Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick says Shane did it to himself

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by John2find, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Syphon

Syphon Member

Nope, she's a douchebag. Learning how to use a gun doesn't change one's personality, so idk why you brought that up.

2. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Shane was nuts. He was over the edge nuts. He started cracking well before Rick even came back. I say again, when Dale told Shane he was made for this world, he couldn't have been more wrong. Shane was falling apart from the get go. He said himself that Lori and Carl were the only things that kept him sane and going...only I think he didn't get it that the sane part didn't work. Anyway, there was no saving that. He was never going to stop, so yeah, Rick had to kill him or he was going to get killed.

3. boutte

boutte Active Member

Shane was a true villain. Even when he was in charge he was a dictator and a bully.

4. JohnD

JohnD Member

What's hard to understand about this?

5. NavyLily01

NavyLily01 New Member

LOL. Shane was trying to move on but Lori had to go put the 'we can be together if Rick were gone' thoughts back into Shane's head. Now I was never a big Shane fan but he understood what it took to keep the people you care about safe. But I lay the blame for his death at Lori's manipulative actions. I am unsure if she wanted Shane dead or just gone from the group but now his death will always be between her and Rick.
    [h=1][/h]

6. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Rick was correct and what he did was justified. All of it falls on Shane. He f*****d his best friend's wife.Never manned up and apologized for doing it or and asked for Rick's forgiveness.From day one Shane wasn't all that happy that Rick returned to his wife and son. He didn't like that the group started to turn to Rick for answers/ leadership. He pulled a gun on Rick and held it there until Dale busted him out. The constant arguments with Rick. The continued coveting of Rick's wife and son even after Rick had returned and he and Lori had slept together. Tried to rape Lori even though they were over and she made her decision to stay with Rick.Shane still was obsessing over her and Carl. Rick's little talk with him telling him how Lori was his wife and Carl his son and the unborn baby was his.Meant nothing to Shane, he was too far gone. Let's face it. Shane tried to kill his best friend for the second time with that big ass wrench he threw Rick's way and throwing down that police motorcycle down on Rick.He had already decided then he wasn't going to do what Rick wanted him to.Rick gave him so many chances to come home and back to what they had. Shane would have none of it. So when Rick killed him. Shane had what was coming to him and had to die.

#26 Roman'sRevenge, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  7. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

^ I agree with Roman. Rick gave him so many chances and Shane was losing his mind. In my opinion, Rick was too easy on Shane.
    But I also blame Lori for putting those thoughts back into his head when she came to talk to him while he was working on the windmill.Lori was just apoligizing to herself. She didn't even notice how Shane was acting after said that. And I also think that the virus was starting to eating away at Shanes brain. But if Lori hadn't gone and f***** everything up after Rick had seemingly patched things up with him. But It was just prolonging the enevitable.

8. Zombie Dragoness

Zombie Dragoness New Member

Shane forced Rick's hand & its clear that Rick will struggle with it weather he understands it was justified or not, i just hope he can get over it & put it behind HIM. i dont think it was the leading of the group he has an issue with i think it was the WAY that Shane would have led the group & the killing of Otis was the start of it all, he knew that he would never be able to trust sending anyone out with Shane ever again regardless if the whole thing with luring him out ever happened or not, Shane was on his way out one way or enother, if he hadnt been killed he would have still prolly have been exhiled or something like that eventually.

i wasnt going to mention Lori at risk of igniting a Lori hate discussion LOL, but she is the one that practically asked Rick to off Shane, not only that but i think she purposly set up a showdown (by playing them mentally) & did anyone see the way Shane was smacking himself around before he took Randal? Geeze i was like... gawd o_O. then she reacts like WTF when he tells her what he had to do like it was the last thing she expected him to do...??? huh???

#28 Zombie Dragoness, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  9. Enigma

Enigma New Member

I don't think Rick had a choice in the end. It was kill or be killed but I believe a lot of the blame should be placed at Lori's feet. She just couldn't seem to stay away from Shane- always looking to talk to him when he was alone... I just think she confused the confused man even more!

10. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

Yes, he clearly was at peace with the situation but then Lori started talking to him again about her feelings in 212 which caused Shane to go batshit crazy. It also didn't help that Shane had the maturity of a 5 year old. So yes it was Lori's fault.

11. SerenitysMommy

I think she was playing both those boys. Shed go talk to Shane, get him more confused and more pissed off, more unstable, then go back and talk to Rick. In the end, I think she was trying to pin them against each other. Shes the one who seemed to have a problem with them co-existing. Guess she got her wish...now only one of them is left standing.

12. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

Clearly it was Shane's undoing by his own hand. Rick was absolutely right when he said " You did this to us". Shane f****d his best friend's wife without giving it a second thought. Kept that little secret until Rick called him out on it. Never asked or begged for Rick's forgiveness doing so. Continuing to covet and to obsess over Rick's wife and tried to rape her. Tried to kill his best friend not once but twice and a weak ass third attempt. Shane had it coming he sealed his fate and his death warrant.

13. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Eventhough Lori played a roll in the things that happened, in the end it was Shane that made the decisions that got himself killed.

14. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Suicide by Cop.... Suicide by Best Friend who's wife you slept with Cop....

15. Chreees

Chreees Member

Shane went crazy and was in the wrong, clearly. He got what was coming to him.

16. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Shane had what it takes to survive in a zombie world. Has he ever made a bad decision?? Even Dale said so. I hope Rick becomes more like Shane.

17. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Shane had nothing it took to survive in a zombie world. That's why he went crazy. Shane was a weak minded man full of fear. It's people like Rick that survive. That's why in both the show and the comic Shane is dead and Rick is still going strong. Shane always chose the easy way out. I mean, look what happened in the end. He was all talk and got put down like the rabid dog that he was by the better man.

18. SerenitysMommy

Well, to say the least, now with Shane gone, it makes things much easier on Lori. She no longer has to figure out whos kid shes carrying, no akward conversations 13 years from now when the little kid asks why he/she looks exactly like Uncle Shane....you ask me, Lori got exactly what Lori wanted....only one is left standing. Now they can go back to being a happy ZA family.

19. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

I think he helped the group out more times then not. He wasn't all talk.

20. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

Wrong. In all honesty the only ones he gave a damn and cared about wer Lori and Carl. Time and time again he made that perfectly clear. Thing was he never got and understood was that they were never his. They were Rick's wife and son. Even when Rick returned to the camp and after Shane continued to try and play husband and daddy. Clearly showing how far gone he truly was. And had to be killed.