Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick's Departure

Discussion in 'Episode 903 - Warning Signs' started by Terminator, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Only 2 more episodes with the Rick Grimes character. What do people see happening?
    Going to throw something out for discussion.
    Now that we know Jadis is working with what seems to be a pretty sophisticated group, and they're looking for Alphas, I'm thinking maybe Rick gets "taken" and not visibly killed off. It would also seem that Simon knew what was going on since he referenced the helipad just before taking out the trash and killing all the garbage people, but did Negan? We know Simon was doing a lot of things Negan didn't know about or would have sanctioned.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

kien sabi kemo sabe

3. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

Unless Lincoln insisted on his character being killed, I think it's a major disservice to the character and the fans.

To not even hold the door slightly open for a potential hero's return during the final season (whenever that may be) is a really poor decision.

They deserve all the backlash and poor ratings that they get.

4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thanks! I had forgotten Simon knew.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think the ONLY way to do it would be to kill him. Sadly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I know that we can't always trust what they tell us...the actors and showrunners, etc., but didn't they basically confirm that Rick will absolutely die?
    But then why bring the helicopter arc into play right now?
    Why not wait until he's gone?
    What impact, if any, will that have on his death?
    I think his death will have more to do with the communities falling into chaos with the Saviors vs. everyone else line coming into play. I'd imagine Rick would go out in a blaze of glory, protecting his people and his dream.
    I keep remembering a scene from season 9 previews with Rick on the bridge (I think) and a herd and it looks like one of them might have stabbed him? First contact with the Whisperers?
    Maybe I'm remembering that wrong. I'll have to go find it and watch again.
    Anyone know what I'm referring to?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Right now, I'm thinking that has to be it. I'm thinking two things will happen. Either Rick does come in contact with a Whisperer who injures him. Maybe the Whisperer says something that shocks Rick and then he gets stabbed. But in that scenario he likely dies. The other thing is for him to be taken in that helicopter. He looked up and saw that helicopter back in season 7 and we were all speculating who it could be. Then we find out Jadis knows who it is. And in his last episodes we find out what they are up to? I think the timing might be the key to what they are going to do. Rick would certainly serve as an Alpha to these weirdos. So I'm thinking that Jadis will have him taken. That may have been her plan for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I honestly thought that too, but now with Jadis working with the helicopter guys, I could see Rick being abducted by them, and the rest of the team all thinking he was killed by the herd.

• Like Like x 2
  9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I can see this. But I think he’ll really die. :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I think he has to die.

They are building up the tension between him and Maggie, and Maggie's execution of Gregory already caused Oceanside to kill saviors for revenge. With two more episode, my guess is Rick will die indirectly because of Maggie's action. May be he died trying to protect Negan from being executed, then something happened and he goes down.

That single event alone could change everything. Rick dies, Maggie has regrets and that may be the reason for her leaving in a few episode as well, may be Negan finally turn around because of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lindigo

This could be what happens, but I would be pissed because a real-life psychopath Negan would never ever turn around. He should never be allowed back into this community.

We've been debating the pros and cons of killing Arat. Negan is SO much worse, beating people to death, a toss into a furnace, stealing everyone else's supplies. I hope they divert from the comics and let Maggie kill him.

Probably it will go your way, though, and we will be supposed to pretend that a practiced psychopath can become a good guy.

Eastman would have known this is the guy you have to keep locked up unless you kill him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I think that Negan has some good in him, but not nearly enough. I can't see him changing as much as he'd need to. That would be hard for me to accept as a reality.
    I hope that Maggie and Daryl put him down.
    He'll probably live, though.
    It will be interesting to see how they go about it.
    I can't see how they could convince me that it's ok to have him being a part of a community.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

I thought Negan turns good in the comics....he could be the new leader after Rick if some of the scenarios above play out. I do agree that Rick almost has to die....just having him disappear seems an injustice to the character leaving him out there in limbo like that. I think it could be the Whisperer theory if they decide to bring the Whisperers in OR the other theory of him going to try and stop Maggie and instead winds up protecting her from negan killing her or killing Michonne or who knows. Maggie will feel guilty and leave and join Georgie's group (referenced in a convo between her and Jesus who said "Georgie asking you to join her again? You know she'll never stop asking").

I just hope it's a good exit for the character, one that is honorable and heroic. Yes, I want my gut ripped out at the scene. But him just disappearing from being kidnapped will leave me feeling perplexed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lindigo

That's true; we all have some good. Negan was sorry that Carl died. On the other hand, he was going to kill Carl himself before Shiva showed up. So, yeah, not nearly enough good to salvage him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Put yourself in the show producer's shoes...

Not sure how many of you know but "they" did not announce Rick's leaving per se, I mean yeah they "announced" it but it wasn't exactly their idea... Fact is Andrew Lincoln (who plays Rick) is a British actor and this show has kept him away from his home and family for 6-9 months out of the year and he tired of it, and it is Andrew Lincoln who flat out told the producers that this would be his last season because basically he's going back to England to be with his family.

That is how things went down, however it is also no real secret that Andrew Lincoln was not pleased with how they did away with Chandler Riggs (who played Carl Grimes), he felt it was dirty how they did the kid (which is true, Chandler Riggs had been led to believe he would be with the show for some time just to be informed in short order that he was going to die (which obviously on this show means you are done)).

Neither Chandler Riggs nor Andrew Lincoln were particularly pleased with that "corporate" turn of events, some of us have a feeling Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show at least somewhat because of that bit of nonsense.

So that is how the show's producers got stuck with that lump of coal and they probably scrambled to make a decent show of it. But of course we'll never know for sure, you see in today's world you can't tell the truth, it's better to fib and lie and cover up because God forbid should you tell the truth, why it can ruin a man's career.

That is what I find so sad about it all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

The thing that strikes me most so far about the show under Kang's direction isn't so much that she appears to know WHAT to do (tight scripts, good pacing, realistic dialogue), but (perhaps more importantly) knows what NOT to do.

She saw the overwhelmingly negative reaction to Carl's death, and I can't believe she'd want history to repeat itself.

Maybe we're all in for a big surprise with episode 5. She just might be doing something similar to what the Russo brothers did with Infinity War, that is leaking false information so this huge episode won't be what it's expected to be.
    Perhaps, perhaps not, but she is clearly one smart cookie, and I won't underestimate her cleverness for one second.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Seventh_son

I sadly agree with this, but will continue to clutch at straws until the bitter end.

My fingers are firmly in my ears. Lalalalalala...I can't hear you...lalalala...

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Seventh_son

Succinct.

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think they have to keep the door open to Rick returning to TWD. If you look at these first few episodes the story is revolving primarily around Rick/Michonne and Maggie. With two of them going before this first half is out there will be yet another decline in the ratings. You could see them reaching FTWD levels in the second half. It might still drop out anyway with Rick's fate being left open, but the finality of it will close the door for a good portion of the remaining viewers, so they have to at least take the chance and keep him alive.

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Good points. I always felt that the final straw for Lincoln was the death of Carl too. You can put aside all the rigors of being away from home for half of the year if it's a role that you love. And the story from the beginning was one about a father and son surviving in the apocalypse. Once Carl is taken out of the picture it changes the landscape for Lincoln's character and it makes it less interesting and enjoyable for him play. He loses that emotional and personal connection. Suddenly all the other annoying aspects of the job take a higher precedence than before.

Even putting aside Lincoln's decision to leave, killing off Carl was one of the stupidest things I've seen a long running series do. They didn't even understand one of the core appeals of TWD.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1