Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick's words to Gabriel Applied to Eugene

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by Tailgater, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

Rick directly, clearly and sternly said to Gabriel: "These people are my family. If you do anything to hurt them, and I mean anything. I will kill you."

Wouldn't this line of thinking apply to Eugene? Rick might not view Abraham and Rosita as family, but Glenn and Maggie are like his son and daughter and Tara is his newest family member. Eugene risked the lives of Glenn, Maggie and Tara.

#1 Tailgater, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. Jack Windham

Jack Windham Member

Rick isn't going to like Eugene when they inevitably meet up again.

3. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

He won't like him, but I'm quite confident he won't kill him.

4. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I dont think that Eugene really risked the lives of anyone to be honest. All Eugene wants to do is to get to a place that he thinks is safe. He even said in his speech that he figured the people that were coming along with him would benefit from being in a place that has a safe infrastructure like Washington DC. Yes, I'm sure their journey was far from safe, but as Herschel said last season - you risk your life with everything you do in this world.

5. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Rick is gonna karate chop Eugene's tennessee tophat in half.

6. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

I think Rick already knows about Eugene's secret...

7. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

It seems like Rick will get really pissed like we've seen in previous episodes, especially the Gabriel episode. Sounds like Rick will be like "What the F@#$, you risked our people and our supplies for your hopeless efforts?!" and then all of Eugene's little mullet hairs will stick up to the sky and he'll fear for his life. Then Rick will eventually get over it, whether it be that Carl calms him down again or Rick just feels it's of no point, Eugene is still a body... regardless of his weak and agile abilities.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the active tampering of the vehicles. I don't think his lie itself was necessarily risking their lives, unless they left a safe zone to travel with him, but the vehicle tampering is. Even if it doesn't cause a vehicle to crash, just purposely stranding them on the road itself is a risk. But I agree with you about the lie.

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't see Rick being extremely bothered about the lie either. He wasn't invested in it as Eugene and Rosita were. Also I don't think he even took the time to consider what Eugene was selling. All of their time together had been spent at Terminus, reuniting with Judith and Carol, finding the church and then dealing with Gareth. He really didn't have a chance to draw a breath, let alone consider the validity of it all. He agreed to the DC trip, but they currently have no home and they need to do something. If they still had the prison I could've seen Rick saying, good luck on your cross country trek, send me a postcard if you make it there.

The sabotaging of the vehicle though will bother him because it puts lives in jeopardy.

10. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

Yes, you are correct. The tampering of the vehicle was directly having people risk their lives more than usual in this world. However, no one ended up dying or even really getting hurt in that crash, so i don't feel that Eugene has any more blood on his hands than anyone else at this point.

11. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Also, Rick didn't make the decision to go to Washington. Judith did. She has obviously inherited Lori's annoying trait of telling Rick to do things.

12. shakey

shakey Member

I expect that somehow, like Tara, Eugene will do something to redeem himself. This will bond him to Maggie and Glenn and it won't really matter that much to Rick. If anything, he be pissed about splitting up the group. But if you think about it, it was really Abraham that was responsible for that. Eugene didn't want to go anywhere. Eugene was also responsible for saving Glenn and Tara. None of this makes up for sabotaging the bus of course, but I just think they'll be too busy with Slabtown and whatever comes next to worry about it too much.

13. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Eugene might have made some nice BarBQ for the Hunters.

14. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

Lori will never stop haunting Rick it seems. :( lol.

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That's nothing compared to the traits she's picked up from Shane. In 20 years she'll be shooting Maggie and Glenn's child in the leg and leaving them behind as walker bait.

16. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I was also thinking about how it was Eugene that saved Glenn and Tara which brought about Glenn and Maggie being reunited. I think that's why they decided to go with Abraham and Eugene cause they owed him. I think when deciding about what to do with Eugene, that's gonna come up plus his heroics with the fire truck hose. I think he's growing on everybody a little which is why they didn't let Abe beat him to death when he confessed, and no, I don't think he's dead. We don't even know what or how much of what went on will even get back to Rick's ears. Does everyone know the whole story of what happened between Rick and Shane? Or Carol killing Karen and Lizzie? I don't think so, so some secrets are being kept. Abe may not want to confess to Rick about what a fool he's been and make up some story about why they had to come back...if they go back.

17. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

Everybody is saying that eugene didn't hurt or kill anyone by lying so rick wont get too mad but i disagree, rick will get mad because of the potential deaths that could have happened because he took glenn, maggie and tara. The deaths could have been in both groups (meaning the bus group and the church group) because the group was weekend without glenn, maggie and tara there. I think Rick is going to lunge at eugene with the intent to kill him but Abraham will stop him (non aggressively) and talk him out of it.

18. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I'm actually hoping that Ricks reaction is more pointed towards Abe for being moronic enough to ever buy into the story. Eugenes action can be justified by a yearning to survive. There is nothing that can justify a trained military man being stupid enough to believe that Eugene was going to be the savior of the world. Rick needs to humble Abe by very forcefully letting him know where he stands in the pecking order if he chooses to remain within the group. Assuming that they go back which it seems obvious that they will.

#18 Necrophile213, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  19. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Nothing to justify a trained military man being stupid enough to buy an outright lie, along the lines of best intelligence showing enriched plutonium from North Africa had been purchased with the intent of creating weapons of mass destruction capable of launching within 45 minutes? Oh, so that kind of military intelligence. I think Rick should beat Abe a few times upside the head.

20. LA snapper

LA snapper Member

He might be mad because he risked Glen and Maggie lives but i dont think he will do anything