Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick's Plan? Good?

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

I'll admit I thought Rick's plan was a joke but since this is fiction it worked (for the most part). The Alexandrians looked like SEAL Team 6 clearing those rooms but I did see a few muzzle sweeps. Anyway this is AMC so I thought it was pretty good.

2. EvieE

EvieE Member

It could have been a good plan if they hadn't left Maggie and Carol out by themselves. They probably should have scouted the building for alarms.

3. Equinox

Equinox New Member

It's gonna be all good guys... A one-eyed CORAL comes to save the day by going on a massive killstreak... Rambo/Governor style!!!

4. yuke

yuke Member

Good plan except for the Maggie Carol thing. I thought they stayed behind as look outs but if they were going to be lookouts they surely lacked a way to communicate anything to the team nor were they in any sort of line of sight to the team so that they could watch out for each other.

5. Melo

Melo Active Member

it was, cause as he said we have to come for them before they come for us and he was right

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think you mean "One Eyed Grimes".

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Really how do you think the Bad Girls that captured them talked to Rick then?

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Rick's plan was fine. Carol and Maggie sealed their own fate by:

Not keeping to their post like they were told to. They knew there would be some problem with the plan - or they should have, at no time did Rick say, "if things look bad, quit watching the perimeter and charge on in." If he wanted them to do that, why leave them at the rear in the first place?
    Not keeping alert while on duty was their second problem. Have their guns out and be looking around for Saviors and/or walkers? nope.
    Arguing with each other and making sure they REALLY weren't paying attention to their surroundings was their third problem. Seriously. You think you have to stop what you're doing and rush in, so... you get in to a big debate in the middle of a firefight? I bet the people that kidnapped them walked right up to them without them noticing or even worrying that someone might be there.

9. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Let's see. They did no planning, no scouting. They had no idea whether this is a small outpost or the main Negan campus. Once again, Rick's arrogance reigned supreme over planning and making sure they could do the job they promised to do. The people who stayed back in the battle group (i.e. in the cars instead of going inside) were yackety-yacking, not supporting the fighter or watching out for hostiles. As if on cue, something went wrong-- Carol and Maggie kidnapped. And now belatedly, it dawns on Rick and crew, this was just an outpost, not even where Negan was; maybe not even where is main camp is. As a result of their irresponsibility, Negan has the upper hand. How are they going to dig out of this one?

This was the WEIRDEST episode in a long time. In fact, I think its the first episode I ever thought was weird. Because the story in this episode trumps every piece of prior carelessness and stupidity that Rick's group has suffered the consequences of, but eventually survived regardless. Rick's group and the Alexandrians had so much to lose that to do this in haste was just plain weird.

10. Morgotha

The people Daryl met said there were outposts, but the Hilltop group suggested this was Negan's base - bad information can be dangerous. OTOH, Daryl's rocket killed about 10 people. Tonight they killed another 20 or so. That's a pretty big hit for Negan to take without the other side who he knows nothing about even losing a single person.

If nothing else, Negan will take them seriously, that's for sure.

Yeah, the three of them sitting in the car like they were at a drive-in was seriously bizarre. None of them was worried enough to be outside with their guns drawn just in case? That was really, really odd.

11. SciFlux

SciFlux Member

I love how realistic this show is sometimes. If you think that you're going to be able to bust into a place with armed soldiers and be able to kill everyone without something going wrong, then you're living in fantasyland. No planned operation like that ever goes as planned. I think that they did good with the little information that was given to them by Jesus.

I'm just saying....

12. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

It was a good plan IF that is the extent of the Saviors.

But I kept thinking that this base could very well just be an outpost, with the main camp of the Saviors being very much larger. It bothered me that no one thought to ask that question. What if this base is just a Savior outpost. Then Rick and company have only alerted the main camp that there is another group out there who are bad ass enough to not be cowed. They could end up facing an army at the gates of Alexandria, which would make a great season finale!

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

First of all, they did plan. They had an inside guy who drew out a map of the layout of this camp. and they did overtake that camp pretty easily based on the plan.. They are running out of food and based on the information they have this seems like a a great opportunity... Like Rick said, The Saviors will find Alexanderia sooner or later and why wait to fight when they are weak and hungry.. What are they supposed to do, sit around and starve to death? Nobody told Rick that this was a outpost camp or anything like that.. Based on the info Rick had and their worsening circumstances it was a good move...

#33 mtito914, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  14. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

This far out from Day Zero, any survivors are more likely to be living in armed groups. Brute force is OK when you're sure you have an overwhelming advantage, say against a small camp of poorly armed wanderers, but if you're going up against heavily armed adversaries in a fortified location, no plan that involves going in to 'kill them all' makes much sense unless you have zero alternatives. Now's the time for Rick's group to develop some contingency plans for when things go wrong. Do they even have any secondary location (with a few cached supplies) away from Alexandria to RV at if things go bad, or if they're attacked by an an overwhelming force?

15. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

It was a good plan and it did at least mostly go according to plan. But I saw the ending twist coming. I knew there was no way it was going to be that simple. It appears that this was nothing but a small outpost. I see big problems coming, and now there's no plan.

16. FutureApocalyps

True.

17. BlackLightning

I still think that the whole idea of allowing Tara and Heath to go on a 2 week long run NOW is completely stupid.

especially when it is very possible the survivors of Alexandria's attacks watched them leave. Who knows if they're being tailed.

18. Morgotha

They haven't done that the last four or five times their base has been overrun, why start now?

19. BlackLightning

Well, in their defense....

.....there's no time like the present. And they regrouped on I-85 after the farm was overrun.

20. mfinley

mfinley Member

Dumb plan.

Apparently nobody on the walking dead knows how to hide out of sight. WTF is the reason for everybody standing out in the open all the time? Carol and Maggie - go hide in the woods and watch over the vehicles. Had you done that you would have seen the lunch lady and her friends come up on your vehicles, sniff around them and you would have capture or killed them.

Rick -WTF? Do you not understand the concept of surveillance? You should have been watching that compound from all sides for at least a few days, Carol could have explained it to you like she did with Terminus. Rick, think about splitting up your forces, it's called a reserve, you hold back a reserve just in case, also again, put some people in the tree line, to watch over you and give you cover for if the plan goes bad at the start they cover your ass so you can retreat, if the plan goes bad in the middle they cover your ass so you can get out.