Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick's appearance is the most realistic

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Woodstock, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Well it is, I agree with that part. It's just that he went from 8 to 14 (I'm not really sure of the exact age, but that more or less gives the idea).

When compared to Judith it stands out even more.

I don't know how long they intend to keep the series going, but considering the rate at which teenage boys grow we are going to need a major time jump soon. :zombies_lol:

2. Mira

Mira Member

He was 8 in the comics. But I think he was supposed to be 12 on the show in season 1. I assume they made him older to avoid the aging problem a little bit. A time jump is however still desperately needed.

3. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Just rewatched the clip and he's not handcuffed, looks tied with something black (like plastic ties or something).

Aargh, that whole scene was so frustrating!!! I would have been shocked if he didn't make it all up and authentically wanted her to put his friend out of his misery. But him ambushing her was obvious from the very start.

I can't say how far they were from the hospital though, although I'm assuming not really that far. He probably figures that he'll just give it his best shot or die trying.

4. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Hm, he didn't really look 12 though. He looked around 8 in the show too (he was 10 when he was cast for the role). He was so tiny in the scene where Rick meets up with him & Lori again. It's so odd to see those scenes now.

5. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

I think theyve done well with showing how Carl has ages, i dont know if anyone agrees but i feel like we've watching him grow up on screen and its seemed quite realistic.
    However i do agree it does throw the time scale off slightly like you guys mentioned

6. Mira

Mira Member

True. I always thought he was younger than Sophia and she was said to be 12. So I was quite surprised when I read in an interview that Carl and Sophia were supposed to be the same age.

7. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

As far as character growth and maturity yes, but physically it's way off. 5 years really show on a young boy, there's no way you can pass them off as 2-3 years. In fact, he didn't change that much during the first 3 years (he went from 10-13 in real life) but in the past two years (14-15) it's much more evident. In the show he should be around 12, 13 at the most but he'll never pass for that age. You can see he's a teen now.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I agree. I can't say enough good things about the Rick character and the job Andrew Lincoln has done with the role. He was perfectly cast and at points has salvaged the show.

If they can get Lennie James on as a regular, the show could really kick it up a notch because he has great screen chemistry with Andrew Lincoln.

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This is true for the most part, although I was surprised at how good Sonequa Martin Green looked on the Talking Dead this week. This is not to say she looks unattractive on TWD. But they really are underscoring her beauty a bit more on the show than they are with some others, like Rosita. Christian Serratos is pretty comparable between her screen and offscreen presence.

10. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

Can you imagine how much the characters should stink

11. Jato

Jato Member

[​IMG]
    Wow, there's a huge difference when you compare side by side. Rick's definitely got that, 'stress has aged me drastically' look going on. Look at those brow lines :zombies_lol:

12. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I agree. Rick was one of my least favorite characters when the show started but now it's gotten to the point where I just can't see the group without him. And I have to give Andrew Lincoln the credit for that.

13. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

agreed

14. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Wow! And this season he is even scrawnier than season 4. Looks like a totally different person.

15. Jon Snow

Jon Snow Member

Sign of a good actor.

16. Aurora

Aurora Member

Rick is merciless now. He would kill everyone who wronged him, as it was shown for terminus, he wanted to just kill them all even though Rick and everyone got away safely. And in the last episode with the Police officer who attacked Daryl, he was about to shoot him before Daryl convinced him otherwise.

17. Heriot of Fire

Actually, Rosita appears remotely likeable in the show.

18. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Rick is always sweaty. He must smell absolutely dreadful.

19. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Nah, I like my men with a beard or stubble at least, never clean shaven.

20. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I'm going off the rails here but has anyone else noticed his lack of eyebrows before and after