Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick... What the heck man?

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Emdier, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but I didn't feel that Jessie was really on board. To me, at that instant she saw her marriage flashing before her eyes, maybe not great, but over if she went down that path. LOL, maybe I'm reading into it much? Anyway, I got a much different vibe from her than I did when she was flirting over the haircut. Kind of the difference between a fun fantasy and a "this is for real" vibe.

2. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

A kiss on the cheek and then reaching for his hidden gun the next time he sees her walking down the street with her husband.

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Hardly on each count but think whatever you like.

Misdirection is what this show is about too often.

4. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

I really hope he's "forcing" it and it's not a real interest for him. I don't think it's right for her to be flirting with him to begin with. I hope he doesn't get too lax, although I don't see that happening;. I can see him "acting" like he's all calm and settled down. Besides, there's no way Carol, Daryl and Carl would let him get too weak. (I was really surprised at Daryl's change of heart this episode though!). Hopefully he has something he's planning, and we can soon find out just what. He seems like he wants the ASZ people to not really know what he's feeling. Ya, Pete seemed like a real tool. He really doesn't know how Rick can get when he's pissed off. It would be amusing to see him find out theough!

5. JMac

JMac Member

I totally agree with you. This whole season has felt rushed and feels like it keeps going in all different directions! That's why I was stoked when they got to ASZ.. I also noticed the whole relationship thing between Jessie and Rick as a lil different. I have been wondering if they'll stick to the story, but i don't know. I originally thot their relationship just isn't working minus all the other stuff. I mean if you're stuck in a non working relationship before the ZA I can imagine you're kinda stuck in it after handling the zombies and figuring out how to live in general. Made me think of Lori/Rick relationship in season 1 and 2, least that's the picture I got about their marriage prior Walking Dead- but then i see these lil clips of Pete, and even the one of him on the porch and I think, yeah he's a total jerk- wldnt put it past him, or the sneek peak for next week... So who knows how that story will unfold? But it needed to start getting established so a lil rushed from the writers- but then again I feel like all season has been.

6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Rick-becomes-Shane thing sounds pretty compelling--but would feel more compelling if we had reason to understand why Rick is so drawn to Jessie. (If in fact he truly is, and isn't playing some angle.) We don't have evidence that Pete is a full-on jerk or abuser; maybe that gets revealed later, but all we have thus far is one minor porch weirdness and one OK behavior at the party.

I keep thinking about Rick's commitment to his family (i.e., the group): if he's working some angle b/c he suspects danger (even when it's not there), that's one thing. If he jeopardizes this chance b/c he's gone cave-man, that's another.

7. FISH

FISH Member

I think theres a definite element of Rick having the mentality of if i want it ill just take it, i dont think hes working any angles hes simply into her and what Rick wants he usually gets.
    Also while there has been no direct mention of abuse remember he was a cop and would have seen he fair share of domestic abuse and can probably read the body language well, i think they could have offered a little more for the viewers though to point us in that direction, a lot of us have read the comics and have an idea of whats going on but a lot havent so are in the dark a bit, Gimple is sticking very close to the comic so it could just be him overlooking the fact that not everyone is clued into what may be going on behind closed doors.

8. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

There are some fantastic theories flowing here. I'm really enjoying reading them.
    I have kind of a different take. I'm upset with Rick (or the writers) because Rick is ruining the lives of his kids. He saw Carl smiling and having a good time with Jessie's sons. Rick is going to do something to screw that up? The sons aren't going to be resentful of Rick if their father gets killed? Rick is the sheriff in town. His job is to keep everyone safe. I just don't understand how he would let his desires make Carl's life miserable and lonely again.
    And I'm guessing that he hopes that Judith will be able to grow up here. How is that going to happen if this "fling" blows up in his face? He doesn't have to kill anyone, just get caught with his pants down. That could make everyone not want to associate with his kids too. Or because the husband is the town dr. , Deanna might have to banish Rick from ASZ. Then what happens to his kids? I don't know, it just seems like the people who would pay the most for his fling would be his innocent kids, not him.

#48 DarylFTW, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  9. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

Ok I know that Rick hasn't gotten any in a loooong time but just what is he thinking this is going to accomplish with his damn shenanigans??? He's just going to shoot the only doctor and take control of the town? Daryl will take control of the ...rabbits?? Carol will take control of the ...chocolate?? and Rick will take control of the women. Take Jesse and God knows who else for himself? I don't know whether to be disgusted or completely turned on by this Rick thinking with his dick scenario.

10. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I think Rick even surprised himself with that kiss on the cheek.

And I also think that what Daryl said about the guns and Alexandria struck home with Rick and his feeling the gun was just a way of showing the internal debate. When he grabbed the gun from Carol he hesitated then gave Darrel a look. It almost seemed like he hesitated when he saw the A on his hand.

#50 TyberiusFox, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  11. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

And she wasn't bothered by it at all, she smiled after he kissed her...

12. I am Legend

I am Legend Member

I thought that Rick has some kind of plan on her, and I'm not talking about sex, I think he wants to use her somehow...

13. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Agreed, Rick's antics do appear out of character. But the writers direction for him leading into ASZ actually does seem spot on to me. Rick is a survivor, capable of truly anything to achieve survival for his family. At this moment Rick'CrazyTown' is like a kid in a candy store, with allll the trappings a licorice, lollipops and a lil Jesse Anderson:Grin:

14. DeafManWalks

DeafManWalks Member

Rick hasn't gotten laid in a looong time.... No one said he's a saint! ha ha!

15. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Now THIS might be the funniest comment that I have ever seen anywhere!

And just to be clear,I am not being critical in any way,really!

16. darthprasad

darthprasad New Member

I was more worried about that creepy look rick had when he was listening to the walker on the other side of the wall. Seemed like the crazy Rick from there prison when he was mentally unhinged.
    I hope the feeling of safety hasn't pushed him into that zone again. Maybe he only functions when there is a direct threat to his family, I mean the punching/unreasonableness with Aaron, driving at night. Is he still in that stable zone?
    The peck on the cheek. He definitely looked surprised at himself, and that reaction from Jesse would have confused and further encouraged him.
    To me it sounds like Rick is going back to singing the loony tunes.
    There's bound to be the I'm better then all these people and all your bases are belong to us. Then an external threat appears like neagan or something and strengthens his resolve.
    Maybe that's when Morgan appears, when team rick is at its lowest...
    There I go rambling again

17. I am Legend

I am Legend Member

It's just that Rick is acting all shady and planning to take that place over. He saw a vulnerable woman, who is probably abused by his husband, and maybe he's trying to use her for his purposes, maybe as a mole or something.
    Or maybe my imagination is flying and he just wants to get laid eheh. :D

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Why do you think he's abusing her? That's a pretty serious charge.

19. I am Legend

I am Legend Member

Just the idea I got, cause of the scene at the party when she wants to go and take some drinks, and he stops her in that rude and "dominant" way... Plus the scene in the other episode where he is in his house and gives that weird welcome to Rick...

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Yeah,this is not even remotely what I was talking about!