Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 904 - The Obliged' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Thanks!

2. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Pleasure!

3. Seventh_son

And don't give up hope Dnae! I'll also put forth the theory that, just as the Walkers close in on our boy, the entire bridge collapses (they've been alluding to this heavily), leaving us to wonder "what if...".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I'll throw some really crazy idea out here. Kind of crazy, definitely sick, and unpredictable.

Rick is not able to get himself off the rebar, but he goes through some hallucination where he gets rescued. He and his savior (no pun intended) escape from the herds in the last minute and runs back to Alexandria. The audience may or may not know he's hallucinating depending on who rescues him. If it's someone like Lorie, Shane, Carl or Glenn again they know he's hallucinating. If it's someone like Jadis (looking for an A) or some new stranger they think it could be real.

Meanwhile in Alexandria, the folks see Rick coming back looking badly hurt, followed not far behind by a herd of walkers. They opened the gate to help Rick out in a hurry. The audience know it can't be Rick if he has been hallucinating or it's really made making it home. It could also happen while Maggie and Michonne are having a tense standoff even with a gun drawn and pointing to each other about killing Negan and Rick's arrival would appear to have defused that...

Then Rick and the herd attacks. Everyone was freaking out why Rick would do that, was it to attack Maggie to prevent her from executing Negan, was it because Rick is hallucinating and lost his mind, was it something else...then Rick removes his face (like in the Mission Impossible movies) and reveals himself to be a new villain. This is how they introduce the whisperers, may be they were the ones who "rescued" Rick then Rick was defaced by them to make a disguise. Then the episode ends with new tension new cliff hanger along with Rick's death all rolled in one.

Don't think it will happen this way just a wild crazy thought. I don't think Rick just die out there then no one in Alexandria would know he's dead just that he's gone missing. So the group has to either see Rick coming back, as an injured Rick, as a walker, or my idea as a "mask".

#64 Miamicuse, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 2
  5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nik

Nik New Member

Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I still don’t buy the idea that Rick is gunna die in the next episode.

In the history of tv shows, I can’t recall a time where a show or a network, have actively advertised a leading characters’ upcoming death. It just doesn’t add up. What benefit do they get from actually telling people, “hey, the main character is dying in a couple episodes time”. Sure, they’d get the inevitable spike in ratings, but only for one, maybe two episodes. And a show like this isn’t trying to spike high ratings for one or two episodes, it wants them at a consistent level. Sacrificing you’re main character to achieve so little, makes no sense at all.

From his own personal perspective, I do believe though, that Andy wants some time away from it. He’s got a young family, and clearly wants to spend more time with them. Working on this show must be physically & mentally draining. But has he had enough to the point where he wants to totally wash his hands of it & leave for good? Hmmm.

What does make sense, is to convince the viewers that his death is upcoming, send them on a rollercoaster or emotions during the “final” episode, before quickly pulling the rug out from under their feet with the reveal that actually there is some form of hope for Rick & that he’s not dead/dying.

That’s the twist. Once again, the writers would have “tricked” its fan base, Andy gets the time off he wants/needs, & it allows for some creative licence going forward, as the writers are not tied to the storyline/perspective of Rick Grimes, like they are in the comics. It also allows for a possible hero’s return at some point in the future. Everyone’s a winner!

FWIW, I think the episode will play out like this... (and yes, I am a helicopter believer)

Rick spends the majority of this episode on the verge of apparent death, hallucinating, being hounded by walkers & surviving by the skin of his teeth. The hallucinations he sees will somehow mirror his current reality/situation.

For example, in one hallucination he’s talking to his younger self, asking what kind of wound he’s got, and instructing him that he needs to get up. When in present reality, that is the helicopter people (maybe even Jadis) talking to him. Same as when he sees a swarm of helicopters in his hallucination at the hospital. He’s hallucinating that swarm, but in reality there IS actually a chopper somewhere in/around his immediate vicinity.

I believe by the end of 905, Rick will be incapacitated, but very much alive, and probably in that helicopter.
    To everyone back home in the communities, it will appear that he has been killed. This will end the Rick Grimes story arc from their point of view, and only us viewers will truly know that he’s alive & likey to return at some point in the future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

There are so many ways this could go, and honestly all of them work.

