Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ron and bullying

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Ubiq, Nov 23, 2015.

1. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I love it. I like to think that each dislike represents one of his tears.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Tears make for good lube

3. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

He'll dislike this one too LOL. At least our tin hats match.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I'm saving them all up for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

He just disliked my post from 2 days ago. Did it take him that long to get the joke? :zombies_lol:

6. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

I agree, she's crazy. She probably thinks that the earth is round and evolution is a thing. What a loon.

7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

https://youtu.be/C_Kh7nLplWo

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

He's just a typically teenage boy who hasn't really thought it through, but can you really blame him?

This group has moved into Alexandria & killed his father. I would be pretty upset about that as well.

Because he's been shielded from what's happening in the real world outside the Alexandria walls, he doesn't understand how dire the situation really is and is too immature to figure out that sometimes you have to tolerate situations/people you can't stand just to survive.

I can understand why he's angry, in his mind he thinks Alexandria will return to normal if he removes Rick & Carl. He hasn't had to deal with reality outside the walls so he doesn't know any different..

He probably feels that he's tolerated years of bullying & abuse by his father and he's now going to stand up to Rick & Carl..

9. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

That is complete horse crap! I get the essence of what you're trying to say, but make no mistake, bullying exists. I'm not a liberal by any means and I believe there is such a thing as bullying. I'm not even sure how that holds any relevance to this topic.

I myself am a real life "Porch Dick Jr." in a sense, lol. My father, albeit not a drunk, was still an abusive person physically and emotionally. He was a bully. Even when we were having "fun" and horsing around, he would exhibit bullyish behaviors toward me and toward others. He would use very aggressive and intimidating body language along with psychological tactics to control myself and my mother. He would often say cruel things to us and to others that were demeaning and designed to cause harm. He didn't think anything of it because he thought it was funny. Hell, he just didn't know any better. In some ways that makes it worse.

Yeah, he was an asshole for sure. But he wasn't an asshole to everyone.... That's the kicker. Bullies target certain people that they think they might have some measure of control over and then they assert that control in a very manipulative and destructive manner, physically and/or emotionally. In most cases, bullies are/were victims themselves. My father was. Porch Dick probably was too. PD's dad was probably a raging drunk himself who beat his wife and kids as well, who knows?

With that being said... Yes, there seems to be a bit of hyper-sensitivity in our culture now where a lot of social situations are being classified under the broad umbrella of "bullying" when they should not be. For example: When all of us pig-pile on someone who expresses a controversial opinion, is that bullying? I don't believe so. We aren't going out of their way to target said "victim" and relentlessly harass that person and look to cause as much harm to him/her as possible. We aren't following them to Facebook or making sneaky personal attacks via PM or posting personal information about that person or committing slander and libel against said person.

If we WERE doing things like that, then yes. That's bullying. But if people say "you're an idiot" or "eff off you stupid troll" or if there's some mockery involved??? Is that appropriate? No. (Is it funny, hells yes. lolol) Does making crude remarks to someone make you an asshole? Of course. But is that bullying? Some would say yes. I would say no. Even if things escalate into a full blown internet throw down... is that bullying? No. It's just stupid drama.

Anyway, the bottom line is this.... Yeah, I poke fun at people. I'm a troll on this site. Some people think I'm an asshole. I've got a big mouth and I can be harsh with my choice of words sometimes. All of this is very true, lol. But the difference between me- a garden variety asshole, and a bully, is that I'm not seeking to crush and destroy certain individuals because I want to make them pay the price for the proverbial crimes that others committed against me. That's what bullies do and they don't stop doing it because it's the only thing they have control of in their life. But eventually they find that they really don't even have control of that. The only thing a bully really accomplishes, is causing serious damage to other people.

On that note... Have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Boy that was awkward. lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

They were going to try and rehabilitate him, but then he killed Reg. Then that was it. Boom. Instant death penalty.

The only thing he's reaping are consequences of not seeing Ron for the little punkass bitch he is.

11. HondaS2kXD

You, sir, are the sort of f*cking moron who gives conservatives and republicans a bad name. (Spoken by a conservative libertarian)

Much like @Jama, I am an "asshole." There are varying degrees and types of assholeishness. You have your pessimistic assholes, your proud dickheads, and your sarcastic pricks (me). I say whatever crosses my mind. I make jokes, often at the expense of myself and others, but all in good fun and for the sake of having a few laughs. Occasionally I will get pissed off and use weaponized sarcasm to genuinely attempt to cut someone else down, but that's rare.

Bullies are something else. They ONLY cut people down. They aren't funny. They aren't cool. They aren't tough. They're just stupid, cowardly, useless f*cks who pick on and attack other people who are easy targets just to lash out and distract the world from how worthless they are.

#71 HondaS2kXD, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  12. Berry

Berry Member

Bullying: Only one side is laughing.. the bully's side.

Teasing/Pranking/Joking/Roast(ing?): Both sides enjoy the "conflict". (At least once the surprise has worn off).

#72 Berry, Nov 26, 2015
  13. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I enjoy mocking certain persons at this site. But I like to think that I am selective about my targets: people who are insulting, racist, misogynist, or homophobic. Basically, people who "ask for it". I try to not harass people just because they have controversial points of view. I'm not sure if that makes me a bully or a Mary Sue or both.

#73 westwingnut, Nov 26, 2015
  14. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Man you really should make serious posts more often.

15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Such interesting posts by everyone. Special thanks to Honda for giving me the expression "weaponized sarcasm."

I have one question. Westwingnut said something about double red bars. When people dislike a post, does the black bar turn red, the way it turns green after five "likes?" Does a bar double if it gets ten clicks? My bar on the offending post was still black.

16. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Call it what you will, climate change is definitely a thing. The fact that the 20 000 years ago Earth was covered in ice and now it is not is a pretty good indication. Edu-ma-cate yo self! (for one thing because learning about the Ice Age is extremely interesting)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

edit- sorry guys, forgot to put that in spoiler tags, super annoyingly huge

#76 Hedwig, Nov 26, 2015
  17. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Haha! I'm less selective with how I mock people. Basically if you annoy me, you're a target. lolz. ;-)

But seriously, that's not bullying nor is what you're doing. We had an actual situation on this site a couple of years back where "cyber bullying" was an issue (it happened around the time you joined this site). Post stalking, nasty PMs, posting rude comments in the reputation list, or whatever that's called, lying/gossip, empty threats, etc. Looking back, I don't think the all of the "bullies" meant to behave that way though. Things just got carried away. It's easy to allow that to happen when there's virtually no consequences for one's actions on the internet. Some of them also expressed regret for their actions and apologized. Things just got out of control and VERY heated.

19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Double red bars, means that this person had 2 posts that were both red-barred due to the negative reaction of said posts.

Weirdly enough.... I do not see any red bars from anyone on my screen. I'm not sure why because I used to see them. Maybe it's a settings thing. Not sure. I see the green and yellow bars that people receive though. This has nothing to do with your question but I thought I'd add that in anyway. lol

20. Chassit

Chassit Member

Bullying starts because some jerk starts picking on you. Then instead of fighting back you let them so then other kids join in because you won't do anything about it. As someone who was bullied all through school I am here to tell you that those who are biullied are victims of themselves and nobody else. If you let people victimize you then they will.

Morons think that the government not only should, but even can do something about it. Keep in mind that the government can't even wipe its own ass.