Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick's Plan? Good?

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If his plan was a cheese would it be a fine Brie? Gouda? Goat? Limburger?

2. maw

maw Member

Well, if maggie and carol would have went, at the very least one of their vehicles would be gone. If that was an outpost, it make you wonder what the main HQ will have at it in terms of people.

So yes, the cheese was smelling good until the outcome at the end.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

The plan was good with the exception of Carol and Maggie being so far away from the rest of the main group. So not exactly Swiss but there was a hole.

4. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

It was a good plan. They killed several men without having to waste a bullet, which is a bonus. Like mentioned above, would have been pretty solid if they hadn't split so far apart.

5. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

It was a good plan. But we knew something was going to go wrong.

6. batongal

batongal Active Member

True but it wasn't Ricks plan to have Maggie stay back...that was Carol's plan.

7. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Rick's plan was reckless.
    Bad, very bad, stupid.
    No cheese, cheese is good.

8. jojo

jojo Member

Good plan...but to come out unscathed not possible when it comes to Rick and a plan.

Like Maggie said in "Knots untie." "It's gonna cost us." And this is ONLY the beginning of the snowball rolling down the hill.

9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Rick never seems to think circumstances will alter or ruin his plans. He thinks everything will work out perfectly because he's a good man fighting to keep his family alive.

There's an old military saying: No plan ever survives contact with the enemy.

10. cycles

cycles Member

I loved the episode because it was exciting to watch the plan succeed but it was an awful plan. There was no room for error and there was no way to change the plan if things went sideways. It relied too heavily on the skill of a few team members.

11. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Bad plan by Rick. Like at the quarry, Rick should have just burned them all up ... or dropped cars on them.

12. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Rick's plan was stupid. Carol and Maggie should've had at least 2 or 3 other people with them. That way it might have been more of a struggle for that woman and her group to take them.

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I guess the 'argument' between Carol and Maggie contributes a tactical mistake as it lowers their alertness to their surround, giving chance for those Negan's women (3 of them, I think) to sneak up on them.

14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

True, but he went along with it. He could have said no, we all stick together and stationed them right outside of the compound to act as look outs while the rest went in versus way out on the perimeter. I do realize that Rick had no way of knowing that there were more of Negan's people out there in the woods, and maybe the women got a little too relaxed or too focused on what they heard going on rather than what was around them but it's put our group at a disadvantage. I suppose it was a no win situation. Perhaps Maggie should never have insisted on going but of course that's moot now.

15. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

A fine camembert with crackers. haha

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It was the holes on the Swiss to me.
    They have opened the door to a shit storm they can not even imagine I bet.

Why not take time before going on your first Murder Spree to check out the Jesus/Hilltop story which seems now like a trap at worst and just tunnel vision at best?

17. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

They Ninja'd a bunch of people to death in their sleep. If they had more people with carol & maggie then it might have been flawless. I think it was one of Rick's better plans

18. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

supermarket brand cheese whiz

horrible plan that created bad karma for the group that will come back down on them hard

Tara was a great barometer because she knew it was wrong because she had done it before

19. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i thought the plan was a bit reckless to say the least, but at least the executed it pretty well (minus the Carol and Maggie part). still, to go into a building that was filled with hostiles with pretty much zero knowledge of where anything was in insane. im surprised that they didn't lose anyone. that has to be considered a victory. i was 95% sure that someone from Rick's group was going to die during that raid.

20. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Going beyond the tactics, it was also poor strategy of attacking an enemy without knowing his full strength and the location of any reserves.

From what I'm reading here, this attack was not part of the first battle between Rick and the Saviors. So Negan's response will likely be completely different than the comic. Indeed, I don't see how the two groups will be able to form any kind of workable relationship.

Rick is Hannibal. Negan is Scipio. Rick's total victory at the station is his Cannae. But in the long run Negan operates a much larger empire, has more resources and fighters at his disposal, and "should" win in the long run.