Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick Vs. Carol, Who has better Craycray?

Discussion in 'Episode 1003 - Ghosts' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

In this cornuhhhhhhh, we have Rick's hallucinations....

In this cornuhhhhh, we have Carol's?? Whose were better, more believable?

All the kids at the table on the book cover were Sophia, Henry, Sam, Lizzie, and Mika. And when Carol walk's downstairs in her last dream, where Daryl tells her to buy jam, the table and background are similar to background of book cover: A wall with a large picture of flowers on it.

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Carol's were actually nicely done and with pretty sombre atmosphere. Rick's were garbage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I loved Carol's crashing! OMG, Daryl fixing breakfast! Then it was heartbreaking to realize Carol was tormented by sleep because she would be reunited with her son and then have to wake up to his loss all over again.

Whenever Carol was coming down the stairs, I thought she might still be dreaming. I was confused whether she was seeing real walkers or hallucinating them. I like that I was the one who was so uncertain of what was real. They did such a good job with Carol's two worlds.

But I also loved Rick's phone calls and his utter desolation. I can't pick a favorite. They're both tens for me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

RICK for the win

Rick's hallucinations are organic in nature

Carol has to depend on pills to induce hallucinations

Of course I am woman enough to admit that I struggle with liking Carol - I just cannot seem to forgive stupid comic book Carol LMAO!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I have to vote for Rick too. His was more on the PTSD side and hers has a lot to do with being medicated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Hard to choose. Both had to do with trying to grapple with losing people they loved. Rick’s cray came easily in the early days of the ZA when he wasn’t as hardened. Carol had gone through losing a lot of loved ones by this time. She had steeled herself to the reality of the times she was living in and may have repressed the cray if it wasn’t for her being on those pills which allowed things to come to the forefront.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NakedCity

Really?

That was pretty weak to me. :)

8. Neuropyramidal

So what was real and what wasn't. At first I just took for granted that the hanging upside down booby trap was a hallucination, and what really happened was Carol just shot a few walkers and fell due to exhaustion. However, they did show us at the end that the walker that had been shot looked like the one that walked up to Carol while she hung. And Chris Hardwick said on TTD "so Carol really did shoot a whisperer while she was upside down" [paraphrased], and Angela said "yes....she did".

I'm still unconvinced that the booby trap was real and that she was really upside down. But now I'm not totally sure. But when Daryl arrived and you see all the bodies around I don't remember seeing the piece of furniture or whatever it was that fell to the ground in order to pull Carol up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Ugh, I didn't read this before posting my question about the final scene. I thought the shot Walker came from Carol's encounter with them in the woods, didn't remember the gym.

10. barbell43

barbell43 Member

Question - when Daryl found Carol in the gym, was she surrounded by walker bodies?

11. Neuropyramidal

Yes, there were bodies all over the floor.

12. barbell43

barbell43 Member

Thank you. When they returned to Alexandria, they simply told Siddiq that she fell on glass. I wasn't sure that the walker bodies were real!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

We gotta subdivide Rick's... he had quite a few! The phone calls were brilliant, I thought, such a surreal feel to that episode. Lori in the white dress everywhere was lame, and his final hallucinations before he nearly died of blood loss, were pretty awesome. (I just wished he had a chance to see Glenn and Carl as well, but hey.) Worst hallucinations ever on the show, were Tyreese's, imo. :confused: And Carol's were the best blurred-line ones. They kept you guessing and double guessing for sure!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I think I am the only person who liked What Happened and What's Going On.

15. NakedCity

Oh I wasn't thinking about those! Yeah that was great.

• Agree Agree x 2