Rick gets off the rebar and leads the walkers away or to the bridge, having flashbacks and hallucinations along the way. Would be fitting to sacrifice himself for the collective. The bridge would be a metaphor or maybe he just makes his way to Daryl and Michonne who are with him when he dies.

Rick never gets off the rebar and the entire episode is a hallucination that ends with Rick putting himself down before the walkers get him. Would connect to the pilot when he was tossed from a horse and was just about to put himself down. This time no Glenn to rescue him.

Hell, maybe even what many have been thinking and Anne finds him and he leaves on the helicopter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I'm literally LOL'ing right now! I'm sorry Dnae! :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Hopefully rick makes it back to ASZ and turns so michonne can chop off his arms and cut out his teeth and walk around with him on a leash.
    Although I know that won't happen, its fair to wonder if she will lose her shit again

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah that was the PERFECT gif. LMAO

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Another thought about leaving the door open for Rick to possibly come back in the future.
    I don't think this is likely at all for the following reasons:

(1) I think Lincoln would want to go out with a bang, a dramatic finish, I don't think as an actor in a drama series like this he wants something like a dumpster scene or a "JR was shot and it was all a dream" scenerio a whole season later. He would want a satisfying ending, not a cringe worthy joke.

(2) How many more seasons will TWD have? Most of the long lasting series over 10 seasons are those shows where each episode is a new story and you don't need continuity. A drama show like this can only hold the audience for so long. Season 11? 12? So if Lincoln is to return, what season? He will skip 10,11 and come back on 12? Why?

(3) If he does come back, is the show even in an arc that is able to incorporate him back into the story? These stories are developed way ahead in time, you can't just jump back in. By the time he wants to come back, they would have already moved on from Rick's corner and there may be no way to introduce him back in as a major part of the story, and he is not going to come back as anything less.

#71 Miamicuse, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well if he came back, it wouldn't be a surprise decision. The creators would keep in close contact with him likely, and if he decided to return it would be negotiated before writing began the next season.

Having said that, I agree with you, its not likely that he is going to survive episode 905. He is almost certainly going to die, and will only be returning in flashback/dream sequences. Early reviewers for the episode have basically said "good bye, Rick".

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Yeah, one Maddison is enough. Ciao Rick! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

As much as I THINK I do not want Rick's story to end with his death, I just do not know how I would feel if this is actually how it plays out.

Honestly I had not given it much credence but it just now hit me on the head like a Daryl pot hitting Justin's head - since Anne chose to leave Gabe rather than use him as her helicopter "offering" she is without a way to make it to that magical place far far away that she spoke of.

But then if she was going to let the walker bite Gabe then she was not planning on using him as her helicopter pass?

I suppose she could find Rick passed out/bleeding out and she could put him on the helicopter with her. I do not know how I feel about that.

Yes, yes I do know how I feel about this scenario. I just do not want to verbalize how I feel in case it pans out this way or something along these lines.

I have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that there will be no in between for me. I am either going to be at peace with Rick's exit or it is going to piss me the f*ck off

#74 Dnae, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Like I said before the helicopter is sent by the Umbrella Corporation and Rick, if he returns, will be infected as a T-virus mutant and have to fight Alice in a death match. Sorry but that's how it's going to be Michonne.

16. PepperAnn

I've read this three times and it still doesn't make any sense. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Resident Evil

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. PepperAnn

Thank you! LMAO

19. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I first thought he'd die right there eaten alive while hallucinating he was saving the day and seeing all his old chums, but in the end, I think he will save the day and die doing so (and still hallucinate for good measures).

They'll do him good, you'll be ok with it. Just a few tears but no regret. ;-)

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Seventh_son

I think the negative reactions to some...um...let's say, poor creative decisions was a contributing factor in Lincoln's decision to leave.

Now, on the other side of the coin, he's seeing this recent wave of near-universal positivity and (should that continue) that may just be what contributes to him considering another "go" in the future ( in whatever capacity; Kang is very clever).