Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick's Plan? Good?

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 6, 2016.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Alright I am going to have to watch again….again I guess.

2. mfinley

mfinley Member

Custer took on an indian encampment that he guessed would be less than 500 indidans and only made up of about 100-150 braves, he ended up fighting over 1500 braves and it didn't really work out... a little recon goes a long way... just sayin

3. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Plus, if the compound did not happen to have electricity( from an unknown source) with lights on inside as the entire group other than 2 watchmen outside slept, the whole plan would have gone to hell in a hand basket. Hard to kill people in pitch black.

4. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Irrespective of how tight the time is, if you don't have time for reconnaissance, you could be embarking on a complete suicide mission. When attacking an enemy of unknown description, proportions and security measures, the advantage of stealth is very short-lived. As the episode finally demonstrates: it doesn't matter how covertly you can kill if there are too many blind spots to prevent the entire group from becoming exposed to the enemy, and to massacre.

Therein is the importance of any surveillance - from seconds to hours, and with whatever resources you have - to limit the amount of unknowns and avoid overlooking small, but important details from blowing up in your face. So while the window of opportunity may be brief, even a nugget of intelligence can be game-changing.

For instance, the alarm system that was on the hallway wall; here is a visible detail that could've, and should've be surveilled - even from within the compound after infiltrating, had they valued the importance of recon at every possible chance. Instead it was overlooked rather than observed as a potential threat when organizing their positions for the raid. Had Rick's group obtained visuals of objects on the walls via binoculars (beforehand), re-interviewing the "inside man", or by taking note while canvasing the halls, they would've prioritized the blocking of these communication devices.

Yes, you could blame Abe for failing basic training, e.g. watching his partner's ass instead of her six, but it could've happened to any of them since they initiated the attack before looking around carefully, and issuing a simple command (such as, "watch for and block any accessible comm. devices"). Instead, their absence of surveillance caused a rather simple error to alert the entire compound.

Due to ignorance of the target, their surroundings and overall impatience, Rick's group is vividly revealed to the enemy, as well as their "covert" acts, ironically slapping their advantage of stealth in the face and leaving them all in the crosshairs. What better way to show the consequences of a plan without recon. It's not BS that you must first "know thine enemy" before you can defeat them.

Over and out -

#64 AnnieOakley, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  5. Darylette

Darylette Member

Yes I agree. Insider info, reason for them to open the door, element of surprise....it wasn't going to get better than that.

6. Darylette

Darylette Member

I agree but I think the actress is pregnant so I'm guessing they needed to write her out for a few weeks

7. BlackLightning

I see you hate spoilers and don't read the comics. So I will say nothing.

8. Darylette

Darylette Member

Ooooooh how intriguing

9. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Entire deal sucked. Cannot believe after all they've been through they let Maggie turn them into mercenaries. Hilltop should have had skin in this game. Earn their freedom. Kudos to the team for a decent execution of a really crap plan. But the big holes are in the deal itself AND in some really amateur moves on the team itself which others have pointed out.