Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rip Currents??Shmipp Currents!

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Pablo & Jessica' started by EZD, Sep 12, 2016.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

WTF are they trying to pull over on us now?:shining:

I have been trying to comprehend exactly what we are supposed to think this is about and all I can come up with is that this is yet another bizarre thing we are just supposed to understand and accept in the storyline.:zombies_alien:

I do not.:zombies_rolleyes:

We have seen lots of Dead Walking in rough surf through this show and its not like they will drown apparently when submerged and we also know that the fall will not stop them so exactly how is this plan to drop them into the RipTide supposed to solve anything?

Am I missing something else about this?:zombies_cuinlove:

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I thought it was a pretty good plan......except for the big huge fact that what goes out eventually comes back in. And that's a LOT of infected....

3. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Sharks will take care of a number of them . Like chumming the waters .

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It was actually a good plan. Leading the walkers en masse out of the hotel was a much better plan that killing them one by one and dragging each and every body down the stairwell and out to the beach. They could have also just done a 'First Time Again' plan and lead them a mile or two up the beach and then looped back around. But they don't swim, so the tide will take them up or down the beach and deposit them somewhere else. Aside from the fact that the plan required someone to jump about 50 feet into water, it was solid.

5. Poppy

Poppy Member

They could have created more of a funneling effect, and narrow the walkway a bit so that only one infected could get through at a time, and they could have killed them off, then tossed them over the side. This way the dead would walk themselves to the beach :) no need to drag them.
    Also... they could have managed the numbers, and not clear the building all at once. Maybe twenty at a time... whatever they felt was manageable.

6. Neuropyramidal

I'm not sure the funneling effect would be a good idea. It would have stretched the line out too long, and the ones behind may have lost interest. I think the way they did it was better.

7. Poppy

Poppy Member

Of course it was a good idea.
    The line wouldn't be too long if you only attracted 20 walkers at a time.
    Clear each set of stair wells one at a time.
    Then do the top floor, then the 16th, etc.
    You don't even have to do them all in one day.
    Small manageable groups.

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I just don't understand how this plan is going to get rid of the Dead?

9. Neuropyramidal

the funneling effect adds nothing. They weren't leading 20 walkers, they were leading hundreds. So not a good idea. Even with a small group of 20 walkers, you would want them grouped together tighter, so they'd stay together. Not a long string, which could be harder to manage.

#9 Neuropyramidal, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  10. Poppy

Poppy Member

That's because they didn't think it through.

Remember Glenn at the tractor salesroom. "Let them out one at a time"
    Or Maggie, Stasha, and Bob, at the bus? "Let them out one at a time so that they are manageable"

11. Neuropyramidal

That's because they were killing them. Of course its easier to funnel them if you have to kill them one at a time. But they were just leading them off a ledge. The funneling effect would be a horrible idea here. It would have done nothing other than stretch them out and increase the chance they would disperse and not follow.

12. Poppy

Poppy Member

That dock wasn't all that wide to begin with. Were they maybe 5 abreast at max? So over a distance of twenty feet or so, you could narrow it down to an opening where only one could get through. If there is too much pressure on the side of the funnel, then kill that at the fence like at the prison.

13. Poppy

Poppy Member

Yeah... they weren't killing them, just leading them off a ledge to wash back up on shore, or swim back.
    IMO better to kill them off in a way that you can control the situation.

14. Neuropyramidal

No, the dock was much wider than that. Between 10 and 15 abreast.

15. Neuropyramidal

So we agree the funneling effect is a bad idea. You're changing your criticism now.

Actually, very likely, the tide would take them a ways up or down shore before depositing them back.

16. Poppy

Poppy Member

haha you're trying to be cute. :)
    The reason from the outset that the just marching them off the pier is because it would not kill them, and they could get back onto the beach.
    The suggestion to funnel them is so that they could kill them before throwing them into the ocean. This way if they wash back up, they won't be a threat.

17. Neuropyramidal

As stated, the tunneling would have increased the chance that they dispersed instead of following the line. And the tide will likely take them up or down shore and deposit them somewhere not threatening. The tunneling would have been a bad idea.

18. Poppy

Poppy Member

Rip currents can be as narrow as 10 or 20 feet in width though they may be up to ten times wider. The length of the rip current also varies. Rip currents begin to slow down as they move offshore, beyond the breaking waves, but sometimes extend for hun- dreds of feet beyond the surf zone.
    http://www.ripcurrents.noaa.gov/resources/Final Talking Points and Fact Sheet_041707.pdf

19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I have to think that not killing them is the worst idea.
    They are all concentrated now and will still be when they return to shore I think and they could have managed killing them although it would have been a much bigger operation for sure.

The reason I started this thread though is to suggest that the notion that merely leading them off the pier is asking us to imagine they are dealt with now when I do not think they are......at all!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Neuropyramidal

they won't come back right next to the hotel as a group though. I think they managed them efficiently.