Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ron and bullying

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Ubiq, Nov 23, 2015.

1. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Lol, now that only happens when you like someone here...

2. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

That should be you REP what you sow... lol

3. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Things aren't all black and white. People should be able to stand up for themselves. But you probably know better than myself, that is not always the case. You also let it happen all the way trough school. What would've happened, if you, their favorite target, suddenly stood up for yourself? Would it have stopped? In most cases it would only have gotten worse. A target that fights back is much more of a challenge. These worms feed on it. My brother has a form of autism. He didn't have the tools to fend off assholes like that. His brain isn't wired like "normal" people. He took an assertivity course. And it only got worse. I always stood up for him. Told him: don't let it get to you. Focus on the friends you do have. (meaning myself and two other of the "loser kids")

One day I saw him being bullied, stripped of his pants and threw the pants in a basket ring. "Luckily" I was there. I sent one kid to the hospital (broken wrist, broken rib and a concussion) his lackey got off with some bruises. I was 18. They were 16 and my brother was 14. Don't need tell you there was a lawsuit, I was forced to drop out. Payed a shitload of money.Because those f*cking rats were "just messing around, and didn't mean anything by it." In the end it was worth it. The bullying stopped. Those assholes even tried to friend him after it all happened. Wich sickened me even worse. People like that don't deserve to live.

This happened 12 years ago, and my eyes are still tearing up as I'm writing this. My brother is a saint, he helps people where he can, even if he doesn't always understand the situation, he has kind words for those whose need them. He is a genuinely funny, kindhearted, loving man, he is now and he was back then.

I'm sorry you were bullied during school, but you don't get to tell me he was being a victim of being himself.

#83 DeadReckoning, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

"Have you ever listened to someone speak and wondered... Who ties your shoelaces for you?" -Unknown.

So, you're saying it's the victims faults that bullies pick on them? Thats pretty f*cking stupid. So, how do they "fight back," when it's one victim being bullied by multiple (usually physically stronger) asshats? Aside from "conform, do whatever they tell you, and don't be yourself," there's no way out in your way of thinking.

What the F*CK does this have to do with the government?

5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

hmmmm.... So a 250 pound man rapes a teenage girl repeatedly over the course of several years. She was physically incapable of defending herself and fighting back. Also, she doesn't reach out to someone else for help her because the rapist threatened to kill her if she tells anyone about it.... And that somehow translates into her being the victim of herself and it's essentially her fault? The logic behind that is ponderous to say the least.

There's a 6 year old boy in a small town school district who rides the bus home from school. Because it's a small school district, high school kids also ride on that same bus. A high school boy, age 17, happens to be the size of a grown man and he doesn't like the way the little boy looks, laughs, talks, whatever. So the older kid places his hand over the little kid's mouth and squeezes it shut. This action prevents the little boy from breathing properly, which leads the little boy to panic and he is terrified. The bus driver is primarily focusing on SAFELY driving a 40,000 pound vehicle and is not aware of what is going on behind those stupid high back bench seats. Finally the older boy tells the little boy to shut his effing mouth and if he tells the bus driver, he's going to get thrown out a window. That little boy, not knowing any better, 100% believes the older boy's empty threat and realizes that his only recourse, is to endure any future attacks, verbal or physical.

Is that little boy ALSO a victim of himself because he didn't put the older kid in a MMA style Kimura lock!?!?!? LOL Hell no!

Btw, that last scenario actually happened to my one of my younger cousin's children. He's MY 2nd cousin. The bully kid is now 21 years old and I'm coming for him, and hell cometh with me!!! I'm kidding. lol. They live 3000 miles away. But still....

#85 Jama, Nov 26, 2015
  6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thank you!

I see the green bars above liked posts, but not red above the disliked posts. Maybe I have seen yellow before and didn't pay attention.

