Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick VS. Maggie as Gimples Goodbye Gift?

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Bandit-One, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Bandit-One

Bandit-One New Member

Hi guys,

I'm new here (at least as an active, signed-up member). A big hello to you all first!

Been watching the TV-Series from the start 8 years ago. Also following the Comic Books (didn't catch up on the latest few issues though).

It's been discussed, but what I most disliked about the last episode was of course the sudden tension between Rick and Maggie. There have been quarrels between our characters, there have been different point of views from them. But mostly the deep core stayed together or at least got themselves together eventually. But this new direction is not to my liking and quite out of Maggie's character. I always liked her (not the comic book Maggie though). But I don't like where this is going.

It feels like Gimple just threw that in as a goodbye gift to the new showrunner (Bye Folks....I'm just gonna create some unecessary tension in between our group. Have fun resolving this next season!)

Of course I'll tune in when Season 9 starts. The show is not as good as it was. But still fun. And there's a lot worse entertainment on TV than this. Until then I'll rewatch the first 8.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Welcome! Yeah, it will get resolved, but I'm loving Maggie's intensity and determination in this moment.

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I don't buy this whole thing myself.
    We have been mislead like this before and I think it is just to get us fired up for the next season and nothing will happen at all.
    our family is not going to fight each other?

And Welcome to our madness too!

#3 EZD, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Reina

Reina Active Member

I took it as somehow a segue into the Negan and Maggie comic interaction. That hasn't happened on the show yet. Maybe I'm wrong. I often am.

Why do you think Gimple would want to do that to the new showrunner?

5. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this. I think the scene was presented as much more ominous than it will turn out to be. I just don't believe that any of those 3 would even contemplate killing Rick or Michonne, let alone try. At best, I think they may try to go behind Rick to kill Negan, and/or voice their disagreement with Rick's decision, creating some sort of tension and conflict, but not a physical mutiny or coup, or pitting one community against another. In short, it was cliffhanger-y fodder meant to keep us peons guessing in the off season.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! And I would hope he wouldn't intentionally sabotage it like that. :(

7. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

You kinda had me until you said "but not a physical mutiny" because the mutiny does have Daryl on Maggie's side and he and Rick just recently got into a fistfight over Negan's weapons munitions.

I can easily see Daryl and Rick getting into another physical altercation with how to deal with Negan as he and Maggie have a reason to feel the way they do. Hell they all have their reasons to feel the way they do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

But this is exactly why this is such a stupid and petty diversion trick on us too!

Rick hardly planned the whole ting and is clearly inside of the mindset to kill negan too but something called him not to in the heat of the fight,they still can now but if he had killed him that is a little harder to take back.

9. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right, I could see a fist fight happening, but when I wrote that I meant a murder attempt on Rick. I just don't believe they will plot to assassinate Rick or Michonne

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bandit-One

Bandit-One New Member

Well, he just got promoted. But which is what I think actually a demotion. I don't know how much influence he has / had on the scripts, but I can picture him in my head trying to mess with the audience after his "promotion". Hopefully I'm totally wrong about it and he handled it completely professional, because it would't be fair to the fans and even less fair for the new showrunner. Just can't get this picture out of my head now. We'll find out in a few months, how serious this new tension between Team Rick and Team Maggie will get.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Maggie said, ''...we will get strong and then we will make our move...'' (or something like that).

My interpretation is that she will build up Hilltop to become a stronger community, especially their fighting capability, which she will use not to overturn Rick's ASZ but to finish off Negan for good. This is a 1st of her 2-part plan.

Part 2 is her 'move'. I think she will not kill Negan as a direct confrontation with Rick. Rick's plan is to keep Negan alive and detained so that Negan could suffer by watching how beautiful the world that Rick can build according to his terms but not to Negan's ideals. Maggie is counting on a cut-loose Negan trying to create havoc. Then Maggie will confirm to everyone that Negan has never repented and so she could kill him with a strong force from Hilltop.

I am not saying this is actually going to happen in the story ahead but I think this is Maggie's plan at the moment.

• Like Like x 1