Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick making the first move, didn't see that coming

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by mfinley, Mar 8, 2015.

1. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Member

Why do you say that? I can understand the Shane comparison but not the Governor.

2. Maya

Maya Member

Am I the only one that believes it's all part of a plan?

I don't have the intel of the Andrea and Jessie coupling, because I haven't read the comics. So maybe I'm watching this with a different view.
    From what I saw, Rick is taking advantage of Jessie's interest in him.
    For me the big question is why, as I don't believe he's looking for "love" nor a booty call.

3. offrope

offrope Active Member

I kind of think Michonne is going to see Rick's interactions with Jessie, and have a long talk with Rick about it. Then,
    and Richonne begins.

4. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Member

IDK...Last night on the Talking Dead, Alexandra Breckenridge said that previous to their encounter with Judith that Jesse never thought of Rick in a romantic way. That is what is throwing me. I don't know if Jessie is just a touchy, feely, flirty kind of person and Rick took it to mean that she liked him and there were issues with her husband. She is a beautiful woman and I think the combination of him not having had sex in a really long time and not having been drunk in a really long time just made him go for it. I do think he kissed her on the cheek vs lips so that it could be more of her decision if she chose for anything to happen between them. He really does not know what kind of relationship her and her husband have. Its not like you can get a divorce now and his and Lori's relationship was pretty bad at the end too. Do I think pursuing a married woman is right, no but I think he has been taking caring of other people for so long he just doesn't give a crap and is doing something for his self right now. I think all of them have some sort of PTSD going on right now and this is Ricks.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

When exactly did you see Rick "Aim his gun" at Pete?

In the episode I watched last night he didn't actually do anything at all?

Really!

6. jabroni

jabroni New Member

stuff and things happened in this show I guess, but I found it kind of boring. I think its necessary for the gang to jump the gun a little here and there or were going to be in for some boring shows ahead

7. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the boring (hospital arc) storylines are behind us. These last three or four episodes have been awesome!

I think the "creep factor" makes it interesting, and scary, even tho they aren't killing lots of zombies or people now.

8. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

Personally, I thought that was silly of her to say. Of course, we can't all operate on the notion that men and women can't have legitimately friendly interactions with each other without it being sexual and/or romantic, but from our perspective, we only saw her aim her tractor beam at Rick. There are plenty of other people (men and women, of course) in our group that she could be conversing with, but again, from our perspective, it certainly seems like she is seeking Rick out. I know this is just the show's way of putting them together, but at the same time, I don't think it's any coincidence that her and Rick have had multiple one-on-one run ins with each other.

9. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Member

You are right. I should have said acted like he was going to aim his gun at Pete.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I hear ya!

It was clearly implied but there is a huge difference between thinking about it......maybe and doing it too.

11. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Same sensations I've been having in the last few epis and especially this last one.

12. Steppin' Razor

Yea, him makin the first move was kinda weird, was not expecting that. But when he put his hand on his gun while watching them, that made absolutely no sense at all to me. Was kinda stupid actually.

13. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

Yes lets just imagine for a moment...... (Que - dream sequence)

ASZ is actually a community where our little group resides (same as the prison)

Rick decides to let in some strangers who really look like they need a break and a place to stay. (Tyrese and co going to the prison)

Now pick a couple....

Rick/Laurie
    Maggie/Glen etc.

The leader of this new group, makes a pass at one of the women in the couple's above.
    How would we react, seeing that? Kill the guy, am I right?

Now imagine one of this new group of people sneaking around into the weapons locker. Maybe Carl (younger version) or another of the beloved kids back at the prison catches this person sneaking around and they are threatened similar to what Carol did.

How would we react, seeing that? Kill the guy, am I right?

See the pattern here.

14. T_S_A_R

T_S_A_R New Member

There's no way Rick made the first move.

Jessie walked up to him with the baby which plants the idea of a mom for Judith in his head, then slowly leaned in close. Rick kissed her but she totally set it up for him to do it (which is usually how things work).

15. thewalkrstalkr

thewalkrstalkr New Member

I don't know I think they both kind of went for it. I think its going to be a big conflict between Rick and Jessie's husband.

16. thewalkrstalkr

yup pretty much. Every time he finds civilization he gets all gross.

17. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Rick's had no action for a while, so maybe he just tried his luck.

18. thewalkrstalkr

yeah but that still deosn't make it a good idea

19. JohnD

JohnD Member

Well, think about all the emotional damage Rick has suffered so far. He might not look at female members of "the group" that way because they're "family" now.

But here's the first woman in 2+ years he hasn't survived with and fought off all threats, and she knocked on his door and cut his hair. The first person not a threat or not part of his family he's met in 2+ years. I'm sure there's all kinds of confusion going on inside the brain box.

20. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Member

Everyone keeps saying that it is out of character for Rick. How do we know that? Pre-Apocolypse he may have been a real dog. Wasn't it also implied that him and Lori were having issues before he was shot too?