Maybe I was looking in the wrong place. I was thinking the black bar above the post is what would change colors, but now I see there are green bars in the avatar space for reputation. I never noticed that before. Nice. :)

Also, I liked your earlier post so much, I wished I could have clicked "like" more than once. Seriously, Jama, super.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yes on both accounts... The green reputation bar above the avatar gets bigger when people give you positive rep. (see: the little Sheriff badge icon on the lower left window of every post that's not yours)

And yes, the black bar above each post will turn green if 5+ likes are given to that post. Yellow when 5+ thanks are given and.... BUM BUM BUUUUUMMMMM.... Red, if 5+ dislikes are given to a post. The problem is that you and I aren't seeing the red ones. Which is a crying shame if you ask me. lol

#87 Jama, Nov 26, 2015
  8. Lindigo

[MENTION=7726]Jama[/MENTION], How did you get that (STAR) VIP SURVIVOR bar? It looks like a special bar on a military uniform.

9. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

People used to be able to pay to get VIP membership-- benefits include the star, gifs in signatures, and your personal monkey-assassin-- a chimpanzee trained in the use of any and all weapons known to man. He follows you around wearing a tuxedo concealing an uzi and will protect you with his life, and rip the face off of people who annoy you for your amusement. He also plays card games, will carry baggage, and wash and wax your car. Sadly VIP membership is no longer available, and monkey-assassins have been outlawed.

10. Lindigo

LOL Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :Grin:

11. Still_Alive

Still_Alive Well-Known Member

I hijacked one

12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

shhhhh... I still have mine.

13. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

If you love a post someone makes, give them rep by clicking the sheriff badge on the post :) Then their green-rep bar above their avi gets bigger ;) I love giving people likes and thanks too- especially if it makes the bar go green or yellow. I've yet to dislike something though... speaking of which- I'm not seeing the red bar on the post with 5 dislikes either! :zombies_confused:

• Like Like x 3
  14. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

shhhh... me too

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lindigo

Hedwig, Thank you so much. I have been trying to figure out the rep thing over and over. I've managed it a few times, but you've just made it easy to remember. :)

Shoot. Editing to say it turns out I can't see sheriff badges. I just bought a computer today to replace this ancient tablet, so when I get set up tomorrow, maybe my vision will clear up.

#95 Lindigo, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Berry

Berry Member

On my computer, the badge looks like a star on the bar below the post, next to "send PM" and across from "reply", "reply with quote"

I'm grateful for this line of discussion. Had no idea about any of it!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Berry

Berry Member

I was bullied in middle school. Mostly it was just being made fun of, once I got kicked in the shin by pointy steel-toed cowboy boots (still have the scarred muscle there).

The worst of it: One day in gym class, a girl came right over to me, out of the blue, and started hitting/kicking me. I stood my ground and pushed back at her. The gym teacher looked over and saw us fighting, separated us. We both got in-school suspension for a week. The girl who started it was supposed to get a longer "sentence", but got off early for "good behavior". I didn't make a peep, but didn't get off early.

When victims receive the same treatment as the perpetrators, they're victims twice.

(I do believe those on the spectrum are more at risk, very worried for my elementary-aged son when he hits the higher grades).

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I was picked on too in school. Back then they didn't recognize bullying. It usually was the boys. (I was big busted ).
    When I graduated I thought I wouldn't have to see those losers again, but I was wrong.
    4 of those boys kept asking me out. The worst one was told to F* off.
    Guess I finally got my revenge.

19. Berry

Berry Member

Boys didn't bother me very much. One time one spit on me, and another was taking pictures of my shoes (climbed under my desk to do so, and I was wearing a skirt.. he ended up at the office).

It was the girls. Vicious. I had a female friend in 4th grade, and not again until 9th. Even now, I have no female friends (just acquaintances). No male friends either. Just my hubby, kids, and inlaws. Huh.. until I typed that, never really thought of it before. Do 37 year olds usually have friends? lol.

After having two male children on the spectrum, I started really looking at myself and family. Pretty sure my mother and I are also on the spectrum, though no diagnosis. Kids can sniff that stuff out!

• Like Like x 1
  20. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

Some of you people are too sensitive. There is no such thing as bullying.

• Like Like x 1