Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick... What the heck man?

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Emdier, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I am all for the Ricktator, but his interactions with Jesse this episode seemed so out of character.

He has shown, so many times over, that his number one priority is his kids, closely followed with the group that he considers family. He is the one that will do anything to keep them safe, our hero although he does stray from the pure good guy path.

But the way he's acting with her? Making the first move? Especially knowing she is married with kids? And the way he was reaching for him gun?

You expect me to buy that just because she's pretty and has some interest he's willing to screw up everything, just to sleep with her? Especially considering how loyal he has proven himself to be, and from how he reacted to Lori and Shane he is NOT someone who would be going after a married woman. It just seems to wrong. I get the whole "They've been out there too long, they don't think the same anymore" but his true loyalty has always been to his family, I just don't see him throwing that away on a whim.

What in the heck is with that? Not cool, writers. Not cool.

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah it seems they are combining the romance between Rick and comic Andrea and Jessie together. Rick kissed Andrea in that same exact manner in the comic to kick off their romance. If he doesn't act on it any further until a certain event happens it should be fine.

3. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

The Governor didn't give a rat about all that.
    So why should Rick?

That's my theory, that Rick started to acquire the Governor's personality way back in that "Too Far Gone" episode at the prison. That's when his mind crossed the line to become the person he had fought against all his life, he literally is Too Far Gone then as he became one of the predators. It took time to materialize but the claimers, Terminus and the Hospital scene helped strengthen his new-found belief system.

4. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

Yeah that caught me off guard... WAY off guard. And i actually thought it was a d##k move. I mean, i get it, its been awhile, theyre relaxing, and blending. But he doesnt know this girl, or her husband and their lives together, a bit shady And i was a lil disappointed in him. BUT, with that said, it was kinda nice to see him stop and think about himself for even just a moment.

5. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Character assassination at it's finest.

6. JMac

JMac Member

Yeah, it caught me off guard as well- but they have to start developing the love interest thing- just seemed to be a lil fast for my likes. They are setting something up, why so soon? Who knows.. Maybe he knows something we don't know. Highly unlikely tho!

7. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

Ya know, ur probably right, being that they seem to be accumulating numerous secrets n missions amongst eachother, but it did seem innocent n genuine atm . I also get that they're

8. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

Lets see:
    Maggie - Glenn
    Rosita - Abe
    Tara - doesn't fly that kite
    Sasha - Bob

Besides Michonne, Rick has had slim pickings. In a world where you have survived being in a coma after being shot, a man in an eye patch in a tank destroying your home, being captured by a group of rapist biker thugs, almost being eaten by cannibals, and potentially being eaten by millions of zombies everyday - you got to live in the moment. Besides, she is the one offering him "haircuts"! Lol give the guy a break!

#8 DGribble19, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

Right? Of all the newcomers, why offer only Rick a haircut? Eugene's hair is long too, why didn't she cut his? Oh right, cause he doesn't have the sexuality she needs.

Plus, Rick can sense something wrong with their relationship (the way her husband cut her off in the middle of the conversation). It's typical of an Alpha male like Rick to come to the rescue of a helpless (and very attractive) young mother.

10. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

Agreed, I don't think enough time has gone by for Rick to be so far gone that he would consider murdering an innocent man just so he could take his wife, when a few months ago he was growing vegetables and trying to turn Carl away from violence. Did Terminus really turn him into a soulless animal? I'm not buying into it.

Hey - who else thought the red "A" was a nod to The Scarlet Letter? Like, he was staring at his hand and thinking about adultery there at the end...

11. TheTunnelRunner

I guess I could understand a LITTLE if Jessie looked like Lori. Judith should be a constant reminder to the whole group to NEVER go there, anyway!

12. charlbomb

charlbomb New Member

He was also once not the kind to kill people. But no he is. He was also the one who wouldn't leave people to die, but now he his. He's changed. And in many ways for the bad. Why didn't people complain when he said he'd just take over the place? But I don't think he wants to kill the husband to get the girl. I think that's a misinterpretation of his actions. I think him grabbing his gun was simply him rethinking about needing it in the first place and wondering if Daryl is right. Then he hears the walker outside which probably convinces him it was.

And there's been enough time since Lori's death for him to be attracted to someone. Especially someone who reminds him of his past life that they once wanted.

13. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

That growing vegetables was before "too far gone."
    That's when things started to change in a slow and subtle way.

Today I believe Rick would kill her husband, just has to wait for the right moment, no doubt in my mind.

14. NZWD

NZWD New Member

I thought that he was thrown off by this letter A stamped on his hand as it took him back to the terminus train carriage.

15. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Lay off him, man. He is freaking horny. Hasn't had any in years.

16. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I was just waiting for Pete to punch Rick out of nowhere, lol.

17. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

That's ricks Bytch now! Pete is gonna have to accept it or die

18. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Rick is still very feral and this scene is a clear example of that. Of course he's not thinking. He's in ****ing caveman mode lol. It's the old club the husband over the head and drag the bitch by her hair.

19. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the impression I got too. And it would make more sense for the letter "A" to remind them of Terminus because of their desperateness to reach that "sanctuary" believing they were going to be a part of a community again. It was a lie, a farce, and Rick seeing the "A" again is reminded that no community is safe in this world.

Then you have the last scene where he can hear the one walker on the other side. He looks at the "A" again, and there you have it. He knows it's only a matter of time before more walkers show up.

20. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

Rick hasn't got laid for several years. Jessie is definitely flirting with him. The tension is there. If she's game-- why not?