Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rock In The Road, Rate The Damn Episode!!

Discussion in 'Episode 709 - Rock in the Road' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 12, 2017.

?

Rate The Gobshite!

1. Solid As a Rock

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. 9

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. 8

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. 7

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. eh, a little rocky...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Road to nowhere..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I gave it an 8. It was a very good start to the second part of the season.
    There was some really good acting here - especially from the guys playing Gregory (god, I hate that guy, so the actor did a good job) and Ezekiel.
    I like, that the alliance against Negan isn't forged in the first episode after Ricks decision to fight back.
    Oh - and Ricks grin at the end - I think, he is convinced that Gabriel boght allies with the food and I hope, he is right,

2. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I give it a solid 7
    So happy to see the show back on screen but it was a bit lacklustre for me except the Walker cull with the cars/ cheese cutter scene.
    I'm glad the crew are all more or less back together but I do worry for Darryl.
    Maybe he will be the reason Carol and Morgan might come out of retirement against Negan & co?
    Overall this ep raised more questions for me i.e.; who was in the car with fr gabriel?
    I wish the show would go back to the story telling of seasons 1-4 it feels a bit directionless at the moment but I guess we still have the rest of this season to work things out

• Like Like x 1
  3. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Yes, it was cool*. I'm glad it was a Negan free episode, as I was getting fed up with him gooning it up most episodes. I'd have gone for 8.5 if it was available.

*Although I'm still annoyed I didn't get to see that tank trundling over a herd of walkers back at the prison. :)

4. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

If they answered even ONE question it'd be a 10, whats Gabriel doing? Who r these emo tweens in black? Who's Deanna? (JK rip Abraham) Why is Rosita so fiesty too Sasha?

5. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I gave it a 6.

It was overall entertaining, but I still have some quibbles.

• It's rather lame everybody is crapping all over Gregory when Rick was doing exactly the same thing a couple episodes ago. Yes, he is a weasel and a jerk, but his retorts were valid.
    • Why does everybody believe they have a shot against the Saviors without any backing evidence? We know Negan has serious manpower. Alexandria only seasoned "fighters" are Rick's group which is like a dozen people or whatever. Hilltop has zero. Dunno how much the Kingdom has but it'd be virtually taking on Negan headon with minor support from Rick.
    • The whole Ezekial schtick is lame and he should've dropped it if he's dealing with something as serious as an alliance against Negan. Take it from Rick's point of view -- this guy is a complete loon.
    • The walker herd coming out of nowhere :confused: and the whole kill sequence was pure fan service. It was fun, but kinda pathetic with Gimple virtually begging on his knees to love the show again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I gave it an 8. The episode was good: I particularly enjoyed the scenes on the highway with the herd, however they focused to much on the diplomacy and asking Ezekiel for help at the start of the episode so it felt slow to get started.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I loved this episode. I can't believe just how much they got done. Love the plethora of plot advancement, it made up for the show being a bit behind on the previous few (for good reason though)

Also the line about skinny joey being just joey without fat joey. My goodness :D that's why I gave it a 10

#27 Spidey, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  8. calliope

calliope Active Member

I gave it an 8. I wanted to love it just a little bit more than I did.

At times the filming looks like they're in a studio in front of a green screen. Makes it look a little cheesy to me. I preferred the reality look of S2.

The dialogue is a little thin in places as well. The few lines Daryl has are just making him look dumb. Gregory isn't talking out both sides of his mouth, he was very clear that he wants nothing to do with you. KE is being very king-like in protecting the interests of his people first. I think it's supposed to be his PTSD talking, but that's not being made clear enough.

I've seen some complaints about Rosita's bitchiness, but I think it's spot on. She's lost 2 bed partners in 2 weeks and her girlfriend broke the chick code for sure.

It was great to see Rick coming back into form, although I could have done without the bedtime story. It just didn't do it for me.

OTOH, KE reciting Dr King was very moving for me. So much this younger generation of survivors will never know.

I thought the scene at the highway was entertaining although a little implausible. Negan's comments were awesome! Although since they spent the night at the Kingdom, it apparently took them a day to find Fat Joey's body and even longer to realize Daryl was gone. Definitely showing some cracks in the Sanctuary armor.

Loved the cold opening with Fr G! I think that the garbage kids had been reaching out to him. He's been on that wall a lot, and wearing his collar. Definitely someone who looks approachable.

9. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Gave it a 7. Too much skipped over -- like Rick not giving Gregory and later Ezekiel a detailed explanation of the growing evils inflicted by the Saviors, what they've done and what's coming. The dialogue was poor -- nothing whatsoever like the dialogue of shows past. Rick did not remotely make his case with Ezekiel.

And gigantic story skips -- like why does Rick have zero concern for where Judith is? The other reason I gave it a 7 is I lover Rick being back (if not his beard). But I do not like the woman-centric show this has turned into, and now a second group of survivors that are female only? Okay, maybe that is why Rick is smiling.

For me, give me a Shane, a T-dog, a Tyrese, an Abraham, even a Morales.. Nothing against the ladies -- Sasha is awesome, Rosita is awesome, Carol is awesome , but Tara is not -- and this female bonding stuff doesn't do it for me.

10. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I love how the walkers never tried to bite Rick and Michonne when they were caught the out in the open. It's like the walkers were saying, "Oh my God, Andrew Lincoln! Can I get an autograph?" :D

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I really liked this episode. While the whole Walker clothesline slice and dice routine was probably far fetched, I enjoyed it a lot. Cool scene. No complaints. Big fan of episodes that have the entire cast like this. Nice start to 7B.

12. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

Oh, I am SO with you on that one! Love the actor, hate the character.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Deidre

Deidre Member

8.0 but only because the group is finally back together, at least for part of the episode. I'm over showcasing Negan. We get it, he's a horrible psychopath...but honestly, he comes across too cartoonish anymore to take seriously. Maybe that is what happens when trying to transfer a comic book character to a tv series? Idk. And I wish Carol would go away...not in a death scene kind of way, but just write her out of the show somehow. She is boring, and blah, and her character is always putting everyone at risk, it seems. For someone who wants to be left alone, she isn't doing a great job of it considering people keep looking for her, and finding her. I think it's selfish that she keeps causing different groups to look for her. I felt like the last episode seemed very staged and rehearsed, like there seems to be a natural flow that has been lost since introducing Negan. Idk...hopefully, it gets better.