Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 904 - The Obliged' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't realize that until you said it. Great catch!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of Rick going out with a random injury. In this world, those kinds of I juries are extremely likely.

also, it was pointed out that Rick was thrown from the horse in episode 1 the same way he was in this one. His current injury is also in the same spot as his gunshot wound in ep. 1

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  3. Seventh_son

This show revels in heaping guilt on Daryl's shoulders.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

Is there any way to pull the rebarb out without killing him or damaging organs? Asking for a friend. :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Indeed. If Gimple can't kill Daryl, he'll sure as hell make him suffer any way possible. :mad:

6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd have to agree with that.

7. Seventh_son

The more I think about how implausible it is that Rick could pull himself off of the rebar, the more I'm thinking that, regardless of the preview, he actually doesn't.

Pulling himself off of it, getting back on the horse, trying to make it home, I think these are just part of his hallucinations.

Seconds, maybe minutes, in his mind may play out for us for the duration of the episode, and it will end with him being overtaken right there, on the bridge that was so important to him.

What did Negan call it, "a monument to the dead"? May end up being just that.

I don't think our hero is getting out of this one, hope though I may.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think, Rick will somehow whistle the horse back to him. Then, he gets hold of part of the riding gear (most likely the stirrup) and then the horse will just pull him out of the impaled position. He will climb back onto the horse and begins to ride again. And he will lead the 2 merged herds to the bridge and let them fall into the river, sacrificing his horse as a bait. He will then walk back to ASZ. But he will bleed to death by the time he reaches the gate.
    My speculation.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GrimesForLive

GrimesForLive New Member

10. IfDarylDiesRiot

Maybe he doesn't...Maybe everything we saw in the coming attractions (Rick riding away on the horse, etc) were just his hallucinations/dreams as the walkers were closing in on him and at the end of the episode we realize it was all just his dream as the horde feasts on him...

11. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

No, but he will take the blame. He told Rick not to do it. Rick being Rick, did what he wanted. I knew he was in trouble when he said "Be safe".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned Daryl guilt trips again, but I'm going one step farther.

Maggie is as culpable as Daryl in all this.

Two reasons:

1. If Maggie wasn't on a death march to Alexandria to get her revenge on Negan (as understandable as that is, yes), Daryl wouldn't have been running interference by taking Rick on a wild goose chase. They would have both been at the bridge camp when the Saviors came back with guns, and maybe Rick could have diffused the situation (doubtful, since after Arat's death, it was "a bridge too far" for the Saviors) and there would have been no shots fired to attract the now-inevitable merging of the two large herds.

2. Let's rewind further: Had Maggie and Daryl stopped Oceanside from exacting revenge on Arat (as justifiable and understandable as it was), the Saviors would not have walked out on the bridge project in the first place. We'd be well on our way to a completed bridge, with no guns fired to attract the now-inevitable merging of the two large herds.

When Oceanside said that Arat would be the last one, they were wrong. Looks like Rick will be, by the law of unintended consequences.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was all..... "is he....is he.....no way.....is he.....IMPALED????"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about the role of Maggie in this. Wondering if she will be riddled with guilt and this is what sends her to "live" with Georgie thus leaving the door open for her to return next season

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It might be implausible but I don't care LOL

I need Rick and Michonne to have their moment to say goodbye :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

In the season trailer we see Rick in the foreground obviously on the ground looking at what we now realize is an oncoming herd approaching the bridge. We also see Daryl and others in the background racing in the direction of Rick. Are they running to get Rick from the approaching herd? Do they get Rick just as the herd makes it way to the bridge and then the bridge collapses sending the walkers plummeting into the water?

I just do not want to see Rick as walker food. I can take the implausible but I just cannot deal with Rick being gobbled up by walkers, alone! So I choose the far fetched scenario where he somehow is able to remove the rebar, ride the horse and at least make it far enough to be with some of his families in his last moments

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

They were half right and wrong anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Weallgotit

I have to believe they would not let Rick die out there alone eaten by walkers. That would not only be too tough to swallow but it would piss me off. I refuse to believe they'll do that to that character. The question is how he gets off the rebar. Next week is gonna be rough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Without a doubt.

My daughter (who stopped watching after 701) wants to watch next week's episode with me after I shared the preview with her.

I told her she could watch with me but only if she followed two rules:

1. Absolutely no talking nor asking of questions during the episode. NOTE: She takes after her dad and constantly asks questions during a show LOL

2. That she at no point is allowed to make fun of or laugh at me for crying because I will in fact be a weeping mess

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Weallgotit

Lol. Good luck with that first rule. She is probably gonna ask a couple of questions since she missed so much.

• Agree Agree x 1