Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick's appearance is the most realistic

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Woodstock, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

In this last episode it was really noticeable, the ZA is starting to take it's toll on Rick.

I know that it's TV, so the girls are always going to look pretty and shaved, Tyreese is not going to get any thinner and Glenn will always look exactly like he did in season 1. Carl will probably be 6 feet tall by the end of the season, but aside from the rapid aging he looks good. Even among the guys, Daryl's hair has grown quite a bit but as far as the rest goes he's pretty much the same too.

Rick on the other hand looks scrawnier, his hair and beard have grown out, and most of all you can just see it in his personality. Out of all of them he's the one that looks like he's been through hell the most, and the one whose appearance looks most realistic.

One other thing I did like was Carl's "lesson" to the priest. He's has spent 2 years growing up in the ZA and when he was talking to the priest he wasn't phased at all, it was like he was explaining the rules to a soccer game or something.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

Yeah Carl has now become de-sensitized to the whole new way of living, explaining it to the Priest was just a normal conversation to him.
    I agree about Rick, you can see him developing through each series and how he has been shaped through each experience

• Like Like x 1
  3. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah the girls are always reasonably styled, at least with their skin and hair. Realistically, they would have flaky, rashy skin, welts and mosquito bites, sunburn probably, oily hair, maybe dandruff lol. But those are not attractive things to see. lol.

A friend of mine actually mentioned how chunky Tyreese got in comparison to how he was when he first started the show. It wasn't something I had noticed... I know Daryl got more muscle toned compared to the first season! He had no muscle in season 1, now he's ripped!

I do think Ricks beard makes him look very "wild" and suited for this Apocalyptic world and the storyline they are telling with them being 'on the road' without a proper homebase and time to think about personal grooming etc.

I think Carl is very realistic these days, as well. It's good that he seems to still maintain his hope and willingness to help people, but knows that things need to be done to protect your own, too. It was interesting he took the initiative to try and teach the Father to defend himself.

I think the conversation he had where he was saying something along the lines of "You can't stay in one place for too long" was showing that he doesn't necessarily think it's safe to stay in one place anymore, and doesn't want to be tied down to a place like they were at The Prison... He sees the dangers of doing that, and getting complacent... So it'll be interesting if the group finds another safe-zone and seeing how he reacts to that.

4. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

I'm looking forward to see Carl grown further throughout each series, he really is growing up and learning from his experiences

5. Jato

Jato Member

Rick's definitely adapted to the ZA life. He's grown a lot more ruthless, hence Daryl's 'Three hostages are better than two' line.

Little off topic but do you guys he would've shot him if Daryl wasn't there?

6. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

Possibly would have shot him, he didnt think twice before gunning down the termites

7. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah I think he would have... it was apparently this guy was too much of a wild card to play along with anything they wanted him too... I can't remember but was that the same guy who then went on to trick Sasha ? If so, his instincts were right...

8. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

No i think they were two different guys... The guy that double crossed Sasha, i think he will end up helping Rick and the crew he seems decent but like he'd panicked and he needed to get to the action to be involved!

While we are on the subject of that scene, come on Sasha you fool, we could see that coming!

9. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Even though I am very understanding abut Carl's outbursts and immature behavior last season, I am glad that he is finally starting to act more mature. I know he is going through hell and he is technically even younger than he appears, but if the rebellious phase went on any longer it would have been hard to empathize with him.

His progress is very natural too, he went through hell, witnessed and did things no child should ever even have to dream of doing, and now he's taking all that and using it against the "bad guys" instead of his own.

10. Jato

Jato Member

True but the termites ate a guy's leg, the cops just kidnap people. Still pretty bad but not punishable by death since they don't outright torture and kill.
    Then again, cross Rick's crew and you'll regret it :zombies_lol:

11. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I honestly think there's a 90% chance he would have. 95% even. He's not taking any more chances after what happened with the Termites.

12. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

Yeah i completely agree, although i understood his attitudes in previous seasons as he aged it was starting to get quite annoying. really starting to like Carl from kind of mid season 4 onwards...

13. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Aren't they raping the women?

And beating the sh#t out of Noah was pretty close to torture.

14. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

The thing is to them it's only 2 years, but to us it's longer, so it gets to the point where you're like "ok, kid, enough now".

I really wish the aging thing wasn't such an issue. They should really avoid having young cast members when the timeline is so off in reference to the real world.

15. Wombat

Wombat Member

agree about Rick. His appearance, especially from last season onwards has really gone 'apocalyptic' with the beard, hair but also the way he walks. Just seems that more determined and focused in his stance. Looking back at the premiere season 1 ep recently... And he really did have that Englishman's tan (ie. pale white)... Now it's outdoor survival tan. Not many of the characters show that.

16. Jato

Jato Member

Ah right, Noah would have told them. Don't know why but I keep thinking Rick and Co. only know they're kidnapping people.
    Need to watch the episode again, was too distracted >.<

17. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Definitely not the same guy.

And yes, the scene with Sasha was so predictable. The minute he said his name was "Bob" i knew it something would go wrong. She was way too gullible with him.

18. Mira

Mira Member

I agree that the aging is a bit of an issue. But showing a kid growing up in the ZA is an important part of TWD. In fact, Kirkman said that TWD is ultimately Carl's story. I guess we will need another time jump soon to explain Carl's growth spurt.

19. Jato

Jato Member

I'm sure everyone saw it coming a mile away xD
    Was he handcuffed or just tied up? The ties looked pretty strong. I'm just trying to think how you could possibly escape with your hands bound like that.

Are they far from the hospital? Is he just going to try his luck and book it straight back? o_O

20. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Yeah, it makes me think of Tom Hanks in "Castaway" or Viggo Mortensen in "The Road".

Daryl looks a bit more ruggish too, and his hair grew but it's not the same thing. With Rick it's not just the looks, it's the overall attitude.