Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick's Talk with Shane

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by yuuyake, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Maggie

Maggie Member

Yes, but Rick cannot be the man he is without giving Shane one more chance to come around.

If Shanes biggest character flaw is envy, Rick's biggest one is Nobility.

2. Maggie

Maggie Member

Shane was never a "surrogate" Dad to Carl. No more than Dale was.

He simply continued the role he had when Rick and Shane were partners - that of trusted Uncle and friend. Carl and Lori never viewed Shane as a fill-in Dad. Only SHANE believed he was Carl's surrogate Dad. Someone in another thread mentioned that Shane gives the flavor of Fatal Attraction. That is spot on exactly what is going on here, in my humble opinion, and sadly it colors everything he does for the negative.

As for the baby, They don't know who the father is. So since they are in doubt the default must be that the baby is Rick's. And truthfully, while I agree that telling Shane that the baby is Rick's is tough, what are the alternatives? Share the baby? Make it a threesome?

I'm sorry, but while it does suck, the default has to go to the husband.

3. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

In all honesty. Until that baby is born is the only way to know for sure. If that baby has brown eyes okay the baby is Shane's.However if that baby has blue eyes then that baby is Rick's no arguments.

4. Roman'sRevenge

Was Rick supposed to say it's okay you ****ed my wife and that you still want possession of my wife son and unborn baby.And you can still protect them because I can't. Rick was right he made it very clear to Shane - My wife my son and my unborn child.Step back and back the **** off. More or less.Or I won't hesitate in killing you or anyone else to protect what is mine.So no that was not unfair at all to Shane.As for the conversation between Shane and Lori - if Shane were any kind of real man he would have talked to Rick about what happened before. But no. Neither Shane or Lori defused that bomb before it went off.

5. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

IDK about that. I do think Shane was doing a pretty good job parenting Carl, certainly much more than Dale.

As far as 'because there is doubt it must be Ricks.' I disagree. I think not acknowledging that it could be Shane's is completely disregarding another person, and sweeping the situation under the rug. There has been enough of that already.

6. Zombie Lover

I guess we'll disagree on that then. I think most of the characters not just Shane have been playing Ostrich about the baby situation. Ignoring the elpehant in the room, and just ordering people around, to me- is just more of the same stuff Lori has been doing already. Its not communication. Its ordering.

7. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Unfortunatly this might not be so easy.
    Lori unless I'm mistaken have brown eyes too, and the gene for brown eyes is dominant, whereas the blue eye gene is not.
    So regardless of who the father is the child is more likely to have brown eyes than blue.
    Do note that my education on genetic structure is weak, and I may be wrong though.

8. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I agree a bit acctually.
    There is a fair chance that it's Shanes child, and Rick (backed by Lori) claiming fatherhood regardless, is a bit unfair and something that could cause diversion of the group.
    If the child is Shanes, then it could act as a solidifier, sort of bringing all three parties even closer together than before, like a little family.

9. Maggie

Maggie Member

Yea right.. in what universe are you watching this show?? ROFLOL!!!

10. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Yeah, it's not likely to go down that way is it ? :zombies_lol:
    It's not good drama for the show.

However, if Shane got his head out from under Lori's skirt, if Lori stopped being a total bitch towards Shane.
    Then all three would have reason to pull together to better defend the newborn.

11. marsyao

marsyao Member

Man, I do not think Shane would "claim" that baby even most likey that is his child, under the current circunstance, raised by Rick and Lori is a far better choice, and Shane know that, that is the reason when Lori told him "even it is yours, it won't be yours", he replied "It don't have to be", and later when Lori told Rick "No matter what it is yours", Rick said "He'll accept that".

12. Zombie Lover

Who knows what feelings Shane could have for his child and what can change over time. There are a lot of assumptions being made by both Lori and Rick who seem to be turning the situation into a territorial issue.

The truth is, it takes 2 to tango, and if that child is Shane's he should get the opportunity to see it and parent it.

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

Shane himself said that he does not care whether the child knows he is the father as long as he know that is his child, and that is the reason he will not go anywhere so that he could protect his child, and that was also the reason that he started the barn massacre as soon as he learn that news. From another perspective, Rick who knows Shane very well, told Lori definitely that Shane will accept the fact that the baby would be raised as Rick and Lori's child.
    Yes Shane is obbesesive and hothead, but he know what is the best for that baby.

14. Zombie Lover

I'm not sure. Shane just found out the news, so who knows whether he's willing to parent it or not. He could've also been trying to placate Lori who was so adamant he wasn't to be involved.

15. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I was going to comment on this also. Lori and Shane have dark hair and brown eyes. Rick has dark hair and blue eyes. Brown eyes are supposed to be dominant but not always the case.
    My brother has blue eyes and his wife has brown eyes, the have two daughters--one with brown eyes and one with blue eyes.

There are no paternity tests in the world now, so there is no way to tell who the baby's daddy is. That is why I agree with Rick saying it is his baby. There is no way to tell for sure and why would you share a baby with another man who may or may not be the father? Don't they have enought to worry about without worring about visitation??:zombies_lol:

16. Zombie Lover

What about the child's rights? I think the child should have the right to get to know his father at some point. I think if I were the kid I'd have issues with my parents forbidding my bio dad from having any part in my life.

17. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Explain to me how you are going to "find out" for sure who the baby's father is, Fuyuko?

18. Roman'sRevenge

That is quite a ways off and there is no way of knowing if the baby will survive and for how long.And with walkers all over the place and roaming thugs how much time does anyone have anyway.

19. Zombie Lover

There is a high chance in my opinion Shane is the dad, but of course no one can know for sure unless a genetic trait that is common with Shane and not found in Either Rick or Lori is inherited in the absence of medical testing.

I also beleive Lori knows this. I just don't see her trying to abort Rick's baby.

#59 Zombie Lover, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  20. Roman'sRevenge

It really doesn't matter anyway. I don't see Shane making it to the child's birth. He is going to piss someone off Rick or Daryl someone and he will be 6 feet under anyway.