Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick... What the heck man?

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Emdier, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I didn't like Rick's willlingness to kiss her. It seemed very out of character.

2. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I would be ok with all of what Rick is doing...whether it is just cautious or crazy cautious or even taking the place over for its own good. All of it...Except him hitting on someone else's wife after being there literally only hours.

I am just not buying it and if that is what causes things to go downhill for the group in Alexandria, I am gonna be pissed.

3. Team Maggie

Team Maggie Member

Let's not put all the blame on Rick. Jesse is flirting as well. ALSO, lets remember this was a kiss on the cheek!! The eye contact that was made after was more intimate than the kiss itself. She has been out of her way nice to him, he sees her with his child, let him kiss the woman on the cheek.

All the being said, he is probably going to kill her husband at some point and take her from him...

4. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Yep I thought of the scarlet letter too it felt so appropriate. This storyline Makes Rick look like a ass who is incapable of rational thinking because this blonde chick turns up and is strutting around like Her lady parts are made of gold. Having Rick behave like he has a permanent hard on for her is ruining the show, it doesn't Fit his character or the direction we are told the story is following.

5. straysd0ntsleep

Am I the only that thinks there may be more to his forced interactions with her? And why they are coming off as so...forced? Because maybe Rick IS purposely forcing it for some reason not yet known to the viewers? And I'm not crazy when I see his expressions every time she looks away or walks away. After the "cookie" exchange with the little boy and Jessie walks away, Rick gets a look. I can't explain it. Almost like he's forming a plan.

And that look he gives her after he flashes his hand and before he reaches for his gun? He looks absolutely disgusted. I know I sound crazy. But there might be a reason Gimple strayed from the comic Rick/Jessie thing and has Rick initiating the "romance" instead if it is in fact a romance at all.

Pete has showed signs of being a dick. Did you guys not see that very small (but significant) moment that passed when Jessie was going to go get refills but Pete volunteered instead? His complete demeanor and tone changed and a look was passed between the two of them. Seems odd he would purposely leave his wife alone with Rick.

Idk, just a thought. This may not be genuine on Rick's behalf. (I prefer to believe this than to believe that they made him completely OOC)

#25 straysd0ntsleep, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  6. Cinest

Cinest Member

Rick broke character this episode for sure. I got a creepy, evil feeling. I don't like the way this is going. Our beloved group is going to become the bad guys, ugh Rick is Negan.

7. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

If Rick is tortured and apprehensive, his facial expression doesn't convey that. You know how some women have "resting bitch face"? Rick always looks to me like he's about to laugh. His mouth is always open and a little turned up at the corners. Maybe he has "resting amused face".

8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I wonder if Rick ever takes into account that Pete is the only doctor when he palms his gun? He should stop and think before he starts screwing around with the guy's wife. Why make an enemy of the man when he or a member of his "family" might need the Doc's services? If Jesse wants to leave her husband for any number of reasons, that's her business but Rick should never be the cause of it.

9. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Excellent points!

And excellent points above too by strays

10. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I'm having the same reaction as a lot of you guys: Dude, WTF? I mentioned this on another thread, but if Rick is ruled by what's between his legs instead of what's between his ears, how are the group members who want this to work out going to react? He jeopardizes everything b/c he gets a raging obsession for a woman he just met?

Re: the "I'll get us refills" moment: I read that as Jessie wanting to be the one to pour (and thus determine) the alcohol, which makes me think that Pete has a drinking problem, she knows it, and he's very defensive about it.

It's really hard for me to envision Rick actively pursuing someone else's wife, much less toy with the idea of planting the husband like a daisy patch. So maybe there's something going on. But the camera watches him watching her, and his look doesn't seem to be a pragmatic, "Let's work the possible attraction angle for a higher purpose" air to it.

11. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

I like your point about the alcohol. Perhaps he was drunk that night on the porch and then again at the party, you might be right. On the talking dead Jessie mentioned their marriage was currently rocky.

However I cant imagine any situation that we may have yet to learn where that forced out of character kiss from Rick might actually be a justifiable action.

12. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

That would explain the difference in his demeanor from the porch to the party.

ETA: I mean that Jess' husband did not appear drunk at the start of the party, hence his more sociable attitude.

#32 westwingnut, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  13. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I feel old fashioned when I say this ^^^ or that this whole episOde feels very forced and out of place like it was a different show

14. Busted Flipflop

I interpreted Rick's behavior as being primal. Very cave-man like. In past tribal communities people fought to survive and fight for what they want. We see this with animals. And Rick's crew has very much become tribal. The old rules are gone and he's operating on getting what he wants and needs.

But as others mentioned it all seems rather rushed. The best romances are the unexpected ones. The ones which "grow" for a very long time, you know like Carson and Mrs. Hughes (but that's a total different show genre, I jest). So that's why I'd rather he be primal with Michionne rather than an outsider. Besides I've gotten a little possessive with our characters. I'd like to tell Rick to stick with his own lol!

15. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

Is anyone thinking open marriage? Maybe Pete is into Rick too?

16. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

guaranteed rick is going to do exactly what his old buddy Shane did and say the husband is too weak to take care of her and the children so Rick will try to kill the husband and take his woman and protect her. That is where the writers are taking us, full Shane circle.

17. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

I got the Shane vibe at the end of the episode when he looked at them walking away and he reaches for the stolen gun

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Not just that, but her husband is the town doctor. Shoot your only doctor? Even the Governor wouldn't waste resources like that.

19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I can't understand why the huge reaction to a simple peck on the cheek?

He took his baby from her and said thank you and that is all.

Everything else is just wild conjecture from the show that I watched.

Further the scene where Rick is walking at night and Pete asks him if he is the one his wife gave the haircut to was again a simple question and I didn't really get the sense he was being a "Porch Dick" as many seem to?

They are way out of their element right now and just a few days ago were on the verge to starving to death on the road,how are they supposed to be?

I think it seems pretty realistic,they are like Fish who have been out of water for too long and are just trying to acclimate to life around other people who are not an immediate threat for a change.

20. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

You must be one of those guys that women have to hit over the head to let you know they like you.

There was some serious Rick-smoldering (also known as eye-fu(#ing) followed by Jesse-blush-flirting after that peck, all with prolonged eye contact. It was unmistakably sexual.