 'dislike' button once since joining the forum. I reserve it for when someone is being just a complete asshat, to the degree that my ability to turn the other cheek is compromised LOL

For now, I am sticking by my belief and faith in Gimple's storytelling approach, and that he will not screw up the character of Rick

17. Steppin' Razor

Agreed, it is reserved for asshats.

18. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Dnae! This storyline is just so interesting!!! I can't wait to see how it plays out. LOVERICK.

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I haven't used the dislike button either. If it's a discussion worth having, or debating, I'll respond. Otherwise I'll just move on.

Usually others only seem to use it here when a poster goes off the rails, and that's usually a new person who is probably just trolling the board anyway.

20. Lupey

Lupey Member

First problem is you are watching trev MAPP & Ronny Haze is where you need to be [video=youtube;YTtYaJkFo3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTtYaJkFo3k[/video]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.