Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Roadkill walker

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by mistymage, Nov 11, 2013.

1. MerlesRightHand

MerlesRightHand New Member

I agree.

I also agree with Devinn, we often overanalyze minute issues.

2. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Roadkill backpacker

This is probably not at all true, but my first thought when Rick drives by the walker lying on the road was that it was the backpacker they failed to help in an earlier episode. When we last saw him, he was being eaten by walkers, so he could very easily have ended up a partial walker on the road. Makes Carl using his backpack a little macabre.

3. mistymage

mistymage Member

If we didn't this forum would be pretty sparsely populated. It's the nitpicking that gives rise to such interesting conversations. If we only said "This is great" what would be the purpose of even coming here?

4. Porfivor Nixon

What's the deal with eating humans anyway? Couldn't there also be a group that only eats plants? Many humans don't eat meat. Or even zombies that only eat other zombies. We need more diversity.

5. devinnn

devinnn Member

You think interesting conversations arise from nit picking whether or not the dogs were eating the decayed walker?

I guess we have very different definitions of interesting. I think debating motives, themes, predictions, character traits and other factors directly related to the story is interesting.. Not nit picky minor points about how the lawns are mowed or how some referred to antibiotics as a blanket term for medicine.

This forum is not only flooded with whiney nit pick topics, but direct reposts of whiney nit pick topics. If we got rid of these, maybe it wouldn't be 'sparsely populated,' but would give this forum some space for intelligent thought IMO.

6. mistymage

mistymage Member

I find stuff like whether a gun could do what it was doing, whether a person could do X, whether this would actually do that ... interesting to read. People with some Real Life knowledge weighing in on the most mundane or the most minor of things is cool.

Arguing over opinions is boring (the Andrea is "such a", Carl is a psychopath or Daryl fans are "so whatever"). Debating over whether dogs would eat a walker is thought provoking. Since flies don't lay their eggs on walkers one would think an animal with a higher functioning brain would leave them alone as well.

In the end it's all about talking to the people you enjoy conversing with about whatever floats your boat as long as it is within the forum guidelines.

7. devinnn

devinnn Member

You do realize that whether a dog would eat a walker is ALSO an opinion.. its just a far more trivial opinion than character motives, which are less opinion than you describe and more closely related to a supported debate argument.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just pointing out that this particular forum has a ton of threads talking about very small details (like this one) that hold very little weight to the story, and very few (in relation) threads talking about themes, character arcs, and motives. They both have their place as they are both discussion/debate topics, its just that one outweighs the other... by a lot.

8. rustybag

rustybag Member

Exactly! I see it this way too. I also love when the comedians come out. The post [MENTION=8823]Johnnie Walker[/MENTION] wrote earlier in the thread was hilarious. It's easy enough in message boards to just skip over the conversations you don't find interesting anyways. No biggie

9. JTR357

JTR357 Member

As previously stated,those dogs didn't look like they were 'eating' it.More like nibbling a bit,getting disgusted then backing away.Poor things must be starving.

FYI,dogs will eat their own feces.Just sayin'

10. maya15

maya15 Member

Also, I think Clara said (regarding Eddie`s condition) something like "He`s getting weaker, he needs something alive..", if I remember correctly.

11. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

In Season 1 promos, weren't the dogs outside Atlanta eating corpses? I've been wondering where all the dogs and cats are. They can easily outrun walkers.

12. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes I believe you are correct!!

13. Retard_O_Doom98

I think he was actually incapable of moving his arms to that degree. If he was decayed that badly then he wouldnt be holding his arms up. It probably had its arm dislocated or broken so that it was impossible to go any further.

14. Retard_O_Doom98

Thats because walkers eat anything meat based. If a crow tried then it would be grabbed and eaten. The dogs trying however, the walker couldnt get them so they got a nice meal. Good old ecology. The dogs live and reproduce, the crows die and do not.

15. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

It's impossible for the human vessel they walk around in to last forever....so feebleness is very much possible.And as for that dog's?woah I really can't wrap my head around that one...I mean are too infected?or just starving?....we'll see what Team Kirkman delivers haha,cause that dogs I can't remember reading in the comics....

16. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I can live with this explanation for now :)

why aren't there maggots though? Do the flies know the walkers will eat the maggots when they hatch?

17. rustybag

rustybag Member

Where ARE the maggots? It would actually be the other way around. The maggots would be eating the zombies up in no time. I believe they start with the eyes & tongue :)

18. SugarLover

SugarLover New Member

I thought the roadkill zombie might not be a zombie. Could it have been tattoo leg's boyfriend? We never saw what happened to him. Maybe he was attacked, ripped up, laying on the side of the road with a dog nosing his guts, just inches from real death when he reached out toward the car.

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

We got a pretty good look at its face. It was a walker. And it was wearing like 5 layers of clothes with a jacket and Sam was wearing just a wife beater. :p

20. joshred4

joshred4 Member

I think that things are only on the verge of getting much worse, not better. So I doubt it.