Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick Was Right

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by Franklin, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Franklin

Franklin Member

I'm really annoyed how Rick is now portrayed as being gone too far. The community knows Pete is beating his wife. Why would anyone defend Pete and knockout Rick? Pete threw the first punch after Rick asked Pete to leave peacefully. He criticized Deanna and Alexandria for allowing people to die for no reason. Michonne had no right to knock Rick out. He was speaking the truth. Deanna's people run away when Walkers appear and let people die when they could be saved. Her son had people killed during runs. They have no idea how bad it is on the outside. Exiling Pete is not the answer because we have seen many bad people return to cause harm.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They could have just exiled him with his hands super glued to his manboobs.

3. Franklin

Franklin Member

Rick was at least nice and smart enough to allow him to leave in a different house to keep an eye on him and to stop him from beating his wife.

4. Neuropyramidal

In this situation allowing him to live in the safe zone but separately from his wife, might be even more dangerous than exiling him.

Especially if his hands aren't super glued to his moobs.

5. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Even without the domestic violence, I would have sent Pete to the stocks, just for his weasily smile. Then I'd teach him all the way.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I don't understand why they don't set up a jail. if you are going to hire police you should have a jail. Deanna didn't really think that through. You are setting up police for failure if you aren't making a jail for criminals. Simple solution is to send pete to Jail.

What the heck was Deanna's plan anyway for Rick to discipline people who broke the rules or were a danger?

The writers seem to have a fetish for doctor's who know they can abuse their power because they are needed.

#6 Spidey, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Charmander

Charmander Member

I agree with Rick, but from their perspective, he's a newcomer who was immediately put into an authority position, which I'm sure a lot of them wouldn't be happy about. He didn't do himself any favours with how he acted in front of everyone, but of course that just shows how over the edge he is and how hard he's finding the sudden switch to normality.
    Michonne had to knock him out before he shot someone or said something that got him thrown out.
    If he'd calmly spoke to Deanna about it and explained what had happened with Noah and Aiden then that might have put him and the group in a better light, but that wouldn't make for good TV. :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Deanna's kinda f**king the dog on this one. Firstly for "hiring" someone to be a "constable" without actually putting any thought into a justice system for him to be a part of, d secondly, if she paid any attention to eh info Aaron would've been bringing back, she should know that Rick is ruthless and doesn't suffer fools.
    Between this and her supposed ability to read people, she should've seen this coming a mile away and not even have put him in the position of law man.
    Now me? I'm pro Rick 100%.
    I wanna see him sort out Pete and then give the ladies what they want...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Prufrock

Jail would be too easy- you wouldn't have to contribute to the community, while still receiving meals, shelter and safety. Hard labor is where I'd have folks. I'm not sure if I'd want that person reintegrating into my teeny tiny, weak society- especially those with violent tendencies.

10. rustybag

rustybag Member

.....chocolate? :)

11. jabroni

jabroni New Member

Deanna wants to rebuild society,a society which doesn't execute people for domestic violence issues.

I hope at the pow wow someone takesthe time to explain to Deanna the actual struggles they have faced in the "real world" instead of just saying something like "you don't understand what its like out there" . if she heard the full story of the governor and terminates and joes group she might have a better idea of everything she apparently does understand.

12. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Sexual chocolate...

13. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

She should know this already if she had someone watching and listening in on them for a week or two while screening them. She should know exactly what they're about. (Well I guess in so much as this stuff was talked about by the group in that time. Surely this would've came up in the interviews when they arrived as well.
    It shouldn't need to be explained to her though.
    But then I guess that's the big thing with her character: that despite what she thinks of her self, she IS a deeply flawed leader and these flaws are about to be shown up in bright lights very soon.

And if they did have a good leader without these flaws, we wouldn't have the show we've got.

14. Neuropyramidal

I think our little community isn't quite advanced enough for a jail yet. That might be a luxury for a bit more organized society. First, it wouldn't be all that easy to build an escape proof jail. Any makeshift jail they build in a house or basement or something would probably have weaknesses, and a prisoner has not much else to do other than look for weaknesses. Plus he'd need guards, and he'd constantly be hollering about being freed, making an already tense living situation even more stressful for the survivors. And the first time some untrained resident opened the door to take his poop bucket or food tray, and didn't pay attention for a few seconds, boom, he's free. I think a jail at this stage is a ticking time bomb for a violent offender. Maybe for petty theft, or cheating on his taxes, it would work. :p

15. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

But then again, while ageing with your points, letting a violent offender go on offending isn't exactly peachy either.
    Given that Rick is the only person in ASZ with actual law enforcement knowledge and experience from prior to the outbreak, you'd think this along with his experience post outbreak would make him a man uniquely qualified to take this situation in hand.

16. Neuropyramidal

I wasn't suggesting he be let to go on offending. I was suggesting death or exile.

17. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

In terms of offending, what do you reckon about Nicholas & Aiden and their leaving people behind to die in order to save themselves more than once on runs?

Something they get away with scot free since the only witnesses other than themselves up to the last run was themselves and now it's a them against me argument where the witnesses are probably going to become persona non grata anyhoo on account of recent events.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Teach him.... all the way.

19. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

All the way to a kick in the nuts. In the stocks for five days.
    With a kick to the nuts every hour on the hour 24 hours a day.
    If that doesn't teach him, I don't know what will...

20. Prufrock

lol, imagine a tax form at ASZ-
    1A- how many walkers have you saved us from?
    2A- How many recruits have you brought in
    1B- How many artworks have you donated to our community? (This includes owl sculptures, but not Natalie and Bob Miller's belly button lint sculptures.)
    2B- How many pasta makers have you brought in?