Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick saving eugene from carter...

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by runcornwalker, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Rocky

Rocky Member

She may well not have told anyone but Deane did at the town meeting just before Reg had his throat cut. Even if half the group missed it, Carol was there as was Abe so I guess they would have mentioned it at some point.

Edit: Typos

#21 Rocky, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  2. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Oh my god, I totally forgot that Deanna said it at the meeting, LOL. I really need to rewatch it.

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

:zombies_lol:

I tip my hat to you, sir.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

She probably didn't tell them. If she did, that would be such a shocking display of common sense they'd probably save it for the season finale.

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thanks, Morgotha, for pointing out that Deanna told the meeting group! I also missed that that was news to our group.

When Maggie overheard and didn't immediately let Rick know how much of a danger FG was, I was stunned. The only thing I could come up with that would make her not put the group first, was that she was pregnant. I thought she could distance herself from Rick if she needed to have a safe place to stay with a baby. I thought if Deanna believed FG and threw the group out, Maggie would have to keep a very low, uncontroversial profile to be able to make a pitch for Glen and herself to be allowed to stay.

Now other people are also guessing she is pregnant for not taking on parade duty, so I really think Maggie only told Glen about FG's villany.

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Deanna did tell the entire meeting though.
    She said that so far everything Gabriel said seemed to be coming true but right then Pete whacks Reg and the rest is history.

7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Don't over analyze it.

8. Lindigo

lol That's what we all do. :)

9. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I don't. I just enjoy the show for what it is. Very entertaining.

10. Lindigo

Yes, it is!

11. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Oh really?

First of all, Carter has no idea how life's like nowadays and yet continues to act like the big tough guy here even though he's a weakling in this world. He calls Rick dangerous, but he hasn't experienced anything about the outer world yet so far - so yeah, a man made to have the mindset of "kill to survive" will look extremely dangerous to him. IMO tho his judgement is clouded. He hasn't experienced so far what horror it is outside. The dead and the living are all enemies now. Even though Rick has a huge temper nowadays, he was right - they had to step up their game in order to keep on surviving [like in cases with the Wolves] and who else but Rick could lead and train them into that?

The flaw this town has/had is that almost every single one is thinking with a mindset that suited the world before the apocalypse. Things have changed. It's a different world now. If you try to be humane at any cost you'll die [or get your group members killed]. I wouldn't call Rick dangerous per se. Not all the time, at least. And definitely not Wolves-dangerous.

Second of all, Eugene has barely anything to do with Rick being dangerous. The only mistake he made was eavesdropping [and getting caught]. Carter was being a massive d*ck by holding him at gunpoint for something as little as that. IMO he's too ***** to actually pull the trigger, but first he complains Rick is dangerous and then he holds a loser at gunpoint. Uhuh.

On-topic: Rick 'values' everyone in his group. Including Eugene, regardless if he lied or not. After all, Eugene has so far proven himself useful with his intelligence. Plus, at least he's trying. He's willing to try not to be a coward anymore.

12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Eugene saved Glenn and Tara twice. First time was in the tunnel.
    If he wouldn't have tricked Rosita to drive in circles, they would not have met Maggie and gang. Then Glenn and Tara would have died in the tunnel.
    He's a smart man.

13. Berry

Berry Member

Deanna told the group what Gabriel said during the meeting. Rick wasn't there, but most of his group was, so they probably told him later. If Maggie was part of that discussion, she could have filled in the details.

That's assuming Maggie hadn't said anything first. (If it were me, I'd have told Rick first thing what Gabriel said about the group).

#33 Berry, